Less Low Rank Servers

• I was the strongest proponent for low rank servers. I was happy they were brought in. I think they are less needed now.
    Yes, we still have sale nubs so keep a few but, seriously, GIVE ME MY ONE DECENT CENTRAL 32P SERVER BACK DAMMIT.

• Told you so.

• I had to unignore your post which always feels icky. And it did.

Don’t blame me, I said 2 servers in each area. Who knew they’d blow the whole works up?

• Meh I was against the whole thing. Then again I didn’t think they were gonna make half of their servers low rank lol.

Well now there is only 2 low ranks for Oceania.

• It’s this thread again. There needs to be fewer. Why is it taking so long for it to happen? 2-3 in each region at most.

I had a really hard time finding a server tonight, nothing but green everywhere.

• i say instead of making less of them, just convert some of them to ‘intermediate’ servers.

My suggestion, make a few in each region to 0-35 or 0-40. Why 0-35 or 0-40 as opposed to 15-35 or 15-40 you ask?

Welllll, because then the players that just want to get right in there with experienced players and don’t want to have to learn from the other slashers can, but if they want to they still have the option to play in the 0-15 OR the 0-35 servers.

Just convert some of them to intermediate servers.

Also, what we can also do as a community is to just support some of the other servers out there like MY server for example :D
    There are plenty of community servers out there that people can start up and play on and have a good time, but we’re all just trying to play on official servers only? Why is that? Be proactive and go into an empty server, invite some friends and get more people to join it. You’re not REQUIRED to play on official servers only, and plenty of servers are vanilla just like the official ones, and MAY even be hosted by better server providers (ahem).

• @50ShadesofClay:

i say instead of making less of them, just convert some of them to ‘intermediate’ servers.

My suggestion, make a few in each region to 0-35 or 0-40. Why 0-35 or 0-40 as opposed to 15-35 or 15-40 you ask?

Welllll, because then the players that just want to get right in there with experienced players and don’t want to have to learn from the other slashers can, but if they want to they still have the option to play in the 0-15 OR the 0-35 servers.

Also, what we can also do as a community is to just support some of the other servers out there like MY server for example :D
    There are plenty of community servers out there that people can start up and play on and have a good time, but we’re all just trying to play on official servers only? Why is that? Be proactive and go into an empty server, invite some friends and get more people to join it. You’re not REQUIRED to play on official servers only, and plenty of servers are vanilla just like the official ones, and MAY even be hosted by better server providers (ahem).

Screw the corporate media mate! You’re obviously fascist with no other desire than to see your server populated! Next you’ll only let blue eyes, blonde, white people join! Then you’ll try to steal my thoughts! I WONT HAVE IT SIR. You won’t steal my thoughts!

Sometimes you gotta be a bit proactive

• That hat makes me angry man. If I see you in the streets with that hat on I will liver kick you.

• i also mentioned there are a lot of community servers out there. I didn’t even do a shameless plug, just a slight mention that i do have an east coast TO server named Clay’s Pub hosted by simrai servers and that you can currently find it in a server browser near you.

but that’s all i said man.

• Some assembly required batteries.not included warranty void if opened.

• @Oy:

That hat makes me angry man. If I see you in the streets with that hat on I will liver kick you.

Why can’t you just be euphoric mannnn

• @Huggles:

Why can’t you just be euphoric mannnn

I tried having fun once. It was horrible. I had nothing to hate.

• @50ShadesofClay:

i say instead of making less of them, just convert some of them to ‘intermediate’ servers.

We don’t need to split the community even more, it’ll be -even harder- for us 50+ ranks to find any servers. I can’t just join an empty server because no one wants to join with a high rank good player, everyone rage quits instantly. And I just want to play around my schedule, not be only able to play when my friends are on and feel like populating an empty server. Even then it’s rare that would work due to how high level and skilled we all are. The only hope we have is to join an already populated server and play until they rage quit.

• but it actually wouldn’t pull the community apart more, it would bring it together a bit more. I didn’t suggest to ADD new intermediate servers, i said to change SOME of the existing low rank servers to intermediate. And with the 0-35 rank people that just start to people that have been playing a while will both be together. There’d still be the same amount of low-intermediate servers total… it would change nothing about splitting the community with this method.

If people don’t want to play with high ranks there’s nothing we can really do about that.

• @50ShadesofClay:

but it actually wouldn’t pull the community apart more, it would bring it together a bit more. I didn’t suggest to ADD new intermediate servers, i said to change SOME of the existing low rank servers to intermediate. And with the 0-35 rank people that just start to people that have been playing a while will both be together. There’d still be the same amount of low-intermediate servers total… it would change nothing about splitting the community with this method.

If people don’t want to play with high ranks there’s nothing we can really do about that.

It’ll split even more because that means I can’t play against the 0-15s, and then I wouldn’t be able to play against the 0-35s either. I’m stuck with the handful of 36+ which means even fewer available servers for me since the majority of people populating servers are 40-. The only servers that would ever be available are FFA. :/

Just force them to play against high ranks. This is a skill based game, not an unlock/grind game. I would understand if being high rank gave access to stuff you couldn’t have otherwise, but it’s not. It sounds like I hear someone every day say “Hitting rank 16 was the worst thing that ever happened to me” and then they leave, never to play again. If those low ranks weren’t so prevalent, they wouldn’t have that false impression and would stick around longer. There are some people out there that, yes, would probably leave if there wasn’t any low rank servers, and I agree there should be some. But having 0-35 is just going to make it even harder for us to find any 24p/32p TO servers.

• @50ShadesofClay:

NO. 0-15 is enough as it is. We don’t need more catering to the scrubs; 0-15 they can learn the basics, the rest of the learning is by getting their face wrecked by higher levels. Otherwise they think they’ve learned all there is and anyone who drags/etc is a fuckin hacker.

• Fewer low rank servers would be nice.

• well, that’s one way of looking at it SOC, you’re looking at it in a pessimistic way. my optimistic way is that it wouldn’t limit you to 36+ers only because not all of them are going to go from low rank to intermediate, there are plenty of low ranks and mid ranks as it is that’ll play on any server and willing to learn. Those are the kind of people that will stay around anyway. Most of the people that stay in this game anyhow are the ones that WANT to learn the game and get better. If they don’t stay because they can’t lmb around with noobs than they probably wouldn’t stay anyway. They might as well go play with bots if that’s the case.

• there are plenty of low ranks and mid ranks as it is that’ll play on any server and willing to learn.

No, there won’t. Your idea is terrible. SOC is right.

• Who in his right mind would spend hundreds of hours trying to get better at a video game?…not a casual that’s for sure. They don’t want to learn, just look at the amount of full green servers!. I’ve seen this happen so many times in savage/savage XR, out of 3000 casul noobs only 1 or 2 stay for the long run, thanks god chivalry is more forgiving than savage.

Please reduce the amount of green servers, it’s way too hard to find a decent server that isn’t full.