Is messer OP? If so, what makes it OP?

• @CRUSHED:

dodge that 1v1 while you can.

Incoming video?

• sprint lockout and bubble and knockback broke the balance of all the weapons because now only certain weapons have enough range to keep their initiative

hatchet pre patch could be used without having to dodge inside peoples faces for example and it used to be shorter back then too

in fact all the shorter 1 handers could actually use attacks other than stab and keep their initiative

you literally cant get close enough in time anymore

• the damage mostly and the overhead accels. Maybe the windup speed.

• Anyways, back on topic, I’d rather buff other knight weapons(not just swords) to make them more viable, rather than always nerfing all the time.

This is relevant to other melee classes also, but kinda offtopic.

Greatsword is the exception.

• the only way to make other knight weapons not shit is to reduce the bubble further and remove sprintlock out

otherwise range is king

• @gndo:

…., rather than always nerfing all the time.

Do you have alzheimer? The Messer got a huge buff ages ago and from that point on it was op!! We are not nerfing all the time
    we are just reverting buffs!!!

• @TheFunnySide:

Do you have alzheimer? The Messer got a huge buff ages ago and from that point on it was op!! We are not nerfing all the time

the messer never got any direct buffs afaik

it was always like this, the meta changed

• @TheFunnySide:

I’m not sure I recall, but then I haven’t played the game from release. I also don’t recall many buffs to weapons, mostly just nerfs. Hence my previous statement.

@zombojoe:

the messer never got any direct buffs afaik

it was always like this, the meta changed

This was my understanding of it, SoW and LS had their nerfs most of the other knight weapons were nerfed when they removed handle hits. That’s pretty much only reason why messer seems OP now to some people.

• Messer slash windup from .55 to .525 recovery from .9 to .8 and damage from 85 SwingBlunt to 99 Swing

remember? this made the weapon effective against MAA and Archers without that it would not be that well rounded

• people didnt use messer at all when that patch was made

• It wasnt explored that well but in a time where you could allways ignore flinch by spamming attack it would have been one of the strongest weapons

–-
    Actually this was the same patch Longsword and SOW got nerfed… they should have fucken waited how the meta develops then they change weapons that are used by 90% of the players.

• Only idiots think messer isn’t broken and fool themselves into thinking the other swords just need to be buffed.