Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Patch 29 (Battle for Balance)

• Can anyone tell me if you can gift DLC through chiv?

• @KILLBANDS:

Can anyone tell me if you can gift DLC through chiv?

Sadly, you cannot.

• I do not like the archer update as it makes them have no advantage like the vanguard has and maa and knight have. Archers range is their advantage but how often they actually get a hit is low so this backstab is what they need to defend if they get attacked else it will take huge amounts of hits to kill the enemy ultimately making an archer solely use his bow which makes him ineffective when doing objectives and makes team hitting with range more occurring and also make them ultimately use bow more as they have nothing helping their chances to win like MaA has and knight and vanguard.

• This post is deleted!

• @DaGGyzo:

• Update to the uploader - Added the Curated Workshops for users to upload Weapon, Helmet skins and more…

So it’s going to be like dota2/tf2 now…. Chivalry Hats Warfare!

That’s pretty cool, actually… Hopefully it will bring life to the modding scene (if the % of the DLC $$ is fair).

• Happy with the update, I think Archers need the double damage at back but only in range hits.

“Map Contest Creators are awarded with the Cartographer Peasant Hat”

I searched ingame, but I can’t see the peasant hat, How can I use the hat?

• I cringed upon seeing the backstab being removed. I play the underdog class of Jav and it was always such a great and rare feeling to dodge those one hit kills delt by a charging vanguard to stab them in the back while they’re still in that drag, but I have faith in TB. Lets see how it all turns out.

• So when are the other classes special abilities going to be removed?

• @SlickStitch:

I do not like the archer update as it makes them have no advantage like the vanguard has and maa and knight have. Archers range is their advantage but how often they actually get a hit is low so this backstab is what they need to defend if they get attacked else it will take huge amounts of hits to kill the enemy ultimately making an archer solely use his bow which makes him ineffective when doing objectives and makes team hitting with range more occurring and also make them ultimately use bow more as they have nothing helping their chances to win like MaA has and knight and vanguard.

Ummmmm, no? Shortsword is easy and more than enough to defend yourself with. You’re complaining about archer being unbalanced because you can’t aim??? Nope, git gud. Only class that has carry over mechanics from any shooter and turns the tide of battle in any competitive scrim.

Besides, how often do you even get backstabs without it glitching behind the model when it’s not supposed to do that? If anything it’s for sneaking which rarely happens any hoot.

• @Camponês:

So it’s going to be like dota2/tf2 now…. Chivalry Hats Warfare!

That’s pretty cool, actually… Hopefully it will bring life to the modding scene (if the % of the DLC $$ is fair).

Let’s get this skin uploaded to the Workshop now!

• @Leafynoms:

So when are the other classes special abilities going to be removed?

yespls remov dodge

And definitely Vanguard charge. Finally, no more Rank 16’s charging into my back when we outnumber the enemy 4:1.

What’s special about the Knight again? Something about stamina.

• @PeanutReaper486:

yespls remov dodge

And definitely Vanguard charge. Finally, no more Rank 16’s charging into my back when we outnumber the enemy 4:1.

Being really slow, and able to be one shotted by archers.

• All dese archer tears. Gonna buy bardiche skin and give that thing some usage to celebrate. Ty based tbs.

• @ChuckingIt:

Being really slow, and able to be one shotted by archers.

From the description, it’s “courage and strength” or something like that.

• @swagfox:

From the description, it’s “courage and strength” or something like that.

FOR THE GLORY OF AGATH–heavyxbowOHKO.

So much courage for a dead man.

Edit: Xbow, not xbox. Xbox can’t OHKO shit.

• @PeanutReaper486:

Knight has no special ability.

• Be interesting to see what this actually does. Somebody on the development team REALLY doesn’t like archers.
    The Archer class has been slightly reworked **
    Just slightly, eh.

• Archer nerf makes me sad, take backstab away but no projectile flinch means shortbow and sling are now useless. Archer nerf will only promote more “sniping arching” with warbow/xbow cause there is no reason to be a support archer anymore without projectile flinch. A solution to this would to bring back projectile flinch but dont have it flinch players mid-parry. Flinch time increase to .9 is going to just re-enforce the hit trade meta that came about in the last patch, which is something nobody wants.

Please fix this. I played the beta and it was bad. I gave feedback as did many others on the changes that should be made but the devs didnt listen.

0/10, please fix in next patch or I just wasted 1,000 hours getting good at a game to have the devs break it for like the millionth time now.

I know this post is really harsh but this has happened so many times in the short time this game has been out.

• @BillDoor:

Be interesting to see what this actually does. Somebody on the development team REALLY doesn’t like archers.
    The Archer class has been slightly reworked **
    Just slightly, eh.

Yes m8 clearly torn banner hate archers thats the reason

@Wi11:

Archer nerf makes me sad, take backstab away but no projectile flinch means shortbow and sling are now useless. Archer nerf will only promote more “sniping arching” with warbow/xbow cause there is no reason to be a support archer anymore without projectile flinch. A solution to this would to bring back projectile flinch but dont have it flinch players mid-parry. Flinch time increase to .9 is going to just re-enforce the hit trade meta that came about in the last patch, which is something nobody wants.

Please fix this. I played the beta and it was bad. I gave feedback as did many others on the changes that should be made but the devs didnt listen.

0/10, please fix in next patch or I just wasted 1,000 hours getting good at a game to have the devs break it for like the millionth time now.

I know this post is really harsh but this has happened so many times in the short time this game has been out.

“Flinch time increase to .9 is going to just re-enforce the hit trade meta that came about in the last patch”
    You have no clue. With .9 flinch theres gonna be less hit trading.

• This thread says the new skins are $4.99 each, but in game it says they are $7.99. Which is it supposed to be?