Power strikes

• hello fine warriors. im lv 43 vang/knight so i been playiong for a while. sometimes when i strike an enemy (horizontal or overhead attack) i hear a particular strong sounding “shing!” sound. is this some sort of power strike, and if so, what is it and how do u do it? does it mean i hit the sweet spot and did max damage, or extra damage? i cant seem to find consistency with it–sometimes it happens when i hit an enemy in the torso, sometimes in the head. gracias

• You are rank 43 and you don’t know the mechanics of the game lol.

Its just a sound effect of hitting someone. Like all the other sound effects of hitting someone.

• There’s a vanguard charge attack, if that’s what you’re asking. But there’s no particular “power strike” attack, and the sounds you’re hearing are just normal sounds.

• The strong sounding “Shing” might be someone parrying, aka using their Right mouse button.

• damage is determined only by the type of strike, the weapon used, and the location it hits… nothing more.

in deadliest warrior, you have a different case.

but those are just normal sounds.

• damage is determined only by the type of strike, the weapon used, and the location it hits… nothing more.

in deadliest warrior, you have a different case.

but those are just normal sounds.

you might experience THAT sound if say you hit someone and there’s another person behind them that parries as you hit them… that’s the only time you might hear a ‘shing’ sound… a parry.

• Are you fighting robots? That would explain metallic sound effects.

• @Oy:

Are you fighting robots? That would explain metallic sound effects.

Man I love fighting robots. Don’t have to ever oil my sword.

• @Martys:

Man I love fighting robots. Don’t have to ever oil my sword.

I don’t use oil on mine I use a special recipe involving the tears of my enemies and honey. The chaotic power of fear and death and butthurt but with a sweet aftertaste.

Edit: added butter and cinnamon to secret recipe. Shhh. Also a splash of milk for creaminess.

• I just use butter and cinnamon.

• Let’s make a power strike. Every 3rd combo hit landed deals bonus damage.

• @lejosh:

Let’s make a power strike. Every 3rd combo hit landed deals bonus damage.

And who exactly would this benifit? obviously only weapons that take more than 3 hits to kill. thats just encouraging m1 spam with fast, short, low damage weps.

• It encourages combos, and it benefits players who are skilled enough to use them properly. Often times players swing and miss (sometimes intentionally) just to follow it up with a combo swing, so there are plenty of ways you could implement it including with 2H. Also, M1 is not the only attack you can combo with. Good players throw in a nice mix of all 3. In fact, you can chain them together as long as you aren’t parried and you don’t try to use the same attack a 4th time. I’m also thinking about TO, LTS, TD, and FFA, not just 1v1.

• So you want good players to just combo in the air twice and footwork around you, then land a massive damage one-shot on you with the third hit when you run in to punish the miss? Just sounds like a spammy mechanic that most players will think is OP because the pros to go maul and combo swing them in one shot to the foot with a stab.

• give power strike to knight (knight speacial). Hold an attack+button to hold weapon up and charge it, then release the DOOM! Same damage and Stam drain as charge attack but move slower while charging.

Maybe chiv 2 ;)

• @50ShadesofClay:

give power strike to knight (knight speacial). Hold an attack+button to hold weapon up and charge it, then release the DOOM! Same damage and Stam drain as charge attack but move slower while charging.

Maybe chiv 2 ;)

I can see much rage coming from this. Imagine all the spinning maul one-shots on all classes to the torso because of power attack.

• @Oy:

I can see much rage coming from this. Imagine all the spinning maul one-shots on all classes to the torso because of power attack.

you could just backpedal the maul, plus they 1 shot everything anyway

• @Oy:

So you want good players to just combo in the air twice and footwork around you, then land a massive damage one-shot on you with the third hit when you run in to punish the miss? Just sounds like a spammy mechanic that most players will think is OP because the pros to go maul and combo swing them in one shot to the foot with a stab.

It sounds like you’re only analyzing this from the perspective of 1v1. And no, I’m not saying I want good players to just combo in the air twice and footwork around you. My comment to Psyfon about comboing in the air twice was to bring to his attention a different (and already common) way you can use combos.

Besides, once you see someone doing the same move over and over again you learn how to counter it. It wouldn’t be some cheap spammy mechanic, because it’s not that easy to land a 3rd hit in a combo. Most of the time your combo will get interrupted by a parry, or you might get stabbed and flinched or kicked in the middle of it.

• meh the 3rd hit extra damage is totally unnecessary. It wouldn’t be bad but there’s no real point in implementing it.

• meh the 3rd hit extra damage is totally unnecessary. It wouldn’t be bad but there’s no real point in implementing it.

also in pubs, its really easy to target switch to 3 different guys or between 2 guys… that 3rd guy is going to have a bad bad day.