Why am I banned from my own server???

• So for some reason I ended up banned from one of my servers. It gives my the “your IP has been session banned” message or however it goes. Its the temp ban notice. But I’ve been banned from it for days.

Worst thing is I’m not in the banlist of that server so I can’t unban myself at all.

Wtf??

• Weird. Rebooting server does nothing?

• Does nothing and it restarts everyday at 4am anyway.

• This post is deleted!

• Huggles post disappeared.

• @lemonater47:

Huggles post disappeared.

Funny because it wasn’t a joke. Moderators just bein dumb. Daddymanfuckpants is a known hacker and Ddoser. Particularly in the chivalry community.

• huggles: don’t thread derail with pointless nonsense.

@OP: your config bans will look like:
    Bans=(DurationSeconds=60,EnactedTime=(Year=2014,Month=8,DayOfWeek=1,Day=11,Hour=19,Min=30,Sec=15,MSec=642),IPPolicy=“DENY,########”,NetId=(Uid=(A=#########,B=17825793)),PlayerName="=SM= Monkeyfiend",Reason=“None specified”,NetIDAsString="#########")

have a look further up in [Engine.AccessControl] to see if there are any bans in this format:

IPPolicies=DENY,
    BannedIDs=(Uid=(A=#########,B=17825793))

If you think you might be featured here, stop the server, download the config, remove the offending section, upload and restart.
    (Uploading edited configs on a running server isn’t a good idea)

If you don’t know if the A= bit is you, Tis a ballache but here’s how you find the profiles:

a ban will look like this: BannedIDs=(Uid=(A=93718262,B=17825793))
    The A= number is what were interested in. If it’s even, divide it by 2. If it’s odd -1 then divide it by two
    If the original was even the steam id will be STEAM_0:0:(A/2)
    If the original was odd the steam id will be STEAM_0:1:((A-1)/2)

You can then plug this into:

http://steamidfinder.com/

• I was just about to copy paste a config from a similar server over top of this one to see if that worked. And just change the name and the ports.

But yeah I looked through the bans at the bottom And didn’t see myself that’s all the global bans we apply across all the servers. But I’ll have a look in the place you said.

If worst comes to worst I’ll just copy another config that’s been set up pretty much exactly the same and paste it over top.

I’m an admin for GON we have 14MW servers 1 beta server and 5 deadliest warrior servers lol. Largest provider in Oceania. We use TCAdmin to manage our servers. I’ve been doing bans before bans were even in that format lol. If you look in the thread asking how to ban people I posted that exact same guide lol. http://forums.tornbanner.com/showthread.php/21290-Banning-someone-who-isn-t-currently-in-the-server

• My friend had this too when he rent his own server, it had smth to do with the config of the server auto banning high pingers.

• @Yggr:

My friend had this too when he rent his own server, it had smth to do with the config of the server auto banning high pingers.

Autobanning high pingers fuck. I had my suspicions. Anyone who spiked is now bloody perma banned from some of our servers.

• I recall he was able to fix it tho.

• @Yggr:

I recall he was able to fix it tho.

How did he fix it?

• I dont know, he was with someone else who also had access to the server, i can ask him when he comes online.

• @MonkeyFiend:

huggles: don’t thread derail with pointless nonsense.

]

Pointless nonsense? Just shedding light upon someone who hacked our TS twice and changed our server password.

• Well shit lol.

That’s all who are banned under engine access control. I can’t scroll up as that’s where the admin password is lol. But the ping kick has been busy. Yes I’m doing all this on an iPhone.

I found me. I’m the bottom on that damn list there. 47167842. Bloody brilliant. Thank you Monkey.

• @Huggles:

Pointless nonsense? Just shedding light upon someone who hacked our TS twice and changed our server password.

Forgive for my cynicism, but either you’ve posted some random offensive name just as an excuse to post what you consider a humorous name or the other possibility; this person does exist in which case you’re posting unproven, unsubstantiated claims against a random person.

Whichever of these options prove correct they would still be against the rules but moreso are irrelevant to the legitimate topic.

@OP: the bans for high ping should still appear in the configs like a normal ban though

[Edit: nm, you beat me to it. Glad to hear it’s sorted though]

• Well only 1 of those Steam ids matched anything on our global banlist and that was for something last year for a short 2 week ban. The rest of them aren’t even Australian/NZ but from other parts of the world. So really it seems like the high ping bans are getting stored there.

• @lemonater47:

Well only 1 of those Steam ids matched anything on our global banlist and that was for something last year for a short 2 week ban. The rest of them aren’t even Australian/NZ but from other parts of the world. So really it seems like the high ping bans are getting stored there.

btw if memory serves the very very old bans used to take that format, I know some of the SM bans from early 2013 appear in that section. I replied to your other thread regarding setting iSecondsToKickForPingLimit=0 to something more reasonable like 900 or something

• The only perm bans I have in my config are the ones I’ve done manually.

• This post is deleted!