List of Balance changes I think should be done

• A little list I made of balance changes that i would love to see in the game - keep in mind its my opinion and I know that theres people who dont agree with everything

Most of the changes are small fine tuning but you will see a couple of bigger changes on the weapons that arent viable or are bad right now. I made all changes with the intention of having the whole arsenal somewhat viable while keeping a balanced game, also i tried to make HTKs more consistent.

**Global

**-2H flinch increased to 0.9
    -Removed speed bonus you get from wielding 1H with a shield
    -Minimum windup is now 0.375
    -2H stab endfeint window increased by 75ms (need to see if its not too much)
    -Stamina drain from kicks removed
    -Stun daze time decreased to 1.7
    -Sprint lockout removed
    -Health regen now speeds up over time
    -Stamina out of breath sound now starts only below 15 stamina left
    -Removed parry cost on successfull parry into parry
    -Added new recovery parry on hit mechanic (see other thread)
    -Removed flinch from smoke/fire pots
    -Removed/Reduced fire effect in first person

Weapons

**-Longsword overhead damage raised by 2
    -Sword of war parry negation up to 20 (previously 16)
    -Messer overhead windup raised to 0.575 (previously 0.55)

-1H Longsword slash damage raised to 72 (previously 60)
    -1H Longsword overhead damage raised to 84
    -1H Longsword slash & OH recovery down to 0.6

-1H Sword of war stab damage raised to 68 (previously 60)
    -1H Sword of war stab recovery down to 0.5 (previously 0.65)

-1H Messer slash damage raised to 95
    -1H Messer slash recovery down to 0.55

-Double axe slash windup decreased to 0.525 (previously 0.55)
    -Bearded axe needs a complete rework, more on that later

-Warhammer raised overhead damage to 82
    -Warhammer decreased stab windup to 0.4 (previously 0.45)

-Grandmace slash now Blunt/Pierce
    -Grandmace slash damage increased to 88
    -Grandmace combo times down to 0.725 (previously 0.75)

-Falchion slash now Chop damage
    -Falchion slash damage increased to 70 (previously 65)
    -Falchion OH damage increased to 77 (previously 75)

-Flanged mace overhead now Blunt/Pierce
    -Flanged mace overhead damage increased to 70
    (These two will remove the useless 2shot from knight but give a more reliable HTK on vanguard and maas)
    -Flanged mace parry negation raised to 20 (previously 13)

-Morning star overhead damage raised to 72 (previously 70)
    -Morning star overhead windup decreased to 0.475 (previously 0.5)
    -Morning star parry negation raised to 23 (previously 13)

-Holy water sprinkler stab windup raised to 0.45 (previously 0.35)
    -Holy water sprinkler stab damage raised to 49 (previously 45)

-Hatchet combo times decreased to 0.6 (previously 0.65)

-War axe stab damage raised to 53
    -War axe stab windup increased to 0.425 (previously 0.35)
    -War axe size increase by 10%

-Dane axe overhead windup decreased to 0.425 (previously 0.45)

-Claymore stab damage raised to 67 (previously 65)

-Greatsword overhead & slash windup increased to 0.525 (previously 0.5)

-Brandistock slash windup increased to 0.525 (previously 0.5)
    -Brandistock slash damage reduced to 40

-Halberd stab windup decreased to 0.725 (previously 0.75)

-Bardiche slash is now Cut damage
    -Bardiche slash damage increased to 94 (previously 80 Chop)
    -Bardiche overhead damage increased to 102 (previously 100)
    -Bardiche combo times decreased to 0.7 (previously 0.75)
    -Bardiche recovery times decreased to 0.8 (previously 0.9)

-Polehammer overhead damage increased to 132

-Quarterstaff overhead damage increased to 57
    -Quarterstaff slash damage increased to 50

-Cudgel overhead damage raised to 55 (previously 50)

-Flails & Bearded axe need complete rework

-Throwing axe damage increased to 74 (previously 70)
    Now you can one shot archers with a headshot

Archer
    -Projectile flinch removed from release/parry state
    -Global projectile damage on Archer primarys reduced by 50% to torso & leg hits

Vanguard

**-Removed charge attack

I probably missed something, but this is it for now. Feel free to criticize, can also elaborate more on the changes

• -Longsword overhead damage raised by 2
    -Sword of war parry negation up to 20 (previously 16)
    -Messer overhead windup raised to 0.575 (previously 0.55)

-1H Longsword slash damage raised to 72 (previously 60)
    -1H Longsword overhead damage raised to 84
    -1H Longsword slash & OH recovery down to 0.6

-1H Sword of war stab damage raised to 78 (previously 60)
    -1H Sword of war stab recovery down to 0.5 (previously 0.65)

HAhahahahahahaa, ok we know you play Knight but people still want to have fun with other classes

1 Handed Longsword overheadwinduo 0,45sec and you give it the same dmg as the 0,525sec 2-Handed overhead yeah sure…

• Many changes I’d root for here, but I greatly discourage exponential health regen for a number of reasons. Instead, make health regenerate at a higher rate while crouching. (Not overriding the window during which you don’t heal, ofc)

• Pretty much agree with everything on global, just need a bigger stamina buff imo and no stamina for jumping because it’s useless anyway and i would probably tweak or remove the big knockback for vanguard cause it’s retarded, i don’t really care about weapon balance at the moment.

