Specialized Flinch Times?

• First lets acknowledge this is my first non shit post in a while. clap now let’s get down to business.

What if we specialize the flinch time according to how slow a weapon is, how long it is, and how much reach it has? This would allow almost all set ups to be viable that ordinarily wouldn’t because “it’s to slow to be competitive” well bullshit, if anything we want more unique loadouts in comp and so this would be the perfect way to make more weapon viable and not just gimmicky. Examples, daggers get .6, norse/holywater/hatchet .7 broadsword/war axe/ morningstar/ mace .8 and most two handers .9 with the exception of extremely slow 2 handers being .95

We can always switch it up of course, but having a specialized flinch time according to the speed would be great. Why even restrict it to just the speed? Let’s have damage and range play a role as well. Or even use classes. Of course I don’t trust torn banner to do this well at all, so don’t eveneven say “cool idea, shitty devs” But judge the idea by itself.

• This was an original idea…

…back in early 2013.

• sorry huggles,

anything outside knight ls or sow is niche and not meant to be competitive

you should feel bad for wanting the game to encourage more variation

• torn banner wants flinch to be consistent, i cant think of any other reason not to use invidual flinch timers

@dudeface:

This was an original idea…

…back in early 2013.

more like 2012

• I think the most balanced thing is to attach shotguns to the character’s shoulders like predator, and when you get flinched your shotgun goes BOOM and the guy who flinched you goes flying. This encourages smarter gameplay.

• @KILLBANDS:

sorry huggles,

anything outside knight ls or sow is niche and not meant to be competitive

you should feel bad for wanting the game to encourage more variation

are you forgetting the mighty messer? i’ve seen poleaxes. I’ve seen shield knights. Mauls. Dubaxe. And that’s just the KNIGHT weapons.

also the individual weapon flinch times were an idea plenty of times long ago and till this day people still generally think it’s the right idea i would imagine.

• @50ShadesofClay:

are you forgetting the mighty messer? i’ve seen poleaxes. I’ve seen shield knights. Mauls. Dubaxe. And that’s just the KNIGHT weapons.

also the individual weapon flinch times were an idea plenty of times long ago and till this day people still generally think it’s the right idea i would imagine.

sorry dude I was just pretending to be a certain other ignorant shit poster on the forums

in all honesty tb just seem too lazy to implement it properly

and most people don’t play real slow weps so most people don’t give a fuck

• Flail should have a 5 second flinch considering the fact that it’s wind up is 6 seconds.

• its a bad idea cause your muscle memory on parries will be thrown off everytime

• @CRUSHED:

its a bad idea cause your muscle memory on parries will be thrown off everytime

Wouldn’t that raise the skill cap to another degree? Just more memorizing and learning to be had. Having said that. I don’t think TBS is prepared to put all the time required to figure out appropriate flinch times for each weapon.

• it wouldnt raise anything, just make the game feel more clunky

• This goes back to my idea about splitting flinch times into sword/axe/mace and tweaking it for short sword or maul etc.

• @CRUSHED:

its a bad idea cause your muscle memory on parries will be thrown off everytime

pls tell me how when you can parry during flinch?

• @KILLBANDS:

pls tell me how when you can parry during flinch?

Well he will have a point when the beta patch release, but still not really.

• @Huggles:

Well he will have a point when the beta patch release, but still not really.

That was reverted.

It’s just another one of his copy paste reasons that don’t make any sense.

• i don’t think TB is lazy necessarily, maybe they are but… think about it. Every time we want something changed, we get it sometimes… then all of a sudden we want it reverted. The problem is none of us can make up their minds. In a game like chivalry, every change you make seem to affect something else. Changing a timing on one weapon and someone over here cries oh it’s shit now or oh it’s OP now. Plus it would require a lot of testing and feedback constantly changing things and it would just take MORE and MORE time… and we know how impatient our community is when it comes to this shit.

Everyone just argues over what is best all the time and there is never a consensus on anything. Why would they put themselves through the headache? I probably wouldn’t want to.

I would like TB to make their own twitch stream or something, and take some Q&A with us and talk about their thought process and take ideas from all of us man. I would be there in a heartbeat. I think they might be shy or something. Even a constructive talk with community in a big teamspeak or mumble would be great. Maybe even a AMA on reddit lol. ATBSA - Ask TBS Anything

• @rumpelstiltskin:

torn banner wants flinch to be consistent, i cant think of any other reason not to use invidual flinch timers

more like 2012

Wait…. What? Flinch is consistent? Bwahahaha.

• This post is deleted!