FPS drops to extremely low while in combat. Bought the game and I can't even play.

• What the title says. I just bought the game from steam, and whenever I look at more than 5 players at a time, my frames per second drop to like 15 which makes the game unplayable. I haven’t even been able to play a single decent match yet.

What gives? I’ve installed like 3 fps configs (Edit ini files to unlock framerate, downgrade the graphics to beyond shitty, change some number to 3, I don’t remember what it was), I’ve downed the graphics to absolute minimum from configuration, and all these in combination got me:

A WHOPING 3 FRAMES PER SECOND BOOST!

What gives? I can run Fallout 3, New Vegas, Dishonored and skyrim with med-high graphics and get above 70 fps constant, you’d except that with a game like C:MD I would get a solid 70 at the very least.

I can’t even join to see how most gamemodes run with that kind of lag.

The only thing I’ve been able to actually play is free for all arena with 6 players total in the map (cmd: the ultimate experience).

What gives?

My specs:

Windows 8
    CPU:Intel core i7
    Memory: 8192mb RAMCard:
    GPU: Intel hd graphics 4000 NOT,I AM SORRY, I MADE A MISTAKE, MY GRAPHICS CARD IS ACTUALLY AN NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M

• This game is made with the UDK. It’s not the newest engine and Chivalry is known to have problems with using more than 1 CPU core making it work randomly on high-end pc’s.

Can you share more about your CPU specs? (Stats)

Also I see that you are using a notebook (cause of your graphics “card”), they are not really for gaming :s
    I’m not really an expert but I’ll try to help you find the culprit in your setup.

• It’s not really a notebook, more of a gaming laptop.

It can run a lot of games flawlestly ( As I stated earlier) and with the exception of wolfenstain, no other game has ever caused me trouble before.

Also, what more imformation about my cpu do you want and where can I find it? That’s all I could find in directX diagnosis tool.

• It isn’t a notebook, it’s a gaming laptop, and so far I never had any gaming related disappoiments with it, which came to me as a surprise today.
    Anyway, what other information do you want? That’s all directX diagnosys tool had.

• Your CPU specifications (which model, frequency etc.).

• Is that what you mean?

Intel® Core™ i7-3610QM CPU @ 2.30GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.3GHz

• Is your only gpu the intel 4000 or do you have an nvidia/amd gpu also?Mby the problem is that you’re using the intel 4000 to play.

• Yes this is what I mean.

So yeah I see the problem. As I said earlier, Chivalry somehow doesn’t like to use more than 1-2 cores, and 2.30 GHZ per core is very low in this case.

Your CPU is pretty good, but its just that Chivalry doesn’t know how to use your CPU to the fullest, if it did you wouldn’t have any problems. That is why other games run pretty smooth for you, while chiv struggles with fps.

I use i5-2500k set to 3.7 GHZ (4 cores) and it always runs with 90fps and 120 on singleplayer.

If it is possible, maybe try to overclocking your CPU? I don’t have any other solution to this. Any processor, even singlecore with higher frequency would run better. But again I’m not an expert :s

EDIT: I’ve just read that you can TurboBoost your CPU to 3.3 GHZ. Try that if possible of course!

• I don’t think you can call a laptop a “gaming laptop” if it doesn’t have a dedicated graphic card.

• @Vesanus:

Yes this is what I mean.

So yeah I see the problem. As I said earlier, Chivalry somehow doesn’t like to use more than 1-2 cores, and 2.30 GHZ per core is very low in this case.

Your CPU is pretty good, but its just that Chivalry doesn’t know how to use your CPU to the fullest, if it did you wouldn’t have any problems. That is why other games run pretty smooth for you, while chiv struggles with fps.

I use i5-2500k set to 3.7 GHZ (4 cores) and it always runs with 90fps and 120 on singleplayer.

If it is possible, maybe try to overclocking your CPU? I don’t have any other solution to this. Any processor, even singlecore with higher frequency would run better. But again I’m not an expert :s

EDIT: I’ve just read that you can TurboBoost your CPU to 3.3 GHZ. Try that if possible of course!

