How to use the new Chivalry Tournament Mode

• Developer

1. Set bTournamentMode=true in _Game.ini (PCServer-UDKGame.ini for dedicated servers hosted using the Dedicated Server files, otherwise UDKGame.ini) under [AOC.AOCGame], or start the server with ?tournament on the URL, OR use AdminTournamentMode console command
    2. Follow the in-game instructions for readying-up or changing team name
    3. There’s also TournamentTeamReadyThreshold in _Game.ini for setting how many players must be ready before the game starts (per team). This starts at 1.0 (i.e. 100%)

Tournament mode will:

• enable ready-up
    • disable team damage spawn penalty
    • disable ping kick
    • disable autobalance

• Any plans on 50% rule maybe?

EDIT: Assuming you are unfamiliar with it, it’s a very common practice in the competitive scene that a team must not have more than 50% of one class in their team, so in a team of 5 men you can only have e.g. 2 knights. If the class was automatically disabled after 2 people (in this instance) have taken it, class selection would be easier. Maybe it’s not necessary as ready-up lets you discuss the classes anyway, though.

• please make it enable pause if it’s not enabled from config

50% rule isn’t needed tbh it’s easy enough to see if the other team has too many of one class and it doesn’t apply in every situation (in a kendo duel for example)
    also it would make it harder to change your class on the fly
    i.e. your team has 2 vanguards 1 archer 2 knights
    you’re a vg and want to change to knight, you would need to wait for your teammate to change to MAA and respawn and then you can finally change to knight and your teammate to vanguard

• changing team name

This is interesting, so you could change Mason/Agatha to your clan name?

Also if you could add objective progress (even if it’s only for tournament mode) that would be awesome, in competitive the winner is decided by who gets furthest the fastest, so if both teams get stopped on a cart objective it can be tough to know who actually got it farther.

It’d be cool if once you ready up it adds a little checkmark or something next to your name on the scoreboard showing who’s readied up and who isn’t (like in SOCOM).

• Now all we need is is a demo feature, first person spectator and a good spectator ui

• Developer

@Kim:

This is interesting, so you could change Mason/Agatha to your clan name?

Yep.

@Kim:

It’d be cool if once you ready up it adds a little checkmark or something next to your name on the scoreboard showing who’s readied up and who isn’t (like in SOCOM).

It does that (well, “[ready]” and “[NOT ready]” appended to your name, because checkmarks would require work)

• @afiNity:

Now all we need is is a demo feature, first person spectator and a good spectator ui

Seriously, TB this is a massive step in the right direction but more still needs to be done. You really should talk about the competitive scene on the main menu like CS:GO, Dota 2 and other competitive games do. I’m sure pub players would be really interested in seeing what top-level play looks like and it could be a good way to generate revenue.

• @CrustaceanSoup:

Yep.

It does that (well, “[ready]” and “[NOT ready]” appended to your name, because checkmarks would require work)

Damn, nice work then. Can’t wait to try it out in tournaments and scrims.

• can we get a tournament mode HUD as well that displays the class/weapon/hp/stamina of each player?

and relevant objective info?

• this is amazing, nice work :D

Yeah i dont think replay system can be done, afaik the UDK demo recording is broken on fundamental level i think, not sure though

• will it have disable third person
    and what about a ref pause match feature ( stop clock even)
    Its long over due a mode like this.

• question, i want to run the tournament mode on my server mostly for the ready up system so that teams start together. It’s a pub but still.

Can i still have autobalance though?

• Developer

@50ShadesofClay:

question, i want to run the tournament mode on my server mostly for the ready up system so that teams start together. It’s a pub but still.

Can i still have autobalance though?

Not with what’s in this patch.

@loin:

will it have disable third person
    and what about a ref pause match feature ( stop clock even)
    Its long over due a mode like this.

It automatically enables admin pausing. Servers with admin pausing on can be paused by any admin using the pause console command. No, it doesn’t have disable third-person; right now, you need to do that in the server config file ahead of time.

• We just tried this mode and it works pretty well! This was badly needed I guess.

I still have some questions though.

• If the match has already started (i.e., all players -at one point- typed !ready), anybody joining later can still play even if they are not ready.
      I think the server should pause or go into ‘warm-up’ mode until everyone is ready, no matter if it’s at the start of the game or not. Another command/flag should allow admins to permit this kind of leniency or not.

• Players can’t go into [NOT READY] mode.

• Sometimes players will type in !ready, repeatedly yet the scoreboard might show them as not ready.

• If you started it through console, you can disable it through the “AdminTournamentMode 0” command.