Warbawz Server Hosting

• I scan the forums very regularly but just never really decided to post anything. When I bought a server from Warbawz they asked me to put out the good word if I was pleased with my server. Well, I am pleased with my server and this seemed like a good place to post my thoughts and feelings on them.

• Thank you all for the reviews and we are glad you are enjoying your servers!

Due to the amount of buyers we have configured our prices a bit. Instead of starting at $0.80 a slot it is now down to $0.70 a slot. This should make it a little easier on gamers on a tighter budget.

Thank you all again for choosing Warbawz Server Hosting!

• Seems a bit too cheap to me. Not for nothing, but the only way youre going to make money, or even break even is to overload a box. I run 4 servers on my dedicated box, and know the servers tend to eat up CPU cores and lag a bit. If it wasnt for the fact i have a VERY beefy setup, it would probably suck for me.

Again, the cheap price just seems a bit low for me. Saving money is a good thing, however you get what you pay for.

• Hi TacTicToe,

thank you for your opinion.

The philosophy that we have always had at Warbawz is to not burden the gamer with heavy monthly server expenses. Gamers already spend money to play the game, it isn’t fair to them to make them pay another big sum of money just to have a server to play on and have fun with their friends on.

If one think’s we offer “cheap” service or specs, they only need to check us out and learn the truth. :)
    Don’t worry about our overhead, we are doing extremely well in that department I assure you, leave that too us. In the mean time, those who buy our servers should enjoy themselves doing what they do best, gaming!

• Great server hosting company. Have worked with them for awhile now and also have had my server hosted by them. Great up time and very quick ticket responses.

• Hi all.

For those of you who were wanting and asking us for them, we now host 64 slot servers! All for under $45.00 a month with no extra fees. Enjoy!

www.warbawz.com

• I’ve been searching the threads for a bit and it seems Warbawz is my best bet.

Can one of you contact me to arrange the transaction.

Thanks

Man_on_a_Stick

• Thank you so much for the service! Warbaws was quick to get back to me and the process was a breeze.

Thanks

Man_on_the_Stick

• You are more than welcome Man_on_a_Stick! Thank you choosing Warbawz and for giving us a good reviewing! :)

• I’m currently renting two servers from Warbawz at the moment and both of them work and run perfectly and cost barely anything. Customer service is great, I’m friends with an owner on Steam and his answers any questions or requests immediately.

• I’d like to post an update to my experience with Warbawz. I had rented a 32-slot Chivalry server since the middle of last month. At the time it was great with no noticeable lag. About a week ago I lost contact with my server through the in-game list. When I went to the web-based control panel to check on the status I found that I was locked out. It would seem that both my server’s web portal as well as my main Warbawz account have been deleted. Attempts to reset the password on either account are met with “account does not exist with that email” message.

Attempts to contact Warbawz through email have met with silence. I welcome any reply from the host, but am otherwise looking at a chargeback on my credit statement.

• Admins should lock this thread and or delete it, just an opinion. These guys come to your forums and advertise which is fine, i guess. However it is obvious that the OP in this case is creating new accounts and spamming the thread with bullshit reviews of their server hosting service. After reading the first three replies and visiting their site you can tell that it is going to be shady. I went to the site and could not even find out what type of servers setups they’re using. There is close to zero real information on the site. I’m pretty sure Torn Banner wouldn’t want these type of people ripping off their fans.

That being said, i’m just a fan, and I would hate to be ripped off or provided decreasingly worse service over time.

TL;DR: OP obviously replying to his own thread with new accounts, service looks spooky, be careful, maybe?

• @Chemical: PM sent.

@Trens: None of the people who posted on this thread work at Warbawz other than myself. We ask everyone who buys from us to post a review about us on our designated threads. Sorry you feel the way you do about us Trens. Recently our site has been going through some changes and construction. We have had a lot of criticism based on the information that we display on our site. This is due to the fact that we have been a very small company operating in a very personal way with each and every customer. We had no real need to give out tons of information on the site when we already did that through steam, teamspeak, skype, and in-person conversations.

We appreciate the criticism you have. It only makes us better and more efficient in the long run.

• After reading trens post I thought I would do just a little bit of digging to see what this GPS is all about.

This game server provider(GPS) just doesn’t look right. First they where running a GameCP site(Turn Key). Next they switched to wordpress/whmcs(buggy and security ridden history, recent)/TCAdmin site. They seemed to have dropped all their products on their website except 4, and one of which they aren’t registered to sell. The domain name was registered on 9/12/12. They offer TeamSpeak on their website but I could not find anywhere on http://hosting.teamspeakusa.com/ that they have a license to resell TeamSpeak.

They completely switched all of their software in less then 2 months of operation. They switched to a known security plagued product to offer to their customers. You would think that someone that claims that they are sooo available would have responded in less then 4 days to ChemicalAgents post. Most of the people he has posting on this thread didn’t buy a chivalry server. Otherwise they would have posted the name of their server(usually thats how i’ve seen reputable posts). He mentions that he had a lot of criticism of his website, about the information he displayed on his website. All I remember is that it was a splash page with all links going to GameCP back-end.

