.9 Flinch time is broken

• So the .9 flinch breaks combat, with one glaring example being the dagger. It is impossible to block if you are hit by the first attack, since it combos so fast. Here is a video for demonstration. It also makes weapons like the HWS, Ungodly fast and with certain circumstances, you can’t block the second hit of a combo.

.9 flinch needs to go for one handers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ehzp…ature=youtu.be

More testing to come!

• 0.8 for 1h
    0.9 for 2h
    pls torn banner

• Norse Sword has a 2 hit unblockable combo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnAjvU40Q4E&feature=youtu.be

• Claymore has an unblockable combo as well!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZbaGX-MG_Q&feature=youtu.be

• Just as I was about to think we had a perfect patch for once.

Oh well, good thing this is a beta! :D

• Appears to be that the bug is that you can’t parry while flinched, in live build you can. Someone should go to live and test if the flinch timings are same with the attacks.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

0.8 for 1h
    0.9 for 2h
    pls torn banner

Wasn’t 1h flinch .6 before this beta? Why would we buff it to .8? 0.6 was fine.

Edit: Also, what Monsteri said.^

• Wait they made it 0.9 for 1 handers to???

No one asked for that lol. Just two hand.

• @Ranulf:

Wasn’t 1h flinch .6 before this beta? Why would we buff it to .8? 0.6 was fine.

Edit: Also, what Monsteri said.^

1h flinch is 0.8 right now

• Not a result of the flinch time, it’s simply a new bug that needs a hotfix for the beta asap.

• what the absolute?. . . what? you can combo faster than 0.8 with all one handers, even the slowass MS and warhammer.

• DaGGyzo just confirmed that this was an intended feature in the beta patch thread. Hopefully if enough people speak up we can get them to put blocking while flinched back into the beta so we really get a chance to test .9 flinch.

@DaGGyzo:

Currently in the beta the flinch time of .9 is applied to both 1 and 2handed weapons. Like we said, this is an iterative patch and it will be reviewed.

Being unable to block out of flinch is intended in this beta patch

• @Dog:

DaGGyzo just confirmed that this was an intended feature in the beta patch thread. Hopefully if enough people speak up we can get them to put blocking while flinched back into the beta so we really get a chance to test .9 flinch.

well, i think we can all agree than unblockable combo’s is a problem, lol.

• @50ShadesofClay:

well, i think we can all agree than unblockable combo’s is a problem, lol.

Seems fine to me. Good work TB let’s ship it out with a couple extra helmets and call it a day.

• 1H deserve a solid .7 2 handers a .9 with this claymore vid Im positive he could block the second attack if he incorporated footwork and angled off to the side. If anything gives claymore a reason to be used over greatsword.

• @Dog:

DaGGyzo just confirmed that this was an intended feature in the beta patch thread. Hopefully if enough people speak up we can get them to put blocking while flinched back into the beta so we really get a chance to test .9 flinch.

Absolutely crazy, why bother even testing this? It’s a game breaker. Don’t know what TB were thinking.

• @gndo:

Absolutely crazy, why bother even testing this? It’s a game breaker. Don’t know what TB were thinking.

Pretty much this.

• @Huggles:

1H deserve a solid .7 2 handers a .9 with this claymore vid Im positive he could block the second attack if he incorporated footwork and angled off to the side. If anything gives claymore a reason to be used over greatsword.

This has nothing to do with footwork the point is that they added a mechanic that gives away free hits. I don’t see how anyone who could support not being able to block while flinched.

• @Huggles:

1H deserve a solid .7 2 handers a .9 with this claymore vid Im positive he could block the second attack if he incorporated footwork and angled off to the side. If anything gives claymore a reason to be used over greatsword.

i’m not sure what the 1h flinch is now currently in live build but i’m under the opinion that it’s a bit too low. In order to keep initiative you HAVE to combo. The windup times could potentially help with this. For example, if you’re in live game and say you’re going in 1 hander and you just do a single strike, well with the current spam attack meta that actually WORKS! if you only do a single strike, even 2 handers like messer can get off a strike to at least hit trade if not flinch you before you can get an attack off again, which seems silly to me. The person that hits the other should still have initiative if quick enough decisions are made. Of course if you wait around then you lose it.

I think though i’ll have to test this statement in the beta though because the added windup on the weapons could help a lot with the hit trade meta and 1H flinch time. The 2H flnich time absolutely needs to be at least .9, i’m so over .8 flinch meta.

• 1h flinch is 0.8 in live claydoh