Should water cancel out fire caused by oil pots?

• I doubt it’s an ideal gameplay element now that firepot-blindness and flinch will be removed (finally).

What about DarkForest? Will the rain cancel out the fire effect? Will the entire lower floor of the cistern objective make firepots useless? Because if the fire doesn’t go out with the low water in Cistern but does go out in, for example, the river in Ruins, you’re only making it unnecessarily confusing.

• Stop-drop-and roll would be more practical than making water put out fire from oil pots. Not every level has an available water source unless you want people to lug buckets of water around.

Also, oil fires are notoriously not easy to put out. Even in water where it just thins and spreads the oil out which can still burn even in water. By medieval standards this stuff isn’t the clean stuff you put in your car. It’s class 1 crude oil, more akin to tar than a fluid.

• @Nexussfire:

Stop-drop-and roll would be more practical than making water put out fire from oil pots. Not every level has an available water source unless you want people to lug buckets of water around.

Also, oil fires are notoriously not easy to put out. Even in water where it just thins and spreads the oil out which can still burn even in water. By medieval standards this stuff isn’t the clean stuff you put in your car. It’s class 1 crude oil, more akin to tar than a fluid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3F4c5o4J7M

Can confirm. Water for oil fires is not good.

• New unlock, Co2 fire extinguishers for oil based fires.

• @DokB:

New unlock, Co2 fire extinguishers for oil based fires.

New knight option: Shield, throwing axe or Fire extinguisher.

• @ChuckingIt:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3F4c5o4J7M

Can confirm. Water for oil fires is not good.

Therefore we should buff firepot damage if target is in the water.

Come on guys, realism is no good.

• This post is deleted!

• I really like the idea of smokes snuffing out fire.

• smokes snuffing fire seems like it would be completely useless, if you get hit by the fire area directly… you’re going to burn anyhow. ANd if it’s on the ground and you DONT get hit by it… is someone really going to throw a smoke instead of just waiting 3 seconds?

also, what about the rain on darkforest lol, would that kill the fire?

idk, i vote no until i can think of a reason why it should.

• @50ShadesofClay:

smokes snuffing fire seems like it would be completely useless, if you get hit by the fire area directly… you’re going to burn anyhow. ANd if it’s on the ground and you DONT get hit by it… is someone really going to throw a smoke instead of just waiting 3 seconds?

Which part of smoke snuffing out fire didn’t you get? If you’re hit by it and then enter smoke, fire stops. Also, vanguard sees MaA pull out firepot = vanguard pulls out smokepot.

• Firepot flames do get removed by water. If you have ever played stonehill while on fire and ran into the river it will cancel out the damage over time firepots usually do. Oils hurts instantly and as such doesn’t really help. The water in the darkforest aqueduct. however, will not put fires out, probably because the water is only ankle high.

Making smoke pots extinguish fire pots like in counterstrike would be an interesting idea. It would add more complexity to the game and make smokepots more worthwhile than just archer obstructions.

• @50ShadesofClay:

smokes snuffing fire seems like it would be completely useless, if you get hit by the fire area directly… you’re going to burn anyhow. ANd if it’s on the ground and you DONT get hit by it… is someone really going to throw a smoke instead of just waiting 3 seconds?

Say you are on the ram on stoneshill, now you can smoke the area out and be immune to firepots, therefor adding some team play. Or to protect the king from firepots you can smoke screen him. Examples like that. The strategy can be real with smoke negating firepots(also makes Vg a little more valuable).

• @ChuckingIt:

Say you are on the ram on stoneshill, now you can smoke the area out and be immune to firepots, therefor adding some team play. Or to protect the king from firepots you can smoke screen him. Examples like that. The strategy can be real with smoke negating firepots(also makes Vg a little more valuable).

ah sorry guys i guess i misunderstood. I guess that could be cool. For the ram on stoneshill, what about the oil?

I actually like smokepots and don’t think they’re useless at all. It’s surprising how much you can push with them. I’d like the duration or spread to be a little wider though and that might be enough instead of doing the fire thing. but now that i understand what you guys mean… it’s not terrible.

• @Albatross8:

Firepot flames do get removed by water.

wut? can anyone confirm this? I’ve been burned in the battlegrounds water tons of times and i’ve never seen it stop burning from me being in water.

• @50ShadesofClay:

wut? can anyone confirm this? I’ve been burned in the battlegrounds water tons of times and i’ve never seen it stop burning from me being in water.

it’s not true, nothing cancels fire except if the timer for it runs out.

• @50ShadesofClay:

http://youtu.be/z-Rd9So0z3Q
    Confirmed. Though some of the fire animations remain, health does not drop.

Although firepots thrown into water will still burn you if standing in both the water+firepot at the same time.

• @AmishInsurgent:

http://youtu.be/z-Rd9So0z3Q
    Confirmed. Though some of the fire animations remain, health does not drop.

Although firepots thrown into water will still burn you if standing in both the water+firepot at the same time.

how about a comparison of just hitting yourself with it and running out of it WITHOUT running into the water… that’s the true confirmation. Have to cover both to confirm.

• Realistically burning oil will still burn something even though its completely submersed in water. And will essentially cause a large explosion as all the water around rapidly evaporates further burning the victim.

Jumping in water pretty much makes it worse.

• water is supposed to extinguish fires according to the editor

• @50ShadesofClay:

how about a comparison of just hitting yourself with it and running out of it WITHOUT running into the water… that’s the true confirmation. Have to cover both to confirm.

I tested that too and a few other scenarios, just didnt want to upload 5+ videos. It’s the water.