Revert bubble reduction

• Never had a problem hitting people with small weapon or fist with old bubble and camera, in fact i started feeling this shit when the new camera came up, same for the next argument of no bubble lover “hurr you can’t have footwork” they were always people with great move with old bubble, the difference for making those move is fuking minor, you want to talk about footwork then maybe start to remove the sprint lock out.

So yeah it was obviously better before with the bubble and old camera, idk how it would be now with this camera and old bubble, tbs won’t do a shit anyway.

• The bubble size reduction brought more benefits than drawbacks imo.
    Add a poll and I’m sure most people on the forums agree on the old bubble being a horrible thing in this game.

• I started a thread like this about a month ago, it didn’t go very well…. Good luck ;)

• Bubble is still bigger than it used to be and most people would agree that the gameplay was good back then 1,5 years ago (or in chiv+/promod).
    Nerf feints if that’s the problem but don’t ever make the bubble bigger again. Should I remind you of the endless topics regarding the bubble? And you were one of those who complained a lot about the bubble. I know your arguments, but reverting the bubble is bad. Really bad.

• The bubble caused more issues than it solved, we can find better ways to make facehug feints readable.

• Melee tracer model with real time swings can never have any form of consistent parry/gameplay (no random ass drags, bullshit moments like now) if theres no bubble like there used to be.

I want to get 95%+ parry accuracy in this game, but right now its simply not humanly possible.

Bubble restricting footwork is a huge over reaction lol

• No. Reduce the bubble further.

• The real problem is that 95% of people can’t read feints anyway and are shit vs drags so why would they care about it, no drawbacks for them lol, reduce bubble moreeeee.

• @Edmund:

The real problem is that 95% of people can’t read feints anyway and are shit vs drags so why would they care about it, no drawbacks for them lol, reduce bubble moreeeee.

95% can’t read feints and 99% of people can’t bunny hop properly.

• @Kim:

The bubble caused more issues than it solved, we can find better ways to make facehug feints readable.

Completely Agree. The issues I have are…

…Stab animations. Stabs already windup in a similar manner to just the held animation, but then the change to release is barely seeable. Add that to fast weapons and make people panic parry for days.

…Insta-hits. I feel the first few frames of release shouldn’t do damage. “But amish, wouldnt that just be a longer windup?”. In a way, yes. With this change though there would be a longer no feint window and it would fix the issue that many weapons have; the ability to start a swing inside the other persons body. Reverse overheads are impossible to read no matter who you are. You may have gotten good at reacting to them in time but I’ve noticed against those people if I reverse-overhead feint (feint the windup) they’ve always panic parry.

Maybe with the above change we can remove the stupid lookdown fix that was added, since it was only put on certain weapons (thanks for the pole arm nerf) and now Im LMBing right through people every day.

• You could fix instant hits with allowing the last 100 ms of windup to be parried, however feints are a completely different problem.

• i dont want bubble back, i think the windup time increase will help enough. Only real hard feints are typically stab feints anyhow. Stab feints are total guess 0% reading. Overheads and slash can be read.

ofc its weapon/class based too, like trying to read a vanguard stab feint with long ass model entering you is pretty fail.

• You can read stabfeints but when you spam them and facehug it’s pretty much impossible.

• @afiNity:

You can read stabfeints but when you spam them and facehug it’s pretty much impossible.

when people try to read a 1h stab feint is basically a free hit

• All feints in the game are readable except facehug stab feints. Just reduce the endfeintwindow on stabs globally by 75ms and bam, you’ve got readable feints.

• well the problem is the feinting mechanic

bandaid patches wont fix anything

remember when alt swings got fixed?

• What if we could feint only OHs and slashes?

• @Mef:

What if we could feint only OHs and slashes?

feints are also used defensively and to avoid team damage, not just for faking people out. that would make it so that you couldn’t feint to parry out of a stab or feint out of a stab to avoid hitting teammates, etc. Would be no bueno.

• good point, I guess it could be solved by preventing offensive stab feints with some cooldown or something but that gets too complicated again so screw it

• an easy fix is reducing the feint window to something like 0.1-0.2 seconds for all the stabs on all weapons so they could only flash feint

late feint stabs are bullshit, anyone that played back when you could feint through the entire windup knows this