Chivalry: Medieval Warfare 2 Wishlist

• With Chivalry: Medieval Warfare still being full of bugs, exploits, some stupid and some broken mechanics and imbalances even after two years with no sign of the game getting any better (Although I am hopeful for the balance patch, I wouldn’t get your hopes up for it folks, given the studios history of updates it is inevitable they will make the game worse in some way) I thought why not make a thread looking towards the future. Since if the studio aren’t already working on a sequel then……then jesus fucking christ I don’t even know how I would respond to that…

List your wish list for Chivalry: Medieval Warfare 2 and maybe father shitmas will be nice to us this year.

What engine you want the game to run on, how you want the game to be structured, maybe a different class system with new weapons. Whatever. Go wild.

• Cryengine.
    Classless loadout system.
    More detailed customization/recolouring for armor and clothes, + custom faces/hair.
    Multiple mod support / metamod loader.

• @dudeface:

Cryengine.

Why Cryengine of all things? Cryengine shines on large open enviroments and Chiv is more about tight engagements.

• I don’t want CMW2 to happen at all, gonna be another big disappointment like every content and patches we got so far.

This game isn’t bad because of the engine boundaries.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

I don’t want CMW2 to happen at all, gonna be another big disappointment like every content and patches we got so far.

This game isn’t bad because of the engine boundaries.

Harsh. . . But True.

• Mod

I’d steer clear from Chivalry 2. Not on my wishlist at all. Torn Banner would have to do something miraculous for me to ever back them again unfortunately.

• Mounted combat seems like a must in any sequel. But there’s other games coming with that soon.

• Crytek is dying anyway.

• Agreed with Tyoson. Chivalry 2 sounds promising but if it’s still a Torn Banner product, then why bother?

• Don’t want Chiv 2. Want a better Chiv.

• Either make it more arena-style like Jedi Knight or more like Battlefield/Battlefront/Movie Battles II with a good class-system. What we currently have are four classes that all are supposed to be equally good for everything.

• Main thing I want from chiv 2 is a focus on comp play. Ready up feature, wider coverage of scrims, tournaments, perhaps a leaderboard incorporated in the game, etc.

On a side note, you guys sound incredibly negative, sure the game has its faults but most of you that have posted have 1k+ hours and still play. It can’t be that terrible.

• @gndo:

Main thing I want from chiv 2 is a focus on comp play. Ready up feature, wider coverage of scrims, tournaments, perhaps a leaderboard incorporated in the game, etc.

On a side note, you guys sound incredibly negative, sure the game has its faults but most of you that have posted have 1k+ hours and still play. It can’t be that terrible.

Only reason why I shit talk this game so much is because I love it. It is my favorite game and it is so disappointing to have it in the hands of such an incompetent development team when just a few small changes could make the game so much fucking better.

• new developers

• @OBI-WAN:

Only reason why I shit talk this game so much is because I love it. It is my favorite game and it is so disappointing to have it in the hands of such an incompetent development team when just a few small changes could make the game so much fucking better.

Nailed it on the fucking head for a lot of forum posters I think.

• Alt stabs that include pommel bashes, punches, and shield jabs. How satisfying would it be to finish off an MAA with a quick punch to the skull?

• @gndo:

Word.

Chivalry has a pretty ground breaking combat system and set of mechanics, a sequel will be more polished. Also it will have more competition in the genre so will have to be less buggy if it wants any success at all. You’re not kidding anyone anyway, you’ll all play it.

Bring on chiv 2.

• Mod

I would like to revoke my previous statement. Bring on Chiv 2.

• @wildwulfy:

new developers

Word. /10chars

• @Tyoson:

I would like to revoke my previous statement. Bring on Chiv 2.

You are easy to please.