Weekly Ripsote 1 - Podcast

• Hey guys,

Put together a podcast that will most likely be continued called the Weekly Riposte. This discussion includes the recent patches, the upcoming balance path, low rank servers, the possibility of a Chivalry 2 and more!

https://soundcloud.com/user9205604/weekly-riposte-1 - Link to it

Would really appreciate any feedback. Podcast includes myself, Palaceer, Clocktower, soldier and our guest, Koala.

• @UnbornAssassin:

Hey guys,

Put together a podcast that will most likely be continued called the Weekly Riposte. This discussion includes the recent patches, the upcoming balance path, low rank servers, the possibility of a Chivalry 2 and more!

https://soundcloud.com/user9205604/weekly-riposte-1 - Link to it

Would really appreciate any feedback. Podcast includes myself, Palaceer, Clocktower, soldier and our guest, Koala.

Dem random joes podcast except of koala.

• Who made those weapon tiers. They’re… odd.

• Ripsote

These weapon tiers are weird. Zweihänder, fork and war axe bad?
    Meanwhile double axe and dane axe are good.

#low rank

• GOD –- Holy Water Sprinkler- Broadsword- Warbow- Greatsword- Sword of War- Messer- Halberd-

GOOD –- Dane Axe- Longsword- Light Crossbow- Norse Sword- Morningstar- Spear- Brandistock- Billhook- Double Axe- Heavy Crossbow-

AVERAGE–- Javs- Claymore- Maul- Pole Axe- Hatchet- Bardiche- Shortbow- Pole Hammer- Flanged Mace- Crossbow- Sling- Broad Dagger- Thrusting Dagger-

BAD–- Fork- Zweihander- Bearded Axe- Grand Mace- Quarterstaff- War Axe- Falchion-

HORRIBLE–- Warhammer- Flails- Hunting Knife- longbow

So here’s the weapon tiers list we used, again made by Stinker.

Of course it’s not perfect, and we often disagreed on many points as well.

• Liked it! Haven’t listened to the whole thing though, so bear with me. A theme tune, some more varied topics to discuss Chivalry as a whole and it’s community in general. Maybe some art (logo’s and stuff), other than that this was basically a podcast.

• @Unborn, wth is that siht? (the list)

• @Xylvion:

@Unborn, wth is that siht? (the list)

Stinker said he made that list off the top of his head in a couple minutes because Unborn asked him too. He had no idea it was gonna go on a podcast or that he would receive credit for it.

• i recommend you ask crushed to be your special guest for the next podcast

• @Noxin:

Stinker said he made that list off the top of his head in a couple minutes because Unborn asked him too. He had no idea it was gonna go on a podcast or that he would receive credit for it.

I didn’t ask Stinker for it, one of our guys mentioned he had it right before we started and I thought that would be a more structured way to discuss the weapon balance.

• Ah well, no harm done. I thought it was like a SRS LIST or something.

• This was a list I made in only a few minutes off the top of my head because a clan mate asked for a rough idea of which weapons needed balancing a few weeks back. I had no idea it was going to be used as a basis for a serious balance discussion, to which I say that the list is nowhere near perfect. I mean, if you guys want an actual list I can make one, but due to some miscommunication the rough one was used in the podcast when it really shouldn’t have been.

• Mod

@Stinker:

This was a list I made in only a few minutes off the top of my head because a clan mate asked for a rough idea of which weapons needed balancing a few weeks back. I had no idea it was going to be used as a basis for a serious balance discussion, to which I say that the list is nowhere near perfect. I mean, if you guys want an actual list I can make one, but due to some miscommunication the rough one was used in the podcast when it really shouldn’t have been.

I had a feeling the list had some errors. Someone accidentally put flails in the horrible section instead of the god section.

• Yea the list was in no way serious, we definitely did not use it as the be all end all, I agree the fork and Zwei can be moved up, some of that moving is gonna come naturally with the balance patch as well

• drama in the first podcast

signs of things to come!

• This is a very good thing from Mr UnbornAssassin well done indeed tbh.
    I don’t know that this podcast thingybob is but then I have never used a laptop.