Here's why MAA is OP.

• 1. you’re a bad maa and yes i saw you play
    2. 2handers knight is always more dangerous than one handers knight in good hand
    (only thing that can work one hand is hws because of the dodge latency, ping and shit.)

Options:

1. Remove the ability to queue an attack during dodge.

2. Make dodge cooldown a little longer.

3. Make dodge a bit shorter, and a bit faster to compensate.

3. go play deadliest warrior.

• Remove all dodges, only keep forward dodge, so they actually have to turn their screen in order to dodge an attack.

Just an 'old suggestion of mine.

craaazy

• When i duel a maa the right way I get bored or find im losing the stam game anyway. there are still ppl who want to do nofeint maa vs knight duels yet backdodge/backpeddle the whole time. This is also why skillz, with very little hours in melee, can wipe teams as maa in kendo, he just draws out the duel backing up and regening the whole time ezpz

The maa should have to approach. When it comes down to it i dont want to play a meta where i have to approach when i have advantage or risk losing advantage/basically resetting the duel when everyone regens. of course when you have an obj to play or a time limit it should help to nullify this, but in 1v1 it is cheese

• @Edmund:

2. 2handers knight is always more dangerous than one handers knight in good hand
    (only thing that can work one hand is hws because of the dodge latency, ping and shit.)

It is known that HWS is la meilleure anti-MAA weapon in the game because lag hakn.

• I was thinking about what would happen if TBS removed backwards dodging. Would be too restrictive though - why make major mechanics changes when you can tweak some numbers instead?

There’s one thing I didn’t include: Yeah, you can stam a MAA out like this:

M: Attack
    K: Parry
    M: Backdodge queue attack
    K: Sprint forwards, block
    M: Backdodge queue attack
    K: Sprint forwards, block

rinse repeat… but the MAA can do that 5 times, and he can switch it up at any time, including feinting that attack. The Knight has an equivalent mechanic that nullifies the advantage which is called “more HP.” However the Knight can only nullify 4 hits before he’s dead, and it’s hard to regen HP. Conversely MAA can nullify 5 hits and then take one more before dying, and stam regens fast.

• @Tyoson:

This could be interesting. No dodge, but MAA can sprint in all directions. Torn banner would have to patch flinch in release while sprinting of course though ;)

At the cost of some stamina, obviously.
    That way there would be no teleporting, but the MAA still has the ability to manage distance very well.

• I like the idea of removing dodge. TBS remove dodge please

• I was thinking about what would happen if TBS removed backwards dodging. Would be too restrictive though - why make major mechanics changes when you can tweak some numbers instead?

You don’t understand what vesanus meant, you can dodge forward in any direction, this would require more mouse control for the common noob that just backdodge obviously, it’s pretty good but not that big of a diff, i use it often just cause i like the feel :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=_nRIEqBz0BE#t=19

• I thought the post woulda been shorter and just posted the MAA movement speed value + dodge. Those 2 things alone are all that make MAA broken. Remove the dodge or make them as fast as a vanguard, easy easy fixes

• Removing dodge makes MAA absolute trash in team games.

• @Yazuak:

Removing dodge makes MAA absolute trash in team games.

They would get something in return.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

They would get something in return.

Take away dodge, and give them Dragon Slayer!

• OP you’re talking about duels. Duels aren’t balanced at all. They’re completely loadout based. MAA is fine in TO scrims.

Fix the bugs associated with MAA like DAoF and FiR and then worry about balancing the class.

• MaAs also need cool downs on opening them up for attacks after dodging. I’m all for making dodge animation faster, but it should be a defensive only tool. I think MaAs should have much slower walk/run speed as well. But make them so they can’t attack/parry/do anything after a dodge for a brief moment so they’re open to damage when they do a bad dodge, and so that they aren’t in full control of every fight simply after one dodge or constant back pedaling/sprinting away.

MaAs need to be punishable with clear queues to do so and not be in full control 24/7. They currently aren’t and are always in full control.

• I agree with OP 100%

OP is one of the best MAAs in the NA scene.

• It’s possible to keep the dodge as it is, and maybe do something with backpedal speed. I’m not entirely sure if nerfing the backpedal will affect the other directional movement (it seems like it might make movement feel lopsided), but, unlike the other solutions, nerfing backpedal speed doesnt really have the potential to nerf MAA in Team Objective, yet still nerfs it in duels.

• @Kreittis:

Dodge is realistic, balanced, polished and fun for both the user and the opponent.

This couldn’t be more false.

• @SOC:

Dodge is totes balanced

• Remove dodge, lower speed, give them more armor and call them Knights. Only way people will stop complain every time they get rekt by MaA’s

• @SOC:

I was under impression that it was common knowledge that lightly armored warriors were able to teleport short distances in medieval times?

It is also balanced because MAA can never stumble when using dodge.

It is also polished because one of the better MAAs in EU is from Poland.

And it is fun for both user and the opponent because everyone loves tag!