Is messer OP? If so, what makes it OP?

• @Monsteri:

Your argument is “I can’t FtP!”

Yes i have seen many time that you couldnt Ftp, but now the Messerknight doesnt have to Ftp because he can just trade

• @TheFunnySide:

Yes i have seen many time that you couldnt Ftp, but now the Messerknight doesnt have to Ftp because he can just trade

You are the one who should be FtP’ing if you don’t want to trade with a Messer knght. Or you know, just backpedal out of his range.

• @Monsteri:

You are the one who should be FtP’ing if you don’t want to trade with a Messer knght. Or you know, just backpedal out of his range.

Yeah and this is the ballance shift in this patch. The best hit to kill weapon got a gigantic buff

• You are MaA. You always control the fight with a Messer knight, it’s your mistake if he manages to trade you. You already have all the advantage.

• Sow and LS have no glaring problems playing against anything but messer and are balanced in all those circumstances…

So with the messer being in problem in mind lets…

BUFF SOW BUFF LONGSWORD BUFF SOW BUFF LONGSWORD KNIGHTBOWL 2014 GET HYPE

its like you ******s don’t remember why they were nerfed to begin with

• @Monsteri:

You are MaA. You always control the fight with a Messer knight, it’s your mistake if he manages to trade you. You already have all the advantage.

Wait, that twat is maining MAA? No wonder he wants FiR back lel.

• @SOC:

So just nerf knight even more? Why? Do you know how many unviable weapons knights have? The messer isn’t OP. Longsword needs to be reverted, SoW needs slight buffs as well as just about every other knight weapon. Then you have knight secondaries that no one uses any more since MaA buffs, vanguard knock back, stamina drain, and no more forward chase.

I love how you talk like knight is some super weak under powered class with rubbish useless weapons. Perhaps you can’t play knight right in NA but it isn’t a problem for the EU knights who have no issues curb stomping each other and the other classes with its apparent array of “unviable weapons” (lmao). I’ve spent my entire playtime ingame as a knight and the only weapons I can think of that are “unviable” are the flails, warhammer and bearded axe. Longsword doesn’t need a buff and neither does sword of war they are both fine. Messer is basically an all in one weapon that can do everything just like greatsword. I don’t use my knight secondaries all the time just because they aren’t really my style, but the few times I do use them I do fine with them. Keep trying to use your mace against a man at arms and crying about it.
    However I do agree with your points about the vanguard knock back and stamina drain. This is something I have been having an issue with lately most notably against brandistock and zweihander.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

Wait, that twat is maining MAA? No wonder he wants FiR back lel.

I love your profile pic rumpel gg

• I think the knockback is worse than the stamina drain from VGs, I mean they are obviously supposed to deal the most damage, but when they knock you back like 2 meters you can’t do shit to get clsoe to them.

• @Xylvion:

I think the knockback is worse than the stamina drain from VGs, I mean they are obviously supposed to deal the most damage, but when they knock you back like 2 meters you can’t do shit to get clsoe to them.

I agree completely. I experience this mostly against zweihander and often against brandistock although I know other vanguard weapons can do it too. It doesn’t help that the knockback itself is also very inconsistent. Vanguard weapons already have the advantage of great range but the knockback can sometimes just make it a joke. It is even worse when fighting against the zweihander because of the stamina drain.

I would definitely like vanguard knockback and stamina drain to be looked into but that is a topic for another thread another time.

Back on track, messer is OP pls nerf tb.

• @Xylvion:

I think the knockback is worse than the stamina drain from VGs, I mean they are obviously supposed to deal the most damage, but when they knock you back like 2 meters you can’t do shit to get clsoe to them.

Also that knockback inconsistency on uneven terrain, vanguard can send you flying.

• The knockback of the larger weapons isn’t that much different from the smaller weapons, the thing is things like zwei and brandistock seem to have more knockback because they’re hitting you from further away thus the knockback seems so much more. An idea to alleviate this without giving them knockback at all (because they do need it when facehugging) would be to have maximum knockback at the start of release and less knockback at the end of release.

Although, that may not be entirely the problem. Another thing I’ve found is knockback sometimes does fuck all and then sometimes it makes you fly in all sorts of directions that are just illogical (doing an overhead randomly makes a guy knock back sideways, a slash knocking back someone in the opposite direction…). I think it’s just inconsistent.

• @KILLBANDS:

The knockback of the larger weapons isn’t that much different from the smaller weapons, the thing is things like zwei and brandistock seem to have more knockback because they’re hitting you from further away thus the knockback seems so much more. An idea to alleviate this without giving them knockback at all (because they do need it when facehugging) would be to have maximum knockback at the start of release and less knockback at the end of release.

Although, that may not be entirely the problem. Another thing I’ve found is knockback sometimes does fuck all and then sometimes it makes you fly in all sorts of directions that are just illogical (doing an overhead randomly makes a guy knock back sideways, a slash knocking back someone in the opposite direction…). I think it’s just inconsistent.

I can agree with that. There have been countless times when I’ve parried and been knocked to the side of somebody and they can’t parry my stab riposte because they’ve knocked me too far to the side and can’t turn and parry in time. This is another inconsistency. This happens alot with man at arms when they parry they get knocked to the side alot and stab riposte LEL unparryable le laughing man at arms feace xd

• I find it more funny then an allready in release maulknight gets knocked right into your face.
    In that case i dont even mind dieing

• I’d say the only viable knight weapons for scrims ofc (any weapon is viable in pub) are Messer and SoW. But yeah just nerf messer then you will want to nerf sow and there will only be crap weapons left for knight.

