Any point in using bows in particular?

• Yea, what the title says.
    Xbows have become obscene. Fast kills, point and click, easy to play, massive damage.
    Why use the bow anymore unless you have a thing for it when there are different alternatives?
    Besides the mobility you have with using a bow, there is really no worthwhile advantage.

• attacking is easier with a bow as you don’t have to stand still and reload though. But defence. . . no use for bows when crossbows are superior.

• Well, I personally prefer the warbow over the crossbows, I seem to be more accurate with it. It can 1 hit archer to torso, but then so can the regular crossbow. I guess it’s just a matter of preference.

• for rapid on-the-move reload

• Warbow gives you mobility and a faster fire rate. Its better in archer duels as well as you can have the how drawn waiting for them to stick their head out of cover.

• Longbow bodkin is legit.

• @Noxin:

Longbow bodkin is legit.

shortbow is the best bruh totally counters light crossbow you just keep flinching him hue

• @zombojoe:

shortbow is the best bruh totally counters light crossbow you just keep flinching him hue

Pebbles best ammo choice NA

• Longbow with bodkin arrows are a beast.
    Walking speed while drawn, significantly faster (can’t find speed values), and 2shots VG/MAA/Archer (knight on 2 headshots).

I reliably irritate the enemy team in pugs, dealing enough damage fast enough with the longbow that it’s worth using. Warbow deals the damage more slowly, and across less enemies.

In an archer duel, unless your opponent is using broadhead instead of bodkin with the warbow, you have the advantage.

• @Userper:

Longbow with bodkin arrows are a beast.
    Walking speed while drawn, significantly faster (can’t find speed values), and 2shots VG/MAA/Archer (knight on 2 headshots).

I reliably irritate the enemy team in pugs, dealing enough damage fast enough with the longbow that it’s worth using. Warbow deals the damage more slowly, and across less enemies.

In an archer duel, unless your opponent is using broadhead instead of bodkin with the warbow, you have the advantage.

yeah but the projectile speed isnt as high as warbow

• for some reason, i find the longbow a lot easier for myself personally to aim. Doesn’t make sense to me but i get a lot more hits with it. I’m terrible with the warbow.

• Have you guys encountered a high rank xbowman? By the time you put the arrow in the bow, true since I am using warbow that is kinda slow, but you get no chance of retaliating. He delivers the bolt so fast there is nothing you can do. It all comes down to if he misses you or not.
    It’s not that I miss, since I am good with it but I just don’t have time to get him.

• Have you tried nocking the bow before you poke your head out?

• @Lemon Doesn’t help, the bolts travel faster anyways.

• Don’t stand still?