-Minimum windup is now 0.375

I think you’re mad cause it’s the end of the luck based HWS latency stab son.

• @CRUSHED:

-Norse sword overhead windup increased to 0.4 (previously 0.35)
    -Norse sword stab damage increased to 67
    -Norse sword overhead damage reduced to 58

So you want to make norse 2shot vanguards and 3shot knights with stab? And nerf overheads?

Crushed pls. The norse sword differs from currently from broadsword that it has shorter range but faster overheads. The shape of that sword suggests that it’s not actually that good at stabbing. Nerf stab and buff slashes/overheads or something but don’t bring back the old BS norse. Every MAA would just drop BS and use norse instead because stab stab 2 stronk.

• @Kreittis:

because stab stab 2 stronk.

The goal was more to give that weapon its spot, broadsword is the best 1h sword allrounder while falchion would excell at swings & norse at stabs

But yeah this was more experimental anyway, norse can actually stay how it is, maybe increase the parry negation a bit

• Will polehammer OH 1 shot everything to head with that buff? Is that the point? I actually think its sorta shit atm but thats an odd way to buff it. Would be neat though, if a bit op maybe.

• @swagfox:

Will polehammer OH 1 shot everything to head with that buff? Is that the point? I actually think its sorta shit atm but thats an odd way to buff it. Would be neat though, if a bit op maybe.

Yes, it would indeed become longer and faster maul.

• Polehammer is pretty terrible right now so this damage buff would be something atleast

I think it would be alright if it oneshotted vanguards to the head atleast

• @Kreittis:

Yes, it would indeed become longer and faster maul.

ya dunno about that lol. maybe if it could 1 shot maa and possibly van too thatd be ok, but yeah, not even that good against knights atm. handle flies through all the time since you need to be so close to hit shit, feints are ez to read, even the stab isnt that hard with good ping. making it a 1 shot everything wep is pretty overkill though.

• i like global changes, and archer changes, probably would need to test the weapon changes. Vanguard charge… i would rather just see it be consistent and not removed. I would make the distance traveled consistent (they seemed to have it right in the beginning of the game)… and i would reduce the turncaps vertical and horizontal, moreso horizontal after charging.

• The global changes look pretty good I’d just have .4 be the minimum windup time like it is in beta. But seriously I main knight too and even I think those damage buffs on 1h swords are way to much….

• Ummm besides falchion and morning star 1 handers deserve no love. And I think pole hammer is pretty decent right now, if anything give it a small speed buff but it’s fine in damage

• List was pretty neat though, some changes a bit extreme however.

• Yea the EU 2v2 knight tournament the knights that won and dominated were SOW knights, buffing the SOW that much is just absolutely asking people to quit playing Chiv.

I could see the LS getting MAYBE a 1 or 2 point buff in damage but the SOW doesn’t need any more buffs

I’d like to see what changes TBS makes with the second iteration of the balance patch (Beta 2) since beta 1 was just some global changes to windup and archer nerfs

• @Soldier1stClass:

Yea the EU 2v2 knight tournament the knights that won and dominated were SOW knights, buffing the SOW that much is just absolutely asking people to quit playing Chiv.

I could see the LS getting MAYBE a 1 or 2 point buff in damage but the SOW doesn’t need any more buffs

I’d like to see what changes TBS makes with the second iteration of the balance patch (Beta 2) since beta 1 was just some global changes to windup and archer nerfs

which tournament
    link me

• I cant find it, Gauntlet i believe watched it and has more information i tried goggling for it but cant find that most recent one.

But the entire original post just screams no fun for every class but knight. Its a massive buff for every knight sword and not even minor buffs, 10-18 point damage buffs. it just seems like no thought into inter-class balance was considered

• Wow, someone else that wants to give the pole arms love. Completely disagree on the knight sword buffs though, considering they are the strongest knight choices atm. The 1 handed sword stats definitely need some love (SoW and LS same speed? wut?) but they shouldn’t be getting a damage buff. The reason for using it 1 handed is for the reach+shield. They don’t need another benefit.

• @Soldier1stClass:

buffing the SOW that much is just absolutely asking people to quit playing Chiv.

it needed something small to get put on par with messer and the new longword, its a tiny buff at best

longsword getting more damage is a no brainer buff

• @CRUSHED:

longsword getting more damage is a no brainer buff

Sure is a no brainer alright.