Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Patch 29 (Battle for Balance)

• Archer nerf makes me sad, take backstab away but no projectile flinch means shortbow and sling are now useless. Archer nerf will only promote more “sniping arching” with warbow/xbow cause there is no reason to be a support archer anymore without projectile flinch. A solution to this would to bring back projectile flinch but dont have it flinch players mid-parry. Flinch time increase to .9 is going to just re-enforce the hit trade meta that came about in the last patch, which is something nobody wants.

Please fix this. I played the beta and it was bad. I gave feedback as did many others on the changes that should be made but the devs didnt listen.

0/10, please fix in next patch or I just wasted 1,000 hours getting good at a game to have the devs break it for like the millionth time now.

I know this post is really harsh but this has happened so many times in the short time this game has been out.

• @BillDoor:

Be interesting to see what this actually does. Somebody on the development team REALLY doesn’t like archers.
    The Archer class has been slightly reworked **
    Just slightly, eh.

Yes m8 clearly torn banner hate archers thats the reason

@Wi11:

Archer nerf makes me sad, take backstab away but no projectile flinch means shortbow and sling are now useless. Archer nerf will only promote more “sniping arching” with warbow/xbow cause there is no reason to be a support archer anymore without projectile flinch. A solution to this would to bring back projectile flinch but dont have it flinch players mid-parry. Flinch time increase to .9 is going to just re-enforce the hit trade meta that came about in the last patch, which is something nobody wants.

Please fix this. I played the beta and it was bad. I gave feedback as did many others on the changes that should be made but the devs didnt listen.

0/10, please fix in next patch or I just wasted 1,000 hours getting good at a game to have the devs break it for like the millionth time now.

I know this post is really harsh but this has happened so many times in the short time this game has been out.

“Flinch time increase to .9 is going to just re-enforce the hit trade meta that came about in the last patch”
    You have no clue. With .9 flinch theres gonna be less hit trading.

• This thread says the new skins are $4.99 each, but in game it says they are $7.99. Which is it supposed to be?

• @rumpelstiltskin:

Great patch! <3

If you added first person death cam, I’d be sooooooooooo happy.

• @PeanutReaper486:

What’s special about the Knight again? Something about stamina.

I think the Knight have decreased stamina drain on parries. Someone who actually plays Knight may be more sure of this question then I am.

• @Altaïr:

I think the Knight have decreased stamina drain on parries.

Nope, he doesn’t. Knight has no special ability.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

Nope, he doesn’t. Knight has no special ability.

From wayyyy back in the day. The “special ability” of knights were their health pool. Even though there are plenty of attack combos which 2 shot knights. And a couple attacks which 1 shot.

• @ChuckingIt:

From wayyyy back in the day. The “special ability” of knights were their health pool. Even though there are plenty of attack combos which 2 shot knights. And a couple attacks which 1 shot.

bar a few exceptions most vg weps 3shot knights and a lot of knight weps 2shot vg

• @supervin1753:

This thread says the new skins are $4.99 each, but in game it says they are $7.99. Which is it supposed to be?

Supposed to be $5. I haven’t looked for myself yet.

• Longer Flinch times means you cant do anything for a longer amount of time, meaning you’re really going to want to get that hit off first to flinch your opponent for a chance to combo him for a quick kill. So yes, it will promote more hit-trades.

I played the beta, it was full of messer knights spamming lookdowns for flinches, which is the exact opposite of what everyone wants.

• @Wi11:

Longer Flinch times means you cant do anything for a longer amount of time

I wasn’t aware that flinch=stun.

• @KILLBANDS:

bar a few exceptions most vg weps 3shot knights and a lot of knight weps 2shot vg

Several of the more used weapons in Comp play can 2 shot with hits to the head. But I was more talking about different classes getting 2 attacks in. Like a Lead ball + brandistock overhead. Stuff like that.

• This post is deleted!

• Thanks so much for that autobalance change

• “Flinch time increased from 0.8 to 0.9 for all 2-handed weapons”

Soo those this mean people with two-handed weapons get flinched longer or the two-handed weapons CAUSE alonger flinch to those they hit? I guess the last one but I#m not sure lol

• @Peter:

“Flinch time increased from 0.8 to 0.9 for all 2-handed weapons”

Soo those this mean people with two-handed weapons get flinched longer or the two-handed weapons CAUSE alonger flinch to those they hit? I guess the last one but I#m not sure lol

two-handed weapons CAUSE alonger flinch to those they hit

• Knight’s passive is supposed to be that he doesn’t lose as much stamina when blocking stuff with shields.

• @Wi11:

Longer Flinch times means you cant do anything for a longer amount of time, meaning you’re really going to want to get that hit off first to flinch your opponent for a chance to combo him for a quick kill. So yes, it will promote more hit-trades.

I played the beta, it was full of messer knights spamming lookdowns for flinches, which is the exact opposite of what everyone wants.

When the beta was first released they had it so you couldn’t parry while you were flinched. They added parry while flinched back in a few days later so I think what you’re worried about is no longer an issue. .9 flinch just makes it much harder for someone to trade you while you’re mid combo after a successful hit. You’re still able to block you just can’t attack while flinched.

• OMG i cant believe you have finally done it Returned Catapult projectile cam i thought it never will be fixed finally after almost two years its done :)Thanks for that

• Returned Catapult projectile cam
    Finally after almost two years compare to a fact it shoud be in a game from the beginning