Please please please, crosshair change!

• Playing as an archer with the current crosshair is extremely awkward. Please make it so we can have a simple dot on the screen like the other classes.

If anyone knows a way to change it in the game files, please let me know. If you can’t, please put it in the game!

Also, has anyone gotten SLI/Crossfire to work yet? If so, what game profile?

• I don’t think 3rd person should have a crosshair

• I agree, the crosshair is really disturbing :s

• For a game that touts skill this element of randomness makes no sense. Relying on the dice god is not skill :? .
    I would like to remove the “Counter-Strike like” crosshair on all thrown and shot weapons.

• What i feel should be done, is have it as an option, as some players really do like the crosshair and it is very newb friendly as well. Once people are better they can choose to take it off, or not. I personally dont mind it but an option to turn it off, would make it feel more realistic, as the game does move towards :)

• You can toggle the crosshair with U (default).

• Great. But can we please have a dot as well? Realistic or not, headshotting from afar without crosshair or with the current is aids.

• @b3h47pte:

You can toggle the crosshair with U (default).

Thank you :), I did not know this during the beta. Really awesome to see you guys around the forums and reading them and taking everything to consideration. As well as helping us out.

@Xaviz, Why even bother with the dot? how much of a difference does it make compared to a crosshair, it serves the same purpose, Its an aid, smaller or bigger its the same thing.

• It’s not at all the same thing. If it was, everyone playing CS:GO would use their new flashy crosshair which is similar. There’s a reason people don’t, and it’s preferance and it makes a huge difference to certain people.

Why can’t we have both? Can’t be that much work to put in the game.

• I support the dot for ranged weapons. I dislike crosshairs in general.

• Yeah, I want the dot for archery. It was like that in earlier stages, don’t know why it can’t be like that again. The crosshair’s too awkward-looking/feeling, like the archery crosshair for Mount and Blade. Was kinda hard to judge where the arrow should hit in the middle of it.

• I miss the aiming in AOC. You had to use the tip of the arrow as your center point, then compensate for height. It required a lot of skill and practice since the target was completely covered by the arrow tip on long shots. I also miss using your hand to aim the javelins.

I hope they fix the issue where javelin kills count towards shield kills.

• ^ Yea seriously I’m not sure why they consider javelin throw kills as shield kills. That Annoyed me quite a bit actually… Especially since if I’m throwing a javelin across the map and kill someone, its a shield kill -.-

• @y2jrock60:

I miss the aiming in AOC. You had to use the tip of the arrow as your center point, then compensate for height. It required a lot of skill and practice since the target was completely covered by the arrow tip on long shots. I also miss using your hand to aim the javelins.

I hope they fix the issue where javelin kills count towards shield kills.

Yeah, AoC had it’s shit together in terms of thrown weapons and bows. Stamina and parrying too.

Fix javelin bugs already, guys. That class needs hot fixing you can’t even use X and C.

• I agree. Please get rid of the crosshair and add the dot like all the other weapons have.

• Ok, heres what you do. Go into an empty server, pick archer. Go up to a wall or something and shoot and arrow at a wall up close. After that DO NOT move your character. Go get a piece of tape or something like that and cut it in a circle and put it on your monitor where the arrow is. It’s not cheating, its giving yourself the winning advantage :).

• I actually really like the way it’s set up, headshots are easy with it, you just have to get their heads in the direct center of the triangles and it lines up, very simple… I have cross mapped other players as is, but I do agree that a dot may be better.

• Personally, I think they should just use the old-style of aiming.

• Just make it so I don’t have to turn off the damn thing after each map starts. The crosshair toggle state should be saved between matches.

• +1 more to a center dot. The lack of it leads to people using marked screens/overlays to get around it, which leads to all kinds of undetectable, unfair advantages… all over a simple thing which everyone should have access to anyways.