BETA - Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Patch 29 (Balance Patch)

• ‘BETA 1’

This is a balance patch to increase enjoyment in both the Competitive level of play and the Casual level of play. We decided to make a patch that doesn’t drastically change every aspect of combat and see what the effects are with a chance for iteration. Please only Leave Constructive feedback, this is for your benefit.

• General Balances (Affects all Classes)

• Flinch time increased from 0.8 to 0.9

• All minimum windup speed increased to 0.4

Archer Balances - The Archer class has been slightly reworked **

• Archers no longer have an added backstab damage bonus when attacking from behind

• Bolts, Arrows and Stones no longer flinch players. Instead they will remove the sprint state from players hit

New

• Introducing the New Mason Marauder and Agatha Arbiter Vanguard Skins

• Each skin come with a new helmet
      Changes

• Tournament mode added

• Set bTournamentMode=true in _Game.ini under AOC.AOCGame
      • or, start the server with ?tournament on the URL
      • or, “admintournamentmode” console command to restart current map in or out of tournament mode
      • Follow the in-game instructions
    • Tournament mode does:

• Enable ready-up
      • disable team damage spawn penalty
      • disable ping kick
      • disable auto-balance
    • Auto balance now selects from a threshold of the 1/5th most recently joined players on death

Fixes

• Removed first person fire particles

• Fixed sprinting players being flinched in release stage

• Fixed ripostes after a kicking only dealing kick damage

• Returned Catapult projectile cam

• Knights can now wield all shield types with the flail

• Firepots no longer flinch targets hit

• Loadout can no longer be changed on the fly in specified location in the Arena FFA map

• Friendly fire penalty is now a server side option. (Default On)

• Fixed “Fire Nemesis”, “Fire Starter”, “Sands of Time” achievement (Removed “Just a Flesh wound”)

• Fixed Javelin always appearing in archer’s back

• Fixed Score failing to update when players join matches in progress

• Fixed floating weapons in Arena

• Ammo box Icons now appear on Mason team

• Becoming king no longer counts as a death

• Selecting random in class select now randomizes your weapon loadout as well

• Coldfront Optimizations (Visual blockers and reduced npc time in each area)

• Added Platform to Catapult to prevent sinking into the Landscape on exit on Coldfront.

• Coldfront Balance (Increased Respawn time from 300 to 600 seconds on Siege Weapons.)

• Coldfront Balance (Increased Health on Drawbridge in Coldfront from 20000 to 30000)

‘BETA 2’

• General Balances Changes

• Flinch time for 1 handed weapons reduced back to 0.8 from 0.9

• Blocking through flinches can now be performed

General Changes

• Tournament mode now enables admin pausing

‘BETA 3’

General Changes

• Tournament mode instructions should show in most cases where player chose not to spawn now
    • Tournament mode message should also be resistant to spawning before HUD is init’d
    • Tournament mode messages now show in Chat
    • Fixed team name override for tournament mode to properly changed names for both factions

• This post is deleted!

• All minimum windup speed increased to 0.4?

Hatchet has attacks that are still under 0.4 seconds, not sure if I understand what this is suppose to be.

• This post is deleted!

• Something like a tournament mode was about time. Seems great so far

• Please remember to follow the forum rules before posting. Do not go off topic, all unconstructive posts will be removed.

• @wildwulfy:

All minimum windup speed increased to 0.4?

Hatchet has attacks that are still under 0.4 seconds, not sure if I understand what this is suppose to be.

Increase windup speed below 0.4 to 0.4. For example HWS stab windup was 0.35 and now it’s gonna be 0.4

17:48 - elwebbaro: the weapons affected are: Short Spear, Javs, Heavy Javs, Broad Dagger, Hunting Knife, Thrusting Dagger, Norse, Flanged Mace, HWS, Hatchet, War Axe, Dane Axe,

• looks nice and all. at least now heavy javs can’t 1hit vanguards with a stab.

• No servers up? Or just me?

• @Chimpanzer:

No servers up?

That’s correct.

• Servers are up for some reason not showing up Here is a couple for now

open steam.90091462985986053 (FFA)

open steam.90091462985221123 (Classic Duel Moor)

• This post is deleted!

• Mod

This post is deleted!

• Mod

• Selecting random in class select now randomizes your weapon loadout as well

Also nice :)

Was hoping for more weapon specific balancing, but hopefully that will come later. (Greatsword pls)

A bit saddened that my sling will no longer flinch people, but sacrifices must be made.

• Yessss. Thank you torn banner. this looks like a good start although i worry about the 0.4 minimum windup for some weps, like the flanged mace. that thing was already pretty useless/nobody used it.

Firepot not flinching anymore, thank god

FiR gone, yess.

archers not flinching anymore, woot.

i believe i have experience that bug before where a riposte after getting kicked only does kick damage, glad to see its being fixed.

Is this a thread where we are allowed to discuss what we think should be done in the balance patch, or is it to discuss what has already been done so far (whats been done so far is pretty good)? As in should we keep talking about it in my and DokB’s thread and just give feedback about the current changes here, or just move the convo’s to this thread?

• archer and fire-pots not flinching from range sounds amazing. I still think they need a ranged damage nerf aswell, but I like that tbs isnt doing everything at once.

Going to see if my pc can handle coldfront’s beautiful snow now

• @Psyfon:

Is this a thread where we are allowed to discuss what we think should be done in the balance patch, or is it to discuss what has already been done so far (whats been done so far is pretty good)? As in should we keep talking about it in my and DokB’s thread and just give feedback about the current changes here, or just move the convo’s to this thread?

For now lets stick to issues with the current version

• @DaGGyzo:

For now lets stick to issues with the current version

Okay, good idea. For now if you wan’t to discuss ways in which to nerf maa, greatsword, brandi, messer, w/e etc (not covered in the current iteration of this balance patch), you can do it in these two threads

http://forums.tornbanner.com/showthread.php/21127-Balance-Patch-%E2%80%93-Some-food-for-thought

http://forums.tornbanner.com/showthread.php/21323-Thread-to-discuss-balance-patch-lt-Here

lets give feedback on what has already been changed so far here.

• I’d post one of those happy crying gifs but I’d probably get banned, so

Anyway so far this is liek a dream come true. I think daggers will be fine with this nerf, but we’ll see of course. The thing is with <0.4 windup times lots of weapons can be a pain to work with when you’ve got high ping, this is the kind of change that won’t really change comp much, but means that casual players will have better experience when these weapons won’t have 2-frame windups for them.

@DaGGyzo:

We decided to make a patch that doesn’t drastically change every aspect of combat and see what the effects are with a chance for iteration.

Also I fucking love this, please keep the approach up and please be ready to revert any changes if they do not fit after all, since testing in beta is very very different from the actual game.

• This post is deleted!