Thread to discuss balance patch <–- Here

• I believe DokB already made a thread but he listed a bunch of stuff that he personally would like to see changed. I’m just going to make this thread, not kicking it off with any personal input or ideas on balance of my own, and let the discussions begin. Civilized words and respect to others please, no trolling. I also made it due to the TBS devs wanting us to discuss balance in a seperate thread instead of throwing random things out there in the current patch thread.

Lets start with simple stuff first maybe like weapon stats, instead of major overhauls of mechanics.

Lets give feedback to what we want to see done first and foremost in the upcoming patch.

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• Mehh as if any of this would help. TBS already showed how much they care about the community’s input with the hilarious smokescreen that was the balance council.

• **Archer:
    **Damage nerf to every weapon, especially the javelins.
    Remove the flinch during release and during a parry, but to not overnerf it give the archers the possibility to flinch charges (thoughts?).
    NEW damage types for projectiles.
    Bows: Archer projectiles needs their own damage type, that way the difference between broadhead and bodkin could be different. For example Longbow bodkin could be stronger against Vanguards and Knights than Warbow Broadheads. This would probably balance out the bows making them all viable. Bows unlike crossbows are harder to hit with so the multipliers should probably stay the same.
    Crossbows: Bolts are way to easy to hit and deal a heapload of damage. There’s barely any drop either so using this weapon is really easy and gets you really fast kills. I’d say reward headshots more, but lower the overall damage. So back to the 2x headshot multiplier but lower the basedamage, perhaps even lower the legdamage to 50% instead of 65%. If the damage nerf is considered too much I suggest an increase in loadtime by 0.5 seconds for each crossbow.
    Javelins: Deals lots of damage, fast reload, melee capabilities, shield, too much damage during melee. Need I say more? they’re overpowered. Unless you got a shield a javelineer will easily take you down in no time. If you manage to get close and the personb ehind the jav is a decent player it will either take forever to getpast his shield or else he’s able to get you instead because of the high damage of the fast stabs. I suggest lower damage in melee. For the projectile part I’d suggest being forced to secondary after a throw and not able to change back to javs during a set amount of time, for example say 3-4-5 seconds, depending on the type of javelin.
    Slings: The pebble outclasses lead in every way, the lead deals a lot more damage while max loaded, but is even worse than pebbles if it’s just loaded. Lead is not worth it for the moment, bring up the lowest damage possible of it to 35 from 25 so it deals 5 more damage than pebbles as a minimum.

Random weapons:
    Greatsword: Everyones alltime favourite. I’d suggest shorter release on the stab, making it less dragable. Also slightly longer windup for the overhead, perhaps 0.25-0.5 seconds. With this I think it would be fine.
    Bearded Axe: For the moment being it’s more or less useless, if you take a look at wolfys mod you’ll see a bearded axe that is actually useful.
    Brandistock: The slash is way too fast, slow it down or lower its damage. The “overheads” release goes on for quite the long time as well, I’d suggest 0.25 seconds shorter for it. (Also all spears need some replacement for CftP).
    Broadsword: Outclasses the other swords in most ways and the other one handers at that. Do something about it.
    HWS: slightly longer stab windup.
    Zweihänder: At the moment you can’t combo reliably with it without being interrupted, slightly shorter combo timers are needed.
    Falchion: Slightly larger model, higher damage on overhead and slash and it’d be perfect.
    Messer: Slash and overhead damage should be changed, having the slash as the strongest attack is silly.
    Shields: Fix the damn speed already, they’re too fast.

Other random stuff:
    Dodge: Add an animation for it, like the ninjaroll.
    Charge: can be started half a second before a person is hit, causeing the person who hit the vanguard to get hit by a charge jsut slightly after which is silly. I’d rather remove it all thinking about all the problems it caused. Or just change it to a stab for the swords and not a silly slash.

• 0.9s flinch or weapon based
    • flinch in release fix
    • less stam drain for parrying with a 2h weapon (shields and maa are ‘balanced’ by stamina)
    • longsword to be able to 2 hit Vanguards again
    • remove archers and firepots

• Buff longsword please.

• why not just ask me instead :eagerness:

• less stam drain for parrying with a 2h weapon (shields and maa are ‘balanced’ by stamina)

It doesn’t change a shit about fighting maa if you think more than 2 min “hurrrhurr the biggest difficulty vs maa is their huge stamina drain weapon”

Tsss boring thread just let tbs do the balance if they still don’t know what to do they are stupid.

