Remove Coldfront from map rotation on official servers.

• Seriously.

Ping is fine on one map, switch to Coldshit and everyone leaves because of lag.

And the fact that Agatha doesn’t stand a chance, but that’s another story.

• TBS pls remove coldfront, everyone votes for darkforest_p every time man

nobody wants to play it

• true story

• Mod

Pretty certain I made a thread exactly like this one over a month ago. The map needs polish and it kills servers like citadel does. Both these two maps need some serious work. Outpost is a bit derpy in places, but it’s not a server killer so people put up with it. Seriously though both Citadel and Coldfront should be removed before they break somebodies computer…

• Yup Coldfront clears server pretty often. It is quite common to see ‘x has abandoned the game’ x 10 when Coldfront loads. Chitadel loses about half as many players, which is pretty indicative of a poor map for whatever reasons (PS it’s because they run like shit).

Please remove them from official rotation until they run like the vastly more complex yet smoother running Custom Map potential winners…

• ive always gotten good fps on shitadel but i think its the crashes

sometimes that map crashes a lot of people when the second objective begins

• Mod

@zombojoe:

ive always gotten good fps on shitadel but i think its the crashes

sometimes that map crashes a lot of people when the second objective begins

It’s the crashes on the second objective and the fact that it puts peoples pings up by almost an extra 100 ping. My FPS is fine on it though.

• Citadel is way too big as well.

Tbh TBS is so goddamn incompetent some modder should just go and fix & rebalance their maps. But of course, having their heads up their collective asses TBS wouldn’t include the fixed maps in the vanilla game.

Oh well. We have a new UI.

• maybe i should just make more map variants that should have been in the game for them

• I just votechangemap aocto-darkforest/stoneshill_p everytime coldfront comes in.

Official TO Darkforest 24/7 when???

• @rumpelstiltskin:

I just votechangemap aocto-darkforest/stoneshill_p everytime coldfront comes in.

This is the solution, just someone has to get off their arse and do the votemap before the leavings start to happen. There are no Torn Banner forums; the cesspit that we all fester in currently might aswell be fan forums. I’ve seen devs for different games pay more attention to Reddit than TB do to their own forums

• Mod

I tried voting in the next map in rotation which was battlegrounds. Don’t like to break the rotation. It didn’t pass. Probably because battlegrounds isn’t too loved. So I left the server, and by left I mean pressed leave game, got stuck on the loading screen and had to ctrl alt delete end task the game.

• I tried voting in the next map in rotation which was battlegrounds. Don’t like to break the rotation. It didn’t pass. Probably because battlegrounds isn’t too loved. So I left the server, and by left I mean pressed leave game, got stuck on the loading screen and had to ctrl alt delete end task the game.

when that kind of shit happens i almost get pissed off enough to leave my house

too bad im currently abroad and currently have fuck all to do, i regret every ragequit ever

• I don’t understand why everyone hates Coldfront.
    It doesn’t lag at all for me. Are you playing on laptops or something?

• @Skindiacus:

I don’t understand why everyone hates Coldfront.

Maybe you have a monster CPU, but the first stage usually strains everyone’s CPUs to 100%

• I’ve seen votes for shitadel go through whilst on coldfront. And shitadel is still bad compared to the older maps.

• Mod

@Skindiacus:

I don’t understand why everyone hates Coldfront.

My FPS on the map is fine. Other players are lagging like shit though, making their attacks choppy and hard to read. Then the server starts lagging out and spiking everyones pings up another 150 ping. The objectives are boring and involve being constantly shot by ballistas all the way to the last boring objective which is almost impossible to lose if you’re attacking. I just find nothing enjoyable about the map.

• The map looks great but my FPS drops to 20 so I haven’t been able to actually play it yet.

• the castle looks cool i guess

good job on that TBS

• @zombojoe:

the castle looks cool i guess

good job on that TBS

No it doesn’t, it looks like something made out of play-doh. Compare it to Hillsides walls and you’ll notice a major difference.

• Mod

@Xylvion:

No it doesn’t, it looks like something made out of play-doh. Compare it to Hillsides walls and you’ll notice a major difference.

This. The texture quality between coldfront and the original maps is shocking. It just looks like a concrete wall that has had brick painted on it on coldfront…