I would play this game if…

• You added the TO maps from MW to DW. This game needs TO in it.

Would it be extremely difficult to port over the TO maps and let the new classes play on it? Having teams of all the new classes would be absolutely amazing I think, could even keep the old classes in too and make a super-chivalry game.

TORN BANNER doooo it. I would play this game again. Main reason for not playing is the lack of cftp/recovery parry (one or the other is needed for skill purposes) but mainly it gets old doing deathmatch, ffa, and lts all the time for me and lot of people i’d imagine. Needs TO! TO is mainly what I play in MW too so without it, the game kind of dies off to me.

I guarantee if you put TO in DW… you’d see a huge surge of players playing both MW and DW… and even more people would probably purchase it as well.

• The TO maps with the exception of Battlegrounds, Coldfront and maybe Hillside are all too small for DW because of the super fast movement speed. Maps like Stoneshill and DF would be really cramped.

• i would add them all mang.

• You would need class limits and it to be open class only. All classes are horrible at attacking objectives I mean just play hog the banner. All classes were balanced for 1v1.

• Mod

No TO was the main reason I got bored of DW reallly fast.

• i would play DW if it had CFTP etc.

• I would play DW if it didn’t feel so floaty and LMB-centric.

• well, we bunched together and tried it a couple of days ago again. Our conclusion is (in my opinion but more or less of all of the peoples thoughts):
    Cons:
    -LMB centric, only attack you have to use.
    -Flinch nonexistant
    -Ninjas are crap
    -Vikings are 2stronkk
    -No CFtP
    -Bubble 5 times larger than the friggen bodies, can’t pass teammates properly.
    -No TO instead it’s “which class camps the longest” shortened LTS
    -Ninjas are more crap than crap
    -Some voicecommands are offensive and/or needs a better voiceactor. Ninja voice commands are hillarious. Also lacks commands such as forward, wait here, behind us, they’re coming etc.

• Too fast.
    • Shotguns.
      Pros:
    • feels fluent somehow, easier to see weaponswings, not as choppy.
    • comboable spears. (why is this not in CMW yet?)
      Not sure if pros or cons:
    • Every class got ranged weapons in some way, although ninjas ranged suck.
    • Health and stamina regen happens really really fast.

Other reasons I wouldn’t play it is because of historical inaccuracy. Vikings would never throw shields or swords. They would however throw axes. It’s based on Deadliest Warrior which is a total twat show from the US being absolutely ridicolous and inaccurate.

• Shotgun being one of the worst weapons in the game. Ask anyone who’s used it.

• just needs TO, either CFTP or recovery parry (CFTP preferred)

and to answer xylvion on why comboable spears are not in MW… it’s because they’re severely overpowered.

i also don’t think ninja’s are shit, especially if they still got those beating sticks.

there’s a lot of ranged warfare in the game too which can be annoying, vikings throw everything, spartans throw spears, ninjas throw ninja stars and others, pirates have pistols and shotgun, arrows from samurai, crossbows for knights.

The ranged capability does seem a bit more manageable i’d have to say in DW, but there’s a TON of it… which would be pretty annoying in TO. I just think having all the classes battle would be pretty epic in TO.

Also lemon, i don’t see why there would have to be class limits.

• You’ll get a spartan wall of defence every time.

• @lemonater47:

You’ll get a spartan wall of defence every time.

i would be okay with that, just run in with spear viking and samurai spear gangs. Plus with teamwork you can get around all of them. It would be so epicly fun.

• @Clay: Thing is if spears could combo in MW they could also deal less damage and be slower to balance it out.

• @Xylvion:

@Clay: Thing is if spears could combo in MW they could also deal less damage and be slower to balance it out.

i mean on their own that might help but group fighting would be a problem. they can reach around all teammates and keep constant pressure on someone to stam them out and get hits in between team and just deal constant damage. It would be ridiculous. Bad spear users could even be godlike and GOOD spear users… my god they would be unstoppable. I would probably main spears again.

• Well Viking spears need a nerf so you won’t be that godly.

• @lemonater47:

Well Viking spears need a nerf so you won’t be that godly.

Viking Spear could use a minor damage nerf.

I want them to change Sword of War animations to be less bullshit, nerf Naginata damage, and nerf Mace thrust.

• @TheMightyAltroll:

Viking Spear could use a minor damage nerf.

I want them to change Sword of War animations to be less bullshit, nerf Naginata damage, and nerf Mace thrust.

Damage nerf? The damage is fine. Thing is its the only spear you can’t get close to in 1 parry. The yumi and even sarrisa only need to be parried once and then you can land a hit on them with a short weapon. Viking spear no even though its the shortest its almost impossible to do.

Windup up and combo times reduced. The Viking has berserk mode so the initial combo time can be reduced.

SOW animations are the exact same as all MW two handed swords.

• @lemonater47:

Damage nerf? The damage is fine. Thing is its the only spear you can’t get close to in 1 parry. The yumi and even sarrisa only need to be parried once and then you can land a hit on them with a short weapon. Viking spear no even though its the shortest its almost impossible to do.

Windup up and combo times reduced. The Viking has berserk mode so the initial combo time can be reduced.

SOW animations are the exact same as all MW two handed swords.

And the SoW animations are just as broken. The thrust is far too difficult to detect, and far too good at point blank. I want the thrust to be fixed. It’s simply too good at drags, and putting it on a super-high health class is too much.

Also, the Viking Spear’s damage is more than the Sarissa, whilst still being faster, and having the same range. So, something needs to go down dramatically.

• @lemonater47:

Well Viking spears need a nerf so you won’t be that godly.

i did just as well with the samurai spear as the viking spear. I actually used the samurai spear more often than the viking… but both are godlike in that game. You can chain thrusts like 7-8 times without running out of stam.

• @Xylvion:

Pros:

• feels fluent somehow, easier to see weaponswings, not as choppy.

why is that DW only? ;_;