A Forest map!

• It’s live!

Now available on workshop!

Map modes: Last team standing, Team deathmatch and Free-For-All.

Map features:

• A lush green environment filled with trees, bushes and flowers!
    • Lake and a pond.
    • Medieval forest fight experience.
    • Large old fort ruins.
    • Secret wooden cow :)
    • And a bonus cave!

Please report any bugs!

To enjoy the map to the fullest I recommend turning ON these settings before playing:

• Dynamic lightning.
    • Foliage: High.
    • Lightshafts.

Newest screenshots:

Old screenshots:

• Looking good. Ah i have to add more green to my map^^

What about a nice river?
    And maybe one area with really high grass for hide and seek action?

• Looks great! Not enough forests in chiv, this could be alright for classic duel too.

• Fuck, that’s beautiful!
    Would turn on foliage for this map!

• Foliage! Foliage everywhere!

• This looks really nice! Looks like people can hide in the bushes and ambush their enemies. You could maybe add a little stream somewhere? What about a small cave with a bear in it!

• Looks really, really good.

I really doubt the fps is at a stable place, though.
    Could you show a picture of the map on the lowest settings possible? See if it still keeps its original charm at that point.

• Looking mighty sexy, looking forward to seeing more!
    I also would like to see a stream or creek bed of some sort :)

• @KingJoff:

Looking good. Ah i have to add more green to my map^^

What about a nice river?
    And maybe one area with really high grass for hide and seek action?

There are two ponds on the map, one of them is a swamp. Don’t know yet if a river will fit there. ;)

There are and will be many bushes and shrubs where you can easily hide.

@Evilsouls:

Looks great! Not enough forests in chiv, this could be alright for classic duel too.

Classic duel was the reason I started making this map, to be honest.

@Lucas:

Foliage! Foliage everywhere!

Flooding the world with it, at the moment! >:-)

@Rickvs:

Looks really, really good.

I really doubt the fps is at a stable place, though.
    Could you show a picture of the map on the lowest settings possible? See if it still keeps its original charm at that point.

I’ll post a screenshot with low settings a bit later. FPS is pretty stable (for me at least) - 90 FPS in game. Lots of optimization will be done so no worries ;).

@Otreum:

Looking mighty sexy, looking forward to seeing more!
    I also would like to see a stream or creek bed of some sort :)

I’m on it! :P

• looks better than skyrim gj

• Ok so i did a test for Rickvs. Each screenshots is made after chaning the settings + map restart.

Performance test #1 - Everyting on High settings. [Result = ~80 FPS]

Performance test #2 - Everyting on Low settings. [Result = 120 FPS]

Performance test #3 - Everything on Low settings, except Foliage which is set to High. [Result = 120 FPS]

Performance test #4 - Everything on Low settings, exept Foliage on high and Dynamic lightning (ON). [Result = ~95+ FPS]

Note also that this is still a very early version of this map. There is none optimization work done yet!

• And its on your crap pc ;)

• Nah that was done on the better one, but I will do a final test on the “hamster-powered, potato pentium wooden pc” later.

• looks beautiful :)

• Great job! Did you place the trees manually or through foliage tool?

• @Ferum:

Great job! Did you place the trees manually or through foliage tool?

Thanks!

Background trees (aka the cardboard ones), are placed with the foliage tool, rest is just placed manually.

• Reminds me of an old map I made in hammer SDK, if I remember right it went through 3 multi-day stages of completion and after I finished I couldn’t get it to render lol. I eventually gave up on it. This looks much better than mine though. For a guy with anus in your name you sure get shit done. Hue.

Anyway my suggestion is make 2 small ruined towers connected by a wooden bridge, one has 3 walls the other 2 with a window in one. One has stairs on the inside going to the second level, the other is accessible by climbing rubble on the outside like a ramp. Would look cinematic and could make some fun melee engagements/archer nest. Also maybe a large open cave underground that’s accessible from either end if the map by small tunnels. Ammo boxes a must if it’s ffa duel or tdm, and maybe a health fountain if you know how to make one. Anyway sweet map, I’ve been wanting a nature-themed map like this for a while. Maybe think about a secret room with a ballista or catapult in it.

• @Oy:

This looks much better than mine though. For a guy with anus in your name you sure get shit done. Hue.

Thanks m8.

These are all fun suggestions. I have something similar to (“2 small ruined towers connected via bridge”) planned already. I want to keep the map small for now tho as it is very easy to get yourself lost in there! :>

I will post updates as soon as I will get back to working on the map.

• Looks nice, even on potato settings.

Perfect FFA (duel) or LTS map.

• Please make a TO version of this map and call it Light Forest.