Round 1 winners incorporated in the official game as well?

• So the contest is adding all 5 round 2 winners into the official game in the near future as official maps.

But what about the round 1 winners. 3 of the round 1 winners are also round 2 winners. But Irilla Shore and On The Edge are the two other round 2 winners. Personally I found them to be my two favourite maps that actually have the least amount of flaws compared to some of the others no offence. They look good, they are action packed yet still balanced but don’t get boring at any time. Even though on the edge is a long map in comparison it never gets boring.

So how about adding in these two maps as well being the total added in to 7 maps and the total TO maps to 14 nicely doubling the amount of maps they have.

Having more maps means that server owners can now actually pick and choose maps to put on their servers without making their servers boring and repetitive as it stands currently. You pretty much have to have all the maps on your server so people don’t get bored and leave.

I tested all these maps with 32 players including all the contest winners with 32 players as well. I don’t know what happened in the rest of the world but having someone as famous as Yarnu mean that custom map servers filled up almost instantaneously whenever he was around. Irilla and On the edge performed amazingly with this many players on.

These two maps would make a great edition to the game. They even have great story lines that actually go with the lore of the game and aren’t completely silly.

You have already added in 4th and 5th of the 1st round winners something that wasn’t initially gonna be done. Now extend it to the round 1 winners with two maps that deserve a place in the official rotation as official maps. No doubt these maps would be the favourite of many.

• i’m sure once everything is polished they’ll add them, and if they’re already done sure why not.

They have a mention that any new incoming maps that get finished still have a chance to win 1k and get put into the game. So the official contest is over, but they’re not going to stop adding the great maps people made it seems.

i hope seaborn and night raid and some others to make it in as well.

• Irilla and On the edge were my favourites. On the edge wasn’t played much in other parts of the world apparently. But its an amazing map. The Bridges of Druzhina of chivalry without the rage and frustration of having a bad team.

• yeah!

On The Edge
    Irilla Shore
    Seaborn

They were all fun to play.

Lets compare those maps for example with King’s Garden.
    It is a beautiful map and visually amazing, BUT in comparison it is BORING when it comes to gameplay, the objectives are mediocre.
    And in my opinion the map is too small. Especially in the last obj everything gets clunky and cramped…

Whereas the other maps mentioned above were pure fun and innovativ.
    Only issue i had was the performance.

So I really hope those map are going to be official too when they are optimized!

• on the edge is one of the 1st round winners and I think it’s already going to get added.

Irilla shore should be too, but i’m not sure about ‘Irilla’. I don’t tihnk i got to test that one.

• @50ShadesofClay:

on the edge is one of the 1st round winners and I think it’s already going to get added.

Irilla shore should be too, but i’m not sure about ‘Irilla’. I don’t tihnk i got to test that one.

Wait there’s one just called Irilla?? Lol. I didn’t know that I was meaning Irilla shore.

By the sound of things the round 1 winners weren’t gonna be added just the round 2 winners. At first it was only gonna be the first 3 round 1 winners.

Really they pretty much picked pretty maps which begs the question. How much did TB actually play?

I seemed to to be pretty much the only one who gave negative feedback for maps and I got flamed for it lol. Community feedback wasn’t the greatest either.

• I say yes. The more maps the better. Dark Forest is getting on my nerves.

• To be fair Shore isn’t balanced for 24p+ pubs at all, way too easy for defense. But I wouldn’t mind it being added anyway because maybe it would get easier over time as people got used to it. I only got to play On the Edge like once or twice, so I can’t say much for it.

But yeah, all the maps should be added.

• @lemonater47:

Wait there’s one just called Irilla?? Lol. I didn’t know that I was meaning Irilla shore.

By the sound of things the round 1 winners weren’t gonna be added just the round 2 winners. At first it was only gonna be the first 3 round 1 winners.

Really they pretty much picked pretty maps which begs the question. How much did TB actually play?

I seemed to to be pretty much the only one who gave negative feedback for maps and I got flamed for it lol. Community feedback wasn’t the greatest either.

there were good maps and really bad ones. I played a LOT of them but not all. There was one i remember not going to mention any names that was absolutely terrible. It was actually over in like less than 5 minutes and i was in the tempest mumble with some friends and we were all like wtf just happened?! there was basically an objective i think for both teams and if you failed the first one the game was over or something… idk. It was bad.

There are a couple of the top 5 winners I might not agree with over others but they are the ones payiing the dough so. I did enjoy most of the maps I played. The ones that one are enjoyable, the ranking of them is odd but nonetheless they are enjoyable and playable and work.