• @CRUSHED:

why not just ask me instead :eagerness:

Buff MaA and archer plx

• @Xylvion:

Brandistock: The slash is way too fast, slow it down or lower its damage. The “overheads” release goes on for quite the long time as well, I’d suggest 0.25 seconds shorter for it. (Also all spears need some replacement for CftP).

To add to this the brandistock overhead to the head should not do 95 damage to vanguards. No Vanguard weapon should be able to 1 hit + kick another vanguard to death.

Dodge: Add an animation for it, like the ninjaroll.

I’ve talked to a lot of people about dodging and many people agree that it would be better if MAA had faster walk/run speeds and no dodge at all.

Charge: can be started half a second before a person is hit, causeing the person who hit the vanguard to get hit by a charge jsut slightly after which is silly. I’d rather remove it all thinking about all the problems it caused. Or just change it to a stab for the swords and not a silly slash.

As many have stated on the forums it would be nice if all the vanguard weapon charges did a dash with an overhead/ or actual stab attack. The problem with the sword charge is it’s insanely good dragability+range+damage. The problem with the pole arm/spear charges is its insanely bad range. When you lunge stab not only can someone duck it but also you hold the weapon normally making the weapon have barely any range in front. Why would a pole arm user force themselves to land where they’ll face hugging a knight, giving the knight an advantage? If they keep the stab lunge they need to make the weapons actually held similarly to the actual stabs.

• Nerf MaAs and archers, buff longsword to 3 shot knights with 3 overheads to torso, make claymore slower but stronger. Decide what to do with greatsword, messer, broad sword, and HWS after these things settle in for awhile.

• Don’t forget smoke pots.

• @Rickvs:

Don’t forget smoke pots.

Whats up with smoke pots?

• @rumpelstiltskin:

Whats up with smoke pots?

They’re not awesome.

In other words, increase radius, duration, or carryable amount.

• @Edmund:

It doesn’t change a shit about fighting maa if you think more than 2 min “hurrrhurr the biggest difficulty vs maa is their huge stamina drain weapon”

Was not intended to nerf maa, m8. You so smart.

• This post is deleted!

• GAMEPLAY:

-Increased 2h flinch time from 0.8 > 0.9 (MAUL & ZWEIHANDER have flinch time of 1.0)
    -Removed Sprint Lockout
    -Reduced stamina cost of parries
    -Decreased the feint window on stabs globally by 75ms
    -Removed Flinch in Release

BUG FIXES:

-Fixed Dodge Attack Out of Flinch (MAA can no longer dodge out of flinch and immediately attack afterwards)
    -Removed/fixed Flinch in Release (It is now impossible to be flinched during your release)

CLASSES:

KNIGHT: -Unchanged

VANGUARD: -Decreased knockback by all primary weapons (Greatsword, Halberd, etc.)

MAN-AT-ARMS: -Fixed DAoF and removed FiR. While not class specific, the removal of these two things should bring the class more in line with the others.

ARCHER: -Drawing bows and reloading crossbows now costs stamina (varies weapon to weapon)

WEAPONS:

MESSER: -Increased overhead windup from 0.55 > 0.6
    -Increased slash windup from 0.525 > 0.575

GREATSWORD: -Increased overhead windup from 0.5 > 0.55
    -Decreased stab release from 0.45 > 0.40

HOLY WATER SPRINKLER: -Increased stab windup from 0.35 > 0.375

BEARDED AXE: -Decreased overhead windup from 0.55 > 0.50

BRANDISTOCK: -Decreased damage on slash from 50 > 40

FALCHION: -Increased damage on slash from 65 > 70
    -Increased damage on overhead from 75 > 80

ZWEIHANDER: -Increased flinch time from 0.8 > 1.0

MAUL: -Increased flinch time from 0.8 > 1.0

WARHAMMER: -Decreased overhead windup from 0.45 > 0.40
    -Decreased slash windup from 0.45 > 0.40
    -Decreased stab windup from 0.45 > 0.375

• Give knights a resistance to projectiles slow down Greatsword and Messer look down OH speed, and slow down Brandi LMB speed. Also fix MAA please :(

• Just please do not try changing too much at once. Even if the beta players approve, the rest of the community may not. Don’t forget July 2013.