Public Server Hogging

• The official servers are often the best and sometimes only places that are able to maintain a soild number of players(particularly the LTS ones).

However, I’ve found a frequent problem to be players gathering a group of friends on a public server and then vote kicking any new players that join preventing the server from growing.

This has happened to me countless time and especially on the 2v2 and 3v3 servers which I don’t even bother to join when playing by myself. However in this recent case I entered a server (Official LTS East) as it was happening to someone else and decided to take a screen.

I just wanted to post this here with the hopes of brining it to the attention of the devs so it can at some point be fixed.

I find that a lot of the time you see new players hijacking these servers because they want to play LTS but not with higher lvl players so maybe a potential solution could be disallowing vote kicks in the non low lvl servers to people under a certain rank.

Anyways, here is the screen.

• They fought the law and the law… Took a screenshot. Muricah! This happens to me quite frequently though. I join a server of 2-5 players, they’re usually all under rank 40. As soon as they see I’m 48 they votekick me. I tell them they can’t just take over public servers but it never does anything. All you can do is hope it doesn’t happen again, which it will. Don’t remember if it’s ever happened to me on an official server though, that would be a piss off.

• Hello!

We don’t allow people to lock out official servers so they can only play with their friends. If this happens to you again, please contact one of the mods on steam and we’ll take care of it.

To contact one of the mods, join our admin group (linked below) and jump in the chat. Usually a mod will be waiting in chat to help someone. If nobody is in the chat, feel free to add one of the moderators listed in the group to your friends and send us a message.

Steam Admin Group:
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/chivserveradmin

• I’m ready to be put back in coach! Catching those A holes was a guilty pleasure of mine!!

• I like how the players think that it’s ok to do it, how naive and selfish.
    The less players doing this, the better. I’ve had this occur a few times before when I just want a quick game to wind down after work, only to be kicked from a server and wound up even more -_- But just never reported as I just gave up on Chivalry after that (a while ago).

• @Otreum:

I like how the players think that it’s ok to do it, how naive and selfish.
    The less players doing this, the better. I’ve had this occur a few times before when I just want a quick game to wind down after work, only to be kicked from a server and wound up even more -_- But just never reported as I just gave up on Chivalry after that (a while ago).

Then you put 1,200 hours into the map competition lol.

• @lemonater47:

Then you put 1,200 hours into the map competition lol.

I had 10,000 reasons :P

• Yeah server hogging is a pain. The worst thing is they think they are allowed to do it. Its not their server they don’t pay for it. The get banned.

• Just got votekicked along with a few others, including Sikorsky on Games On Net #8 NSW Star Wars server.

Rather coincidental that this occurs so soon after I see this stuff here haha.

• Poongobbler. I’ll have a chat with him. He’s a new player but he’s on quite regularly. That’s an instant ban for votekick abuse.

http://games.on.net/contact/

Either a screenshot of the console with a getplayerinfo in the screenshot or a video of you getting his steam ID by bringing up the steam overlay. To record that though the game needs to be in borderless mode and your screen recorder has to be able to record your window not just in games.