Fortification Map Contest Comes To a Glorious End

• On March 3rd, 2014, Torn Banner Studios announced the Fortification Map Contest— a competition awarding over $25,000 in prize money and a chance to have your map added to Chivalry: Medieval Warfare as official game content. The enthusiastic response from the modding community was inspiring. Over 45 maps were submitted over the course of the contest’s four months, with many submissions exceeding expectations of creativity and polish. As a result, Torn Banner Studios has decided to award five winners a cash prize and an official spot in the game rather than the originally planned three.

And the winners are….on the contest page! Go check it out!

http://tornbanner.com/contest/

All of us at Torn Banner were very impressed with the amount of quality maps that have been created. Although the contest may now be over, we’ve decided to leave it open ended for an indefinite period of time, so as not to let all that hard work, passion, and determination go to waste. From here on out, any Team Objective map that Torn Banner deems worthy of acceptance into the official release of Chivalry will be awarded with $1000. We will be posting the feedback from our judging playtests to help nudge map creators towards a bit more polish and balance in their levels. We will be looking to the community for help in providing feedback for map creators. We will keep the custom map servers to help aid in this effort. We may also consider adding maps that support other game modes in the future.

• First! Been dying to see the results!

• This post is deleted!

• Congratulations guy! Castle Assault out of fucking nowhere! I really enjoyed testing it before though, definitely deserve it.

Great job other submitters. Lots of really great maps!

• Mod

Congrats! All awesome maps. Really excited to see this an offical servers.

Will be running all 5 on rotation, only maps on rotation, on the eq chicago server once I get it running. Should be fun for anyone who hasn’t been able to play any. :D

• Congratulations all winners! I’m looking forward to playing some new TO maps soon! :)

• Mod

well done guys :D

• Wow! Congratulations to the winners! Can’t wait till these get put on the official rotation.

• So basicly three first places are won by the same maps that won 1st round but in different order.

Anyway, good that this is finally over, congratulations to the winners!

Can’t belive that Irilla didn’t won and that Belmez is just in 4th place.

• Congratulations everyone!

Will you be giving further feedback? I’d like to know what you guys think needs looking at on cove so I can improve it further.

• @NATO:

Congratulations everyone!

Will you be giving further feedback? I’d like to know what you guys think needs looking at on cove so I can improve it further.

“We will be posting the feedback from our judging playtests to help nudge map creators towards a bit more polish and balance in their levels.”

• @Lucas:

. From here on out, any Team Objective map that Torn Banner deems worthy of acceptance into the official release of Chivalry will be awarded with $1000.

That’s nice that you guys give people another chance.

• Yeah, that was eddied in after I loaded the page

• Congratz all winners! Awesome work! Good job guys!
    Wow Drunken bazar on fifth place! Really nice. But that bird… haha :D

• @Vesanus:

That’s nice that you guys give people another chance.

Yeah that’s really cool. I’m happy to see some great maps get added into official rotations and to know they will be continuing to do so is even better.

• Very good map selection… very good.
    Couple other stellar maps which were missed, but it’s nice to know some are still being offered $1,000 if they are at the standard TB wants.

I really hope more maps are added, we cant let such quality go to waste. Even if some are given no monetary reward.

After the maps are released in an upcoming update, I doubt anyone will be playing non-official custom maps. At least for a time…

TB should be adding some of the other top tier maps into their game files so at least people can access the maps easily and not incur a deadly download!

Good job to all winners and the community!

• Congratulations to all the winners. They definitely deserved to win after all their hard work.

I would have loved to see Irilla in there as well, but I suppose 5 winners instead of the original 3 is already quite an expansion.
    Still though, this is an excellent pick of custom maps. Or should I say official maps now?
    It’s a great selection of fun, impressive, creative and balanced maps.
    Again, congratulations everyone!

• Awesome! any chance you guys will add ‘‘Go for the objective’’ voice commands for the winners?
    (Still need those for Coldfront and Outpost as well)

• Grats on the winners but Castle Assault? Really? That’s by far the worst in the list. It’s not a terrible map but it’s no where near as good as Belmez, Cove or King’s Garden. It has really bad spawns, lots of needless running, bad map progression, missing water sounds, objective balance isn’t good… It’s criticism, but I’m really disappointed in this choosing.

Belmez deserved best, or at least higher than Castle Assault. Well, I hope Castle Assault gets some really massive changes because it needs them. :/ I mean, you’re not even assaulting or sieging a castle except for the gate objective, which is one its worst objectives. When I think castle assault, I think Stoneshill, Cold Front, or even Belmez. :/

I digress. I’m just happy these 5 will be added to rotation.

• Oh awesome, looks like we’ll get 5 new awesome maps to the game, more possible choices than darkforest and stoneshill!