Will you improve the stutterish animations in online play

• Hi Tornbanner,

I’d like to know if you will change something that prevents people to do a 360° turn with only 2 frames of animation. Server tickrates, netcode…anything!!!
    I really like the game but the un-smoothness in online play really destroys the fun.

BR
    Hurricane

• This is in my opinion the main reason we need a sequel running in another engine. Character refreshment needs to be as smooth as in other games like CS.

• 2 frames of animation is a massive exaggeration. If you’re paying attention you can always see them turn before they hit you.

• I doubt they can fix it without starting from scratch on a lot of stuff.

I think the game would benefit from a better netcode and much smoother animation though.

• of course I exaggeration, but it’s so stutterish that I sometimes get eye problems (like feeling dizzy) if I try to follow the enemies movement.

@Tornbanner
    2nd question:
    Will there be a Chivalry MW 2?

• @HurricaneX78:

of course I exaggeration, but it’s so stutterish that I sometimes get eye problems (like feeling dizzy) if I try to follow the enemies movement.

You’re the only person I’ve ever heard complain about dizziness trying to track player movement. If it actually causes you pain/dizziness, maybe fast paced FPS games aren’t for you.

• @HurricaneX78:

of course I exaggeration, but it’s so stutterish that I sometimes get eye problems (like feeling dizzy) if I try to follow the enemies movement.

@Tornbanner
    2nd question:
    Will there be a Chivalry MW 2?

lol gl with that question

there are a lot of indicators of TBS working on either a new sequel or another title atm though:

-hiring a new UI artist
    -doing a UI overhaul no one asked for, likely to:
    -appear more professional
    -get their new UI artist up to speed on TBS’s dev cycle and give him practice
    -a fairly simple UI patch taking 3 months of development when most of the assets were done in a few weeks
    -indicates that the main force is busy working on something else and only a few people are doing work with Chiv
    -hiring a level designer with experience in UE4 (hint, Chivalry is in UE3)
    -2 incredibly bad new custom maps that took a lot of time to develop, again indicating main force is working elsewhere-were likely created so that more people would feel like buying the barb DLCs instead of flinging poo at TBS

-milking shitty DLC to fund continued development of the new title
    -cleaning up their official forums with heavy-handed moderation, again to likely appear more professional
    -almost completely ceased communication which I doubt is because of company policies, they are just busy working elsewhere

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• playing at 60hz in this game is like trying to catch a fish with your feet.

get 120hz monitor to play chiv.

you must make a serious investment to play this game lol

• This post is deleted!

• Mod

This post is deleted!

• No point in a 120hz monitor unless you can get consistent fps at or above 120.

• @guitarxe:

No point in a 120hz monitor unless you can get consistent fps at or above 120.

You’re wrong, you can still see a big difference with lower fps

• Undoubtedly. A game running at a stable fps that is higher than 60, on a 120hz refresh rate screen, is going to appear smoother than one running at 60fps. A game running at wildly varying levels of fps between 60 and 120+ fps, on a screen that refreshes at 120hz? It’ll look no better than a game with a wildly varying fps between 60fps and lower on a 60hz refresh rate screen.

• @guitarxe:

No point in a 120hz monitor unless you can get consistent fps at or above 120.

yeah that’s not true at all, even playing at 90FPS is a huge step up from 60. I forgot to turn vsync off the other day while streaming and as soon as i started playing i was like damn this shit is choppy and weird looking and my mouse movement is choppy and laggy.

then i hit stat fps and was like “oh, my fps isn’t uncapped”

changed it over and was good to go again.

even at a solid 60-62fps, terrible gameplay wise, looks and plays like garbage for real.