Players taking over official server

• Right now there are 3 players in the server Official TDM Server US West [24p] Multiplay #03 named Pickle the Destroyer, Tyler Durden, and Tyroil Smootchie-Wallace who have hijacked the server and are vote kicking anyone who joins. Is this behavior allowed? I find it incredibly rude that people would actively prevent a server’s population from growing just so they can use it as their own personal playground. I was really looking forward to playing, and there aren’t any other TDM servers with decent ping up right now, and I’m being totally prevented by these three selfish assholes.

So can anything be done about this? Does torn banner ever police their servers or anything? Looks like I’m boned for right now and will just have to go play something else, but as far as I’m concerned this type of behavior is unacceptable and should warrant an automatic ban from all official servers.

• That is against the rules. We can’t be in every server all the time, but we have a Steam group set up so you can contact any moderators who are online:
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/chivserveradmin

Join the group and you can see which admins are online (the admins have little silver stars next to their names).

Surely there is more than one server you can play on though?

• Wow, even Official servers could do with a MOTD…

• Happens now and again, chances of getting a moderator are slim to none though. Last time people would just flee from server to server running from Keith (he was a great moderator). He eventually caught them but I doubt a perm ban would happen.

• @gregcau:

Happens now and again, chances of getting a moderator are slim to none though.

But when you do join as a mod and catch those guys. It’s oh sooooo sweet.

• All 3 of those names are forum members here am I correct? I have seen them before, and not on an off chance. Perhaps I’ve just seen them on servers a fair bit maybe.
    But yeah, that is not fun at all, a nice big fat ban hammer for them I say.

• I’d rather hear both sides of the story before any talk of bans.

• @DokB:

I’d rather hear both sides of the story before any talk of bans.

3 idiots joined a server and kicked anyone who joined. There is no other side of the story. This happens all the time. A group of friends will join an empty server and keep it as their own. So they kick anyone they don’t want.

• @lemonater47:

3 idiots joined a server and kicked anyone who joined. There is no other side of the story. This happens all the time. A group of friends will join an empty server and keep it as their own. So they kick anyone they don’t want.

I agree with lemon, happens now and again, not a big deal but well worth a moderators attention - well if we had actual admins

• Mod

@lemonater47:

Coming from a server admin I’d think you’d listen to both sides of the story and actually look at some evidence before you just go agreeing with a post from somebody who just joined these forums. People lie.

• @gregcau:

I agree with lemon, happens now and again, not a big deal but well worth a moderators attention - well if we had actual admins

I haven’t actually seen you asking any of our admins for help. Certainly you’ve never asked me. Maybe you should try doing that before you cast aspersions. ;)

• @Tyoson:

Coming from a server admin I’d think you’d listen to both sides of the story and actually look at some evidence before you just go agreeing with a post from somebody who just joined these forums. People lie.

Usually I would. But the current evidence perfectly describes something that I and many others have seen time and time again. I highly doubt this guy did anything to to annoy those 3. They would just be kicking anyone who joins. It happens a lot. I’ve seen it several times. It usually gets at least 1 of them banned off our servers if it happens. The only time I asked for an official moderator to deal with it on an official server the moderator came on gave the main guy his second warning for the same thing. He had changed his name to Admin as well though the moderator remembered the steam account. No kick no nothing.

Now this moderator was in the previous bunch of moderators. I don’t know how the new ones would of acted.

But yeah. I’m 100% sure than these three were only kicking people to keep the server to themselves and that the guy who made this thread did nothing to provoke them in any way.

• Wait, you mean to tell me that it’s against the rules for people to kick other players out simply because they don’t want to play with them? I.E. someone joins a server of like 3 people, all 3 people are friends, and the friends instantly boot out the random guy joining just because they want to play with nothing but their friends?

Fuck, if i’d have known that i’d have started reporting people a long time ago. I get kicked out of servers like that on an hourly basis.