Nerf to all daggers

• @zombojoe:

the models themselves were lengthened

the overheads with the daggers have always had deceiving range because the player extends his whole arm out when doing them

The broad dagger model was lengthened? I’d hate to see the before state Lol. Reverting them though would be an interesting nerf to archer melee that would be nice to test out.

• Thrusting dagger IS overpowered however and should be nerfed. Whoever thought it was a brilliant idea to make the easiest attack the most powerful one like the overhead stab, then making it combo-able AND making the regular stab powerful, needs to have his brain checked. and I know who exactly brought up that idea out of the blue. . .

Broad and hunting knife seems to be in a fine place, just one thing that is a bit lame is that fake-attack tactic works too well with them and the arm speed is like unrealistic.

• You use maul, I presume?

Either get reaaaaaaaaaaaaaally good at footwork or switch to your secondary and ripsote like everyone else. Knights have arguably the best selection of secondaries in the game and most don’t even know how to use them without shield turtling and hoping their team shows up to bail them out. Pick up a norse sword and riposte stab the bastard in the face.

If that doesn’t work, try kicking, running away and doing a 180 lmb. Don’t feint unless they’re one hit away from dying.

• Only MaA’s with dagger sometimes are a pain in the ass, but because of dodge. Other than that, really easy to deal with and I think that in fact it is a piece of shit weapon. Really easy to drain its stamina or keep the distance with every weapon. Also maul is total shit and you should die against someone with a fast weapon like that, makes total sense.

• Dodge-at Arms is annoying in general with anything aslong as it is associated with the unskilled dodge manouver.

• I use my secondary against them and it works fine. (You got a secondary for a reason)

• i feel like i have a massive advantage going maul vs a dagger

he’ll just run out of stamina before he can hit me enough times

this also means i havent hit traded either which is also viable since archers die in 1 torso hit and maas die in 1 torso hit + 1 heavy kick

• i feel like i have a massive advantage going maul vs a dagger

he’ll just run out of stamina before he can hit me enough times

See I don’t get this, what kind of bozo MAA-Dagger user doesn’t flinch your super long windup? What kind of bozo MAA-Dagger user doesn’t stay the fuck away from the big maul if they can’t get in to flinch you in time? At best it’s a stalemate, otherwise the maa-dagger should win.

• Yeah thrusting dagger is the only dagger to use.

• @Toll:

See I don’t get this, what kind of bozo MAA-Dagger user doesn’t flinch your super long windup? What kind of bozo MAA-Dagger user doesn’t stay the fuck away from the big maul if they can’t get in to flinch you in time? At best it’s a stalemate, otherwise the maa-dagger should win.

if he tries to flinch you in windup you feint to parry into a lookdown overhead

if he forward dodges into a stab you can hit trade him by matrixing and overheading

• Forward dodge? pfft, just sprint.

Well if you have the reflexes, and importantly, a good ping, and even more importantly the stabber has a good ping, then yeah you could do that.

In most cases though the speed of the thrusting dagger will prevent that being an issue 90% of the time.

• Is MaA with daggers really a problem in NA? I never see MaA’s with daggers here in EU.
    I sometime use my butterknife to counter archers more easily but that’s pretty much it, in a teamfight it’s pretty useless.

• Mod

@Jonystrom:

Is MaA with daggers really a problem in NA? I never see MaA’s with daggers here in EU.
    I sometime use my butterknife to counter archers more easily but that’s pretty much it, in a teamfight it’s pretty useless.

I’ve tried MAA with daggers once. Nowhere near as effective as HWS or broadsword. It was fun though. I don’t play MAA bugger all because of my ping, so it could be more effective with practice. I’ve seen Toll doing some damage with daggers.

• @Tyoson:

I’ve tried MAA with daggers once. Nowhere near as effective as HWS or broadsword. It was fun though. I don’t play MAA bugger all because of my ping, so it could be more effective with practice. I’ve seen Toll doing some damage with daggers.

I see, I feel it’s a good secondary if you got a slower main weapon but I would never in my life want to main with a dagger. It may be quick but it’s just bad in so many other ways