I’d much rather have more viable weapons for all classes than the current situation where we only have 1 or 2 viable weapons per class.

• @gndo:

I’d say the only viable knight weapons for scrims ofc (any weapon is viable in pub) are Messer and SoW. But yeah just nerf messer then you will want to nerf sow and there will only be crap weapons left for knight.

I’d much rather have more viable weapons for all classes than the current situation where we only have 1 or 2 viable weapons per class.

Of course those two are the only viable knight weapons because those two weapons are the easiest to abuse. Messer is an all in one weapon, the knights greatsword that can do almost everything better than its two counterparts. Sword of war stabs are fast and the feints are unreadable unless the circumstances are perfect which they almost never are. A big part of the reason these weapons are the only viable weapons in a scrim is because most of the knights you play against are using them! The knights in the scrim will use messer or sword of war and the vanguards will use greatsword.The only way to play on even footing is to play the same weapon against them which is horse shit. Where is the balance in that? I understand what you are saying and what some other people have said. It is a matter of the point of view at which you chose to look at things and there is the point of view that the other weapons simply aren’t strong enough and need to be buffed. But that wouldn’t work, each weapon should have a few particular strong points that make it good in that area an unique. Like sword of war has a weak slash but a good strong stab. Messer however in contrast is good at everything and if you wanted to buff the other weapons to be good at everything, the game would lack depth. Nerf messer. Perhaps look into sword of war stab and/or feints. Leave longsword as it is.

• @KILLBANDS:

its like you ******s don’t remember why they were nerfed to begin with

SoW needed slight nerfs but longsword never did.

@OBI-WAN:

I love how you talk like knight is some super weak under powered class with rubbish useless weapons. Perhaps you can’t play knight right in NA but it isn’t a problem for the EU knights who have no issues curb stomping each other and the other classes with its apparent array of “unviable weapons” (lmao). I’ve spent my entire playtime ingame as a knight and the only weapons I can think of that are “unviable” are the flails, warhammer and bearded axe. Longsword doesn’t need a buff and neither does sword of war they are both fine. Messer is basically an all in one weapon that can do everything just like greatsword. I don’t use my knight secondaries all the time just because they aren’t really my style, but the few times I do use them I do fine with them. Keep trying to use your mace against a man at arms and crying about it.
    However I do agree with your points about the vanguard knock back and stamina drain. This is something I have been having an issue with lately most notably against brandistock and zweihander.

Or maybe you EU players just suck at beating knights. No one uses maces to fight MaAs, no one really uses maces for anything but other knights and even then you may as well just use messer since you won’t be worthless against the other 3 classes. Every class needs an all in one weapon (Longsword, greatsword, broadsword, ect.) but they shouldn’t overshadow the rest of the weapons. Knight’s should be longsword, not messer, but regardless right now the messer is just so much better than other knight weapons because the other knight weapons suck. No pole axe will ever be in range of a vanguard or touch an MaA, no double axe will ever hit anything but another knight, no flanged mace is ever used, ect., if you think the pole axe is “viable” then you EU players are really far behind. The SoW has a purpose in the sense it’s better for anti-vanguard than the messer and can have good strategy for team battles, but it does trade off so much that the messer does better. What happened was that the longsword and SoW got nerfed and put into the messer, then the other weapons except maul, grandmace, bearded axe and double axe got forgotten about when vanguards got their knockback/stamina drain. If you nerf the messer, the knight will become nothing but a specialty class that’s only good for one purpose depending on their weapon: that isn’t good for the game, every class needs to have many options with many weapons for many situations. We don’t need a rock paper scissors style, I’ve argued this before in the past. If messer gets nerfed, then the other classes better get some mechanical nerfs too (not just weapons, like MaA footspeed/dodge nerf, less vanguard knock back, ect.).

• This post is deleted!

• @SOC:

SoW needed slight nerfs but longsword never did.

Or maybe you EU players just suck at beating knights. No one uses maces to fight MaAs, no one really uses maces for anything but other knights and even then you may as well just use messer since you won’t be worthless against the other 3 classes. Every class needs an all in one weapon (Longsword, greatsword, broadsword, ect.) but they shouldn’t overshadow the rest of the weapons. Knight’s should be longsword, not messer, but regardless right now the messer is just so much better than other knight weapons because the other knight weapons suck. No pole axe will ever be in range of a vanguard or touch an MaA, no double axe will ever hit anything but another knight, no flanged mace is ever used, ect., if you think the pole axe is “viable” then you EU players are really far behind. The SoW has a purpose in the sense it’s better for anti-vanguard than the messer and can have good strategy for team battles, but it does trade off so much that the messer does better. What happened was that the longsword and SoW got nerfed and put into the messer, then the other weapons except maul, grandmace, bearded axe and double axe got forgotten about when vanguards got their knockback/stamina drain. If you nerf the messer, the knight will become nothing but a specialty class that’s only good for one purpose depending on their weapon: that isn’t good for the game, every class needs to have many options with many weapons for many situations. We don’t need a rock paper scissors style, I’ve argued this before in the past. If messer gets nerfed, then the other classes better get some mechanical nerfs too (not just weapons, like MaA footspeed/dodge nerf, less vanguard knock back, ect.).

Don’t judge EU on KILLBANDS and OBI. Not everyone here agrees with them.

• @gndo:

Don’t judge EU on KILLBANDS and OBI. Not everyone here agrees with them.

Yeah. Not everyone can handle of modesty of not wanting the weapon you main buffed lmao.

soc can’t read correctly either

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.