It seems this gps is a 1 server operation, worked on the weekend. I am a Chivalry fan myself and don’t want to see this game poisoned by careless hosting. If I had to render a verdict based on research, customer replies, games hosted, longevity. I would say stay away as well.

• @ wisesifu:

If you really did you’r research you would know that we recently had a lot of changes go on. Yes we switched our software because we were unhappy with how many things were going with the older software. We also have been constructing our site hence the 4 products you see now. There will be more added as the site is fixed up.

Secondly, we actually do have an ATHP license and if you want to take that up with one of us in PM or even want me to show you our license key I would be more than happy to do so. You’r research is a little off on this one bud.

In terms of Chemicalagent, before we made our changes we sent out mass emails to everyone in our database about the changes. I will be honest in saying that he is not the only person who seems to have not received the email. But just like everyone else he will be compensated for the inconvenience and have his original services up and running in full. That is if he will PM me and actually validate his account… still waiting.

As I stated before everyone who has posted on here besides my self is either a customer or a critic. I am unsure why we would try to lie in any way. Our goal is to host affordable services for gamers in need, we aren’t out to get rich quick. We do this because we enjoy hosting not only for ourselves but for people who are tired of overpaying for something that truly is simple.

We appreciate your criticism wisesifu, just wish your research was actually truthful and full. Anytime you want to come behind the scenes and see how we really do things to give out a proper review just ask buddy. Criticism always makes us better.

• I did do my research with all publicly available data. Calling me a liar as you leave a post is just rude and bad manners. I never posted anything untruthful or misleading.

If you say you have an ATHP license, then why aren’t you on the authorized list? Why ask someone to PM for them to see a license key? Why not just show us valid proof, like on the teamspeak website that you are an authorized re-seller. Another simple way is to give us the IP for your teamspeak server. Instead you called me a liar and to PM you for evidence. I think the simple fact of the matter is that you are not a registered business in the United States, as that is the only main requirement to be a license holder for TeamSpeak. Please give us a link here to show us you are a registered business.

I would put forth the question, why change your software so often? One seemingly logical conclusion is that you didn’t know what you where doing. You didn’t know what you where doing when you sent out your mass emails(is email that hard now a days?), apparently you didn’t verify with your customers.

Since you wanted me to do more research I went on your website and saw that in the source code that your site is hosted by http://www.darkagegaming.com/warbawz . It seems that you can launch your site right from that link, wow sloppy. What is your connection to darkagegaming.com? It seems darkagegaming.com posts as someone else on this forum. It also seems that darkagegaming.com runs some sort of tournament http://www.chivalrythegame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=78&t=4420

Back to the same conclusion, AVOID.

Update 1: It looks like the machine they use is a Xeon 5540 - 2.53GHz. Everyone knows that Chivalry only runs effectively on 3ghz and higher. Why try hosting on such old hardware? The chip was released in the first quarter of 2009. Man I am getting good at this researching.

Update 2: Why so many websites? http://warbawz.netau.net/index.html It looks like you had a hard time getting out of the gate.

• Hi again wisesifu. :)

Ouch…

Do you only post in the server hosting hub? You said you are a chivalry fan but it seems you are only interested in posting in the servers hosting hub section. Interesting…

For one you are misleading people by telling them we are unauthorized to sell and resell TS3 servers. You say you searched us and couldn’t find us… but yet when I pull up the search here: http://hosting.teamspeakusa.com/

I find this right here: http://hosting.teamspeakusa.com/ts3_hos … 8a66c512e5

That is pretty misleading and that is why I told you I wish you’r research was more truthful. Also you are more than welcome to join our teamspeak which we host and speak with us if you have further questions on that, right here: 208.115.245.98:9997

We changed our software because we were just unhappy with it. I think that answer suffices. We found the software we use now to be a lot better for us at this moment in time. As far as the emails go, as we have spoken to the customers who did not receive the mass email the blame goes on both of us. Yes we did not verify the customers that it was the best place to reach them and also the customers who did not receive the emails, well, they gave us secondary emails that they did not check.

We have been helping darkagegaming. We helped them with their site and are sponsering them by providing them with servers to use for their tournaments as well as giving out prizes for them. If this is wrong then, sorry you feel that way. We think they have a good thing going over there and wanted to help out.

Those specs were updated at the beginning of October. Currently we use 3 boxes all in Dallas Texas all with the same specs. Those specs are as follows: Intel Xeon E3-1230 - 3.2GHz, 16GB Ram, 500GB HDD, 5000GB bandwidth.

As for the websites, yes we had some trouble in the past with our websites just because we were trying to find something we really liked. Even now we are trying to construct one we like and that we will stick with. Hence the as you say "sloppy"ness of it.

