Thoughts about the Claymore?

• It would seem a lot more people on these forums than I thought find the Claymore overpowered to some extent.
    I don’t find it OP at all. I might even go as far as to say when compared to other Vanguard weapons, it doesn’t have a lot going for it.
    Some may say it’s too fast, it’s unrealistic and causes a lot of hittrades and “instant hits”, most likely referring to the difficulty in parrying an accelerated Claymore with decent to low FPS.
    But I do appreciate quick 2handed swords. They are quite useful in 1vsmany situations.
    I definitely don’t consider them overpowered. All that is needed to counter them are quick reflexes.

So, just out of curiousity I created this poll, how many of you do think there’s something wrong with it?

• How about its a “its broken”/“its dumb and gimmicky” option? It’s definitely not OP but its just a retarded weapon to deal with on pubs when you or the guy using it has like 90 ping or so. Id like to see it get reverted to what it was before last july, but nerf gr8sword so it has slower windups on slash and OH, would give it a purpose.

• It’s a very slightly slower 2h version of the Broadsword with almost double the knock back effect, and significantly longer reach. Also does a tad more damage.

Not OP, but it’s definitely one of the biggest culprits for bullshit when server is a laggy piece of shit. Server has a small hiccup? Opponents ping suddenly spikes out of nowhere? Claymore = Lagmore

• I actually liked it more when it was slower lol.

• if you miss a lot with it, it’s quite the stam drainer. It’s great in bursts.

• It’s only any good if the guy using it is lag hakn. Otherwise it’s too predictable.

• @swagfox:

How about its a “its broken”/“its dumb and gimmicky” option? It’s definitely not OP but its just a retarded weapon to deal with on pubs when you or the guy using it has like 90 ping or so. Id like to see it get reverted to what it was before last july, but nerf gr8sword so it has slower windups on slash and OH, would give it a purpose.

You can say this about every single fast weapon in the game, most of which are far more annoying to deal with than claymore when things get choppy.

• My problem with claymore is one that’s being fixed next patch - flinch in releease.
    If you are flinched in release by claymore you are not able to block next combo hit.
    Also, as stated above, enemy with ~100 ping just spamming lmb causes some serious desyncs quite often, but that’s other case.

• Claymore is fine, it is a little too fast but so are a bunch of other weapons. Give the GS it’s absolutely necessary nerf and claymore will be a very viable choice.

• I want the old claymore back.

• Claymore’s fine. All weapons become really choppy and wonky at high pings.

• well i think that it’s speed makes it very clunky and hard to control, the old claymore was better.

• Claymore is ok but should come with blue face paint and kilt so I can eat haggis and slaughter the British. FREEEEEDOOOOOM!

• It’s not very fun to fight against. It’s not OP, it’s actually a little underpowered considering it’s a 2h that takes 4 hits to kill a knight. Needs to be slower but stronger like the old claymore.

• @SOC:

It’s not very fun to fight against. It’s not OP, it’s actually a little underpowered considering it’s a 2h that takes 4 hits to kill a knight. Needs to be slower but stronger like the old claymore.

Soo… Kind of like the current Greatsword then…

• claymore is fine. dont change the way it plays/performs. its got its own fun niche.

• @Toll:

Soo… Kind of like the current Greatsword then…

It should trade some damage and reach for extra speed, just not 1h worthy of speed that takes 4 hits to kill knights. Like I always say with the longsword, no 2h weapon should take 4 hits to kill a knight. Honestly it’s too fast to be all that useful right now.

• @SOC:

It should trade some damage and reach for extra speed, just not 1h worthy of speed that takes 4 hits to kill knights. Like I always say with the longsword, no 2h weapon should take 4 hits to kill a knight. Honestly it’s too fast to be all that useful right now.

Claymore would just be a slightly weaker clone than GS. It’s fine right now. It 2-hits all other classes and has vicious feints and great combo/recovery times.

• @Noxin:

Claymore would just be a slightly weaker clone than GS. It’s fine right now. It 2-hits all other classes and has vicious feints and great combo/recovery times.

That’s what it was before its change, but it was better that way than it is now. I don’t know what you mean by vicious feints, it’s one of the easiest feints to read in the game. :S It’s nice to have good combo/recovery times, but it’s niche just isn’t fulfilled like the SoW vs longsword.

• It’s fine, it’s actually better now. Has it’s own unique playstyle instead of greatsword 2.0