Tournament mode a bit of a disappointment? What would you like to include in it?

• So tournament mode is a nice start but currently I don’t see it as a proper tournament mode, just a set of tools to make an individual scrim easier.

We could have used tournament mode to have a proper clan leader board, and also have it choose random clan matchups (with the option for clans to choose the time and date ofc) so that we could have a proper tournament.

Post your ideas about what you feel could be added/improved with the tournament mode.

• Just me then, that thinks more could have been done with this?

• That’s more work.

I’m sure they have some sort of matchmaking cooking in Chiv 2

• Well it would be nice to have more competitive support along with public announcements/updates so that more people know that comp chiv just about exists. Chiv 2 could be a year or two away if we even get it, so would be nice to get this in the current game too.

• I’m just glad and grateful they did something for competitive scene.

• ^ So am I, I just hope they add in more features.

• Yeah, I think it’s just a gradual change along with all the other changes in the patch.
    Maybe they’ll add on to it! W/L board?

• OK this leads me to my next Inquiry: Tournament Mode. Please write up a more detailed version of how it works, why to use it and if you can enable/disable the items.

• Tournament mode does:

• Enable ready-up
      • (ok wtf is the ready up? is that the old pre match warm up?)
      • Disable team damage spawn penalty
      • (sounds good, sort of. How long or how big of an area does that protect/last?)
      • Disable ping kick
      • (why on earth would I want to do that? I use the CHIV RCON Tool for remote admin and use the high ping kicker. Will this effect it? Can I toggle it on/off?)
      • Disable auto-balance
      • (is this by default? I like my auto balance as I have it set to check every 3 mins instead of every 60 secs.)
      • Enable admin pause
      • (I already have that enabled, did I miss something?)
    • Auto balance now selects from a threshold of the 1/5th most recently joined players on death (That is a better way of choosing)

• Tournament mode does:

• Enable ready-up
      • (ok wtf is the ready up? is that the old pre match warm up?)
      • You type “ready” and next to your name goes from “[NOT READY]” to “[READY]”. Once everyone is ready the map starts.
      • Disable team damage spawn penalty
      • (sounds good, sort of. How long or how big of an area does that protect/last?)
      • No, all this is is stops you from having a spawn penalty time when TKing. Like no more “5 seconds added to respawn time”
      • Disable ping kick
      • (why on earth would I want to do that? I use the CHIV RCON Tool for remote admin and use the high ping kicker. Will this effect it? Can I toggle it on/off?)
      • So no one in the scrim gets kicked for ping.
      • Disable auto-balance
      • (is this by default? I like my auto balance as I have it set to check every 3 mins instead of every 60 secs.)
      • Tournament mode is only meant for scrims and such. Not for public games.

• Retsnom, are you special?

On-topic to avoid infrak: Tourny mode is great. I don’t really see what else they could add to it.

• Up patch was released a few days ago. I havent really played in a week do to having an actual job, try it sometime. So the patch was totally new to me and the first I heard of it. There is minimal info about this in the patch notes so it is nice to have clarification as I thought it might have been a new game mode. We have never really had any problems with any of the changes above because I have my server tweaked already, thus the only problem ever is being kicked for high ping and I upped that to 120. Why would you want to scrim anyone with 120 ping anyway?

It would be nice if they actually gave us real admin instead of stupid shit like this. You still have to restart the server every time you make a change to the server like adding or removing a password.

So the only advantage is the ready up. and that you can start tournament mode from console without restarting the server. why can they not do that with other commands? They spent all that time on a new UI and they couldnt add more advanced admin commands?

• I work 7 days a week, and I thought tournament mode was pretty self explanatory. Not sure what relevance your point has.

Anyways, no-one have any other ideas about what TB could add to the tournament mode?

• @gndo:

Anyways, no-one have any other ideas about what TB could add to the tournament mode?

Not really for tournament mode specifically, but maybe revamp the spectator system. Fix first person spec so players can see what good players do in first person. I’m sure noobs would really enjoy seeing exactly what’s going on and would help them get better.

Then just revamp it so you can see what weapon everyone’s using and what their health/stamina is at. Kind of like the Natural Selection 2 and CS:GO spec systems.

• -Ingame clan support (tags like CS:GO and SOCOM, currently way too easy to pretend that you’re someone you aren’t).

-Better stream support & good spectator system that Noxin posted, put popular and tournament streams on the main menu.

-More communication with the competitive players (not everything needs to be super secretive), their closest link to the comp scene was Phyraxic and they “let her go”. An example of this was when FiR was figured out, countless threads were made and no dev comment to be seen.

• @Kim:

-Ingame clan support (tags like CS:GO and SOCOM, currently way too easy to pretend that you’re someone you aren’t).

-Better stream support & good spectator system that Noxin posted, put popular and tournament streams on the main menu.

-More communication with the competitive players (not everything needs to be super secretive), their closest link to the comp scene was Phyraxic and they “let her go”. An example of this was when FiR was figured out, countless threads were made and no dev comment to be seen.

All of this x1000.

• ^^ Agreed.

• So played a scrim with tournament mode on, a couple issues:

• You can’t see the yellow-green friendlist icons with tournament mode on it seems
    • The chat was going wild with the yellow help text, it should only show up in the not ready -phase
    • Can’t see kills or assists during not ready -phase, only deaths
    • The mode doesn’t restrict players to 1p
    • The mode doesn’t add 100% FF
    • The timer after everyone readies should be 5 seconds, not 15
    • Can’t unready I think, not sure
    • Still can’t see the timer counts during round, unrelated perhaps but this should be fixed, you can’t tell how much time you’ve spent total (there should also be a counter for that)

• @Monsteri:

So played a scrim with tournament mode on, a couple issues:

• You can’t see the yellow-green friendlist icons with tournament mode on it seems Well this clearly needs fixing.
    • The chat was going wild with the yellow help text, it should only show up in the not ready -phase
    • Can’t see kills or assists during not ready -phase, only deaths
    • The mode doesn’t restrict players to 1p This should be restricted on the server settings though, or does tournament mode override it?
    • The mode doesn’t add 100% FF This should be already on the server settings though, or does tournament mode override it?
    • Still can’t see the timer counts during round, unrelated perhaps but this should be fixed, you can’t tell how much time you’ve spent total (there should also be a counter for that)

10characters

• I haven’t tested but I don’t think it overrides, just that switching a server between competitive and pub would be much easier.

• @Monsteri:

• Can’t unready I think, not sure

You can toggle between [READY] and [NOT READY] by typing !ready again.

I haven’t tried this after the game has started, but I suggest pausing the game when someone types !ready again (to un-ready), assuming that’s not implemented yet.