Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Patch 29 (Battle for Balance)

• Battle for Balance

This is a balance patch to increase enjoyment in both the Competitive level of play and the Casual level of play. We decided to make a patch that doesn’t drastically change every aspect of combat and see what the effects are with a chance for iteration.

General Balances (Affects all Classes)

• Flinch time increased from 0.8 to 0.9 for all 2-handed weapons
    • All minimum windup speed increased to 0.4

Archer Balances** - The Archer class has been slightly reworked **

• Archers no longer have an added backstab damage bonus when attacking from behind
    • Bolts, Arrows and Stones no longer flinch players. Instead they will remove the sprint state from players hit

New**

• Introducing the New Mason Marauder and Agatha Arbiter Vanguard Skins ($4.99 each)
    • Each skin comes with a new helmet
    • Map Contest Creators are awarded with the Cartographer Peasant Hat

Changes

• Tournament mode added

• Set bTournamentMode=true in _Game.ini under AOC.AOCGame
      • or, start the server with ?tournament on the URL
      • or, “admintournamentmode” console command to restart current map in or out of tournament mode
      • Follow the in-game instructions
    • Tournament mode does:

• Enable ready-up
      • Disable team damage spawn penalty
      • Disable ping kick
      • Disable auto-balance
      • Enable admin pause
    • Auto balance now selects from a threshold of the 1/5th most recently joined players on death

Fixes**

• Removed first person fire particles
    • Fixed sprinting players being flinched in release stage
    • Fixed ripostes after a kicking only dealing kick damage
    • Returned Catapult projectile cam
    • Knights can now wield all shield types with the flail
    • Firepots no longer flinch targets hit
    • Loadout can no longer be changed on the fly in specified location in the Arena FFA map
    • Friendly fire penalty is now a server side option. (Default On)
    • Fixed “Fire Nemesis”, “Fire Starter”, “Sands of Time” achievement (Removed “Just a Flesh wound”)
    • Fixed Javelin always appearing in archer’s back
    • Fixed Score failing to update when players join matches in progress
    • Fixed floating weapons in Arena
    • Ammo box Icons now appear on Mason team
    • Becoming king no longer counts as a death
    • Selecting random in class select now randomizes your weapon loadout as well
    • Coldfront Optimizations (Visual blockers and reduced npc time in each area)
    • Only admins have access to Remote Events
    • Added Platform to Catapult to prevent sinking into the Landscape on exit on Coldfront.
    • Coldfront Balance (Increased Health on Drawbridge in Coldfront from 20000 to 30000)
    • Update to the uploader - Added the Curated Workshops for users to upload Weapon, Helmet skins and more…)

• oh already out! can’t wait to test it

• Wheres the rest?

• I wish you would remove

Fixed sprinting players being flinched in release stage

from the patch
    the amount of hit tading it caused in beta was to much.
    Also the slow one handers like the Heavy Flail should be buffed to 0,9 flinch too

• What a ninja edit! I was going to correct your siege weapons change from 300 to 600 second re spawn on Coldfront since it was reverted, but you removed it. Well played sir!

Also great patch. Look forward to further balancing after we assess these changes.

Archer Balances - The Archer class has been slightly reworked **

• Archers no longer have an added backstab damage bonus when attacking from behind
    • Bolts, Arrows and Stones no longer flinch players. Instead they will remove the sprint state from players hit

Should say “The archer class has been made useless because of all the whining baddies that don’t understand what a shield does”

So what are archers going to get in exchange for having their “class special” removed? Nothing? Time to uninstall.**

• I love everything about this entire post.

• @Surfaced:

So what are archers going to get in exchange for having their “class special” removed? Nothing? Time to uninstall.

The class was OP, its about time. If LOS, who mains Jav for 1500 hours is completely fine with this change, then I don’t feel bad at all for loving it.

• @ChuckingIt:

The class was OP, its about time. If LOS, who mains Jav for 1500 hours is completely fine with this change, then I don’t feel bad at all for loving it.

Javelin is one thing, it 1 shots everything at range, and you dont need the backstab bonus cuz u get a shield… It is however essential for all the other archers melee load outs. And 1500 hours of bot farming doesn’t mean you’re good/know what you’re talking about.

• @Surfaced:

Time to uninstall.

Another archer bites the dust. Made my day.

• new skins are aweosme!
    but dat archy nerf though :(

• I’m really happy with this patch. The weapons hugely nerfed by .4 windup will be buffed over time I’m sure, like the flanged mace. I love these vanguard skins, just in time for Stronghold Crusader 2. Flinch in release finally being fixed, no more fire pot flinching, archer nerfs, MaA nerfs, catapult cam, Cold Front optimization and buff to defense, this is a fantastic patch.

Time to find all the new bugs notoriously added with every Chivalry patch now that it’s in the hands of thousands of players. :P

• I’m a little disappointed that Archers can’t flinch anymore.

Now their only use is throwing mauls across the map. They can barely support anymore besides just being pure ranged DPS.

• @PeanutReaper486:

I’m a little disappointed that Archers can’t flinch anymore.

Now their only use is throwing mauls across the map. They can barely support anymore besides just being pure ranged DPS.

Exactly, and we get nothing in return to make up for it. Hell we can’t even run in and melee effectively anymore.

• Exactly, keep archer flinch, but nerf their global range torso/leg damage by 50-60%

Thanks tbs, no problem, your welcome.

• @Surfaced:

Hell we can’t even run in and melee effectively anymore.

Good, because archers shouldn’t do that.

Great patch TBS, I don’t see any weapon changes, but taking things slow is safer.

• @Surfaced:

Javelin is one thing, it 1 shots everything at range, and you dont need the backstab bonus cuz u get a shield… It is however essential for all the other archers melee load outs. And 1500 hours of bot farming doesn’t mean you’re good/know what you’re talking about.

I thought you were being serious. Didn’t know you were trolling, but with a response like that you made it clear for me. My bad, my sarcasm detector must be low. Thanks for the clarification!

• Mod

@Surfaced:

Exactly, and we get nothing in return to make up for it. Hell we can’t even run in and melee effectively anymore.

Archers were way too good in melee before, and you can still wax people from across the map and they can’t do anything about it.

• I’m glad that you’re taking the slow approach. Eager to see more.

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.