Love the game but NO balancing really?

• This game is great but the fact that every single match gets horrible unbalanced is killing it really fast. How was this overlooked in beta?

• what do you mean specifically? the game’s just released, let everyone get good at it

• He says “every single match” which makes me believe that he is referring to teams being unbalanced. That is something that happens more often in dedicated server games as it is up to the players to balance it. I have not noted much of an issue but it really is annoying to take a death in order to switch teams, even when for the sake of helping the team who is short.

• It’s not an issue, unless Jack Baldy joins. Any game Jack Baldy joins, the opposing team becomes unbalanced. FACT.

• Hmm I was playing on dedicated servers and one side always had 2-1 number over the other team. Are there servers where it forces teams to balance?

• it was not over looked…

Lots of players kept mentioning it… just dont think the devs made it in…

• It wasn’t overlooked. It a server-side option that just isn’t turned on across all the servers at the moment. Sorry about that.

• Yep, just had a match where one of the teams have over 6 people more than the other =P

• @RMGadelha:

Yep, just had a match where one of the teams have over 6 people more than the other =P

Just pretend you are Spartans lol

• @Mkilbride:

It’s not an issue, unless Jack Baldy joins. Any game Jack Baldy joins, the opposing team becomes unbalanced. FACT.

Lol

Dont think ive seen a post of you where you dont mention that guy and his mad skillz. fanboy much?

• @daaamN:

@Mkilbride:

It’s not an issue, unless Jack Baldy joins. Any game Jack Baldy joins, the opposing team becomes unbalanced. FACT.

Lol

Dont think ive seen a post of you where you dont mention that guy and his mad skillz. fanboy much?

Not really. Just trying to spread an urban legend kind of deal. Hoping it’ll catch on.

• @Mkilbride:

@daaamN:

@Mkilbride:

Lol

Not really. Just trying to spread an urban legend kind of deal. Hoping it’ll catch on.

Maybe the devs can put up a “Leaderboard” on the main site that lists the top players, of course this doesn’t have to be legit scoring or anything but it’ll just have Jack Baldy up near the top.

Also yes, I have died a few times to him without complaint of course. The guy’s a legend.

• Put it this way was in a battle, and a man called Slayer_of_Men was fighting 5 on him and he had the big 2 handed sword, he had an arrow sticking out his arm and he still killed them all he was blocking kicking. he had skills so to see somebody overcome 5 on 1 was indeed epic, i watched battle from afar with my archer :P

• i suck but i havent played one game so far that wasnt really one sided. some sort of team balancing would be nice

• @b3h47pte:

It wasn’t overlooked. It a server-side option that just isn’t turned on across all the servers at the moment. Sorry about that.

Why wasn’t it turned on by default? Seems like a standard cvar setting. Now is there a way to force team balance when a certain number of players drop off? Is there a server side setting or admin control for admins to switch players to a team?

• This needs to be addressed in the very first patch.

I was in a game where 12 people joined red, and we had only FOUR people on blue… this should not even be allowed to happen, its just outright stupidity. players will not take responsibility, at least not until its too late. Here is what needs to be added:

1. Players should NEVER be allowed to join a team if they UP by even ONE player.
    2. If the teams before imbalanced in the middle of the game, the next player that dies need’s to be moved automatically.

team balancing needs to be forced on, at least for the start of the round, on any open server.

• ^ agreed with one exception in that during a scrim sometimes people get disconnected. If the next person dies and was forced to the opposite team, that would screw up a scrim.

Now having a forced team balance upon joining and not allowing a player to join then switch sides to make it not balanced should be on by default, period.

• Chill out guys, there is NOTHING to address. The option is there, just turned off by default. If server admins are too lazy to go thru their server configs and set things up properly, its not the developers problem, nor fault. FWIW our servers have team auto balance set to true. I am sure other admins will figure it out before long.

• @Mkilbride:

Double True. Its unfortunate winning at any cost is more fun than winning a fair fight to some people.

• 7 people left my team, was pretty much gg… for them