Again we appreciate you’r criticism and by all means keep doing research. You are more than welcome to come behind the scenes and do a full review. Hope you come to our teamspeak and chat.

• Hi again wisesifu. :)

Ouch…

Do you only post in the server hosting hub? You said you are a chivalry fan but it seems you are only interested in posting in the servers hosting hub section. Interesting…

For one you are misleading people by telling them we are unauthorized to sell and resell TS3 servers. You say you searched us and couldn’t find us… but yet when I pull up the search here: http://hosting.teamspeakusa.com/

I find this right here: http://hosting.teamspeakusa.com/ts3_hos … 8a66c512e5

That is pretty misleading and that is why I told you I wish you’r research was more truthful. Also you are more than welcome to join our teamspeak which we host and speak with us if you have further questions on that, right here: 208.115.245.98:9997

We changed our software because we were just unhappy with it. I think that answer suffices. We found the software we use now to be a lot better for us at this moment in time. As far as the emails go, as we have spoken to the customers who did not receive the mass email the blame goes on both of us. Yes we did not verify the customers that it was the best place to reach them and also the customers who did not receive the emails, well, they gave us secondary emails that they did not check.

We have been helping darkagegaming. We helped them with their site and are sponsering them by providing them with servers to use for their tournaments as well as giving out prizes for them. If this is wrong then, sorry you feel that way. We think they have a good thing going over there and wanted to help out.

Those specs were updated at the beginning of October. Currently we use 3 boxes all in Dallas Texas all with the same specs. Those specs are as follows: Intel Xeon E3-1230 - 3.2GHz, 16GB Ram, 500GB HDD, 5000GB bandwidth.

As for the websites, yes we had some trouble in the past with our websites just because we were trying to find something we really liked. Even now we are trying to construct one we like and that we will stick with. Hence the as you say "sloppy"ness of it.

Again we appreciate you’r criticism and by all means keep doing research. You are more than welcome to come behind the scenes and do a full review. Hope you come to our teamspeak and chat.

• I bought a 32 slot Chivalry server hosted in Dallas from Warbawz.com.

The Server:
    The server is very stable and reliable! It’s a great server that pretty much put up with everything we threw at it. Wonderful.

The Service:
    The Ticket service is incredibly fast. My query was answered within 10 minutes of sending it when I needed some help. You can also add “KillaKan” to friends on steam he is very informative and to-the-point response.

The Website:
    The website is so easy to use and navigate, I had ordered my server in no time! The user interface is marvellous and slick. A job well done to the coders of the website.

The Pricing:
    The pricing is very competitive. They offered some of the lowest prices I’ve seen for Chivalry servers. Low prices and great servers is a great thing to offer to customers.

Overall:
    The server performs nicely, the website just works, the staff are friendly and knowledgeable and the pricing is very competitive. Other server hosts need to look up to Warbawz.

• As much as I hate to see people with know it all attitudes ripping on something they have no experience with other than google, I have to chime in.

That said, I am going to have to back up Captain America on this. Everything that Captain said is in reality, the truth. We turned our Dallas server into a duel server and it has remained so full most of the time that I haven’t had a lot of time actually playing on it because it is hard to get on, I cannot wait till we have full remote admin for this game. But that is not really what I have been most impressed with.

What impresses me about Warbawz is two fold. One is the server access pages, clean simple, not cluttered with advertising and stupid crap. I was blown away at how fast the server files were accessed and that is important when you are trying to set up something on the server in a hurry or making adjustments on the fly. I have hosted on several different game servers over the years, Art of war, gameservers and the like and I find their interfaces slow to load and sometimes very annoying. These big name game servers pack far too many games on per server and getting any advanced info from them is impossible besides it is all automated. Service tickets are usually next day or longer with the big guys and that sucks when you are running a clan, with clan events and such and the server goes down. I have yet to notice our Warbawz server crash where as our Chicago server from another company, can crash on a dime. I will concede that the game flaws are more responsible for the crashes than the servers the big difference is how badly the servers are taxed. Warbawz do not overload their servers and now is a great time to get on board.

The second thing that impresses me is that the Owner is a gamer, he actually plays the games he hosts. His intentions are solid, to provide the best servers he can at an inexpensive and competitive price and make still some money while he is at it. Unlike our current political climate, profit is not a bad word and if you can provide superior products and service at an affordable price why not make a little money? LOLs What game server provider isn’t in it for the money? But seriously, why not go with the smaller business that has your gaming experience as their main concern?

Having a gamer who hosts and actually plays the same games as you do, has an inside track and first hand knowledge about the issues concerning server set up and actual game play issues, has the knowledge to deal with them properly is amazing. The fact that you can find him in game or easily through Steam and chat him up ought to be a real incentive. Having access personally with your provider is a real relationship not some automated website, some nerd or out of country tech support, barely spreaking engrish at a phone bank call center.

If you are wanting an affordable, fast, easy to use game provider that you can actually have a real relationship with, you can do no better than KillaKan and the Warbawz servers.