I’ll try it, I’ll let you know the results once I do.

• @ChuckingIt:

I don’t think you can call a laptop a “gaming laptop” if it doesn’t have a dedicated graphic card.

Generally, I call gaming “xxxx” anything that can run AssCreed with more than 70 fps on high settings.

• @Ellthan:

Generally, I call gaming “xxxx” anything that can run AssCreed with more than 70 fps on high settings.

Your Graphics card is not really capable of running the game well unfortunately.

• Yeah, it turns the game to a somewhat playable state, but now that I come to think about it, do I really want to overclock my CPU, whenever I want to play the game? There is the danger of it getting fried, and it isn’t like my sessions are small either. Now that I’m on vacation they can get upto 5-6 hours.

@DaGGyzo:

Your Graphics card is not really capable of running the game well unfortunately.

Are there any plans, or at least, what are the chances of ever being plans to get multicore support?
    If there are, I can wait, if there aren’t I will try to get a refund (If I remember correctly, steams gives refunds for games with technical problems that are unfixable), because as it is now, the game is barely playable for me.

• What you have: SCORE: 456
    http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/video_lookup.php?gpu=Intel+HD+4000&id=2

What you need minimum: SCORE: 757
    http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/video_lookup.php?gpu=GeForce+8800+GT&id=1279

You are well below the minimum specs. This is not TBS’s fault. They have their requirements listed. You need a real gaming anything to play this game.

In case you wonder what I get.

SCORE: 3019
    http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/video_lookup.php?gpu=Radeon+HD+7790&id=2502

• @ChuckingIt:

Whatridiculously SCORE: 456
    http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/video_lookup.php?gpu=Intel+HD+4000&id=2

What you need minimum: SCORE: 757
    http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/video_lookup.php?gpu=GeForce+8800+GT&id=1279

You are well below the minimum specs. This is not TBS’s fault. They have their requirements listed. You need a real gaming anything to play this game.

In case you wonder what I get.

SCORE: 3019
    http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/video_lookup.php?gpu=Radeon+HD+7790&id=2502

In this case the standard is ridiculusly high. If I can run Dishonored at max settings and get 60+ fps, common sense dictates I should get 50+ in cmd with minimum.

• Yeah, guys, I’m dumb and I’m sorry, my laptop has 2 graphics cards and I forgot to mention the external one, my actual graphics card is an NVIDIA GeForce GT640M.

• Then set the game to run with GT640M instead of hd4000, you have what they call nvidia optimus you can set applications to either run using the nvidia card or the intel one.If you right-click on an aplication shortcut you can set witch gpu he uses for that application or you can set it up on the nvidia control panel.

• @Ellthan:

Yeah, guys, I’m dumb and I’m sorry, my laptop has 2 graphics cards and I forgot to mention the external one, my actual graphics card is an NVIDIA GeForce GT640M.

New Score: 1023
    http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/video_lookup.php?gpu=GeForce+GT+640M&id=2147

Congrats, that is gaming laptop. And as Zhnu said. You might be using the intel GPU because of that switchable graphics bs thing. Makes sure the right card is being used.

• @zhnu:

Then set the game to run with GT640M instead of hd4000, you have what they call nvidia optimus you can set applications to either run using the nvidia card or the intel one.If you right-click on an aplication shortcut you can set witch gpu he uses for that application or you can set it up on the nvidia control panel.

@ChuckingIt:

New Score: 1023
    http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/video_lookup.php?gpu=GeForce+GT+640M&id=2147

Congrats, that is gaming laptop.

:D

And as Zhnu said. You might be using the intel GPU because of that switchable graphics bs thing. Makes sure the right card is being used.

Tried that out. It now uses the correct card (it didn’t before) it still lags like hell. What else can I try?

• Your CPU is actually shite. You got to fully over clock that. It’s 2.3GHz minimum is 2.4GHz. This game doesn’t give a crap about cores.