Archer discussion - Damage reduction except to other archers

• @Hand:

@Monsteri…. uhhh… wat, Why the double nerf when archer just got the shaft, suggesting both damage reduction and stamina cost for bow is just way too much, wheres the balance in this? Is this with archer getting flinch back?

Is this a joke? Maybe I fell for it :/.

Archers right now are OP as hell as they have always been since the summer patch. They will continue to be OP as long as their biggest issue, damage is so high. Good archers could still carry as headshots would do the same amount of damage as they do now.

The stamina “nerf” is there to simply give archer more viable options than WB and CB, and to make it so they need good melee support if they want to use the heavy weapons in mid range where leading the arrows is the easiest.

• An extra HTK for Vang and Knight for Warbow at least should do the trick.

I believe the Crossbows/Javs may require a bit of extra attention.

• @Monsteri:

Archers right now are OP as hell as they have always been since the summer patch. They will continue to be OP as long as their biggest issue, damage is so high. Good archers could still carry as headshots would do the same amount of damage as they do now.

The stamina “nerf” is there to simply give archer more viable options than WB and CB, and to make it so they need good melee support if they want to use the heavy weapons in mid range where leading the arrows is the easiest.

just sayin archer didnt get buffed at all

received nothing but nerfs since the game released

• Didnt the arrow trajectory speed get increased and some reload times shortened? And I don’t recall HCB oneshotting knights at release.

• @Monsteri:

Didnt the arrow trajectory speed get increased and some reload times shortened? And I don’t recall HCB oneshotting knights at release.

regular crossbow used to 1 shot knights to the head

just crossbow projectile and reload speeds got buffed but crossbows are generally trash

if you want to nerf noob archers reverting the projectile speeds is the way to go

• Here’s my input after playing last night. The damage nerf may or may not be needed at this point. They’re still a strong class yes, but with a damage nerf on top that might be pushing it a little too far. I might agree with the certain weapons YES… like HCB and Warbow perhaps… but not too much.

I learned last night that without the flinch, and without the backstab bonus, archers have to at least work a little bit harder for their kills and really make better decisions. A lot of people were complaining about how the shorbow was now “useless” and yet i came in 2nd place with one in a pub. I still can kill many foes without needing the extra damage the backstab bonus gives to me.

The archer seems to NEED to be played now how i always kind of thought it should be. The flinch was a big culprit in not only annoying the shit out of melee classes, it PROMOTED those point blank shots where arhcers waited till you got RIGHT up to them to shoot you. Then, it still gave them enough time to switch to secondary after the flinch, and throw a final finishing stab before you could land a single attack as another class.

I think the archer should be a class that accels at range, which they still do… but when melee gets close to them they should totally get fucked up. I think we are much closer to that than beofre. I love the nerf, it’s not really eveen that bad and many archers are complaining but it was needed. They just need to learn how to olay the archer class as i always thought it should have been in the first place, by watching the battlefield and repositioning as needed.

As for damage nerf, probably warbow and hcb need those. Reaload speed nerf on the lcb… done. And i’m all for a torso/leg/other damage nerf and leave the headshots the same.

• If you lower the broadhead damage of the warbow by 1 it becomes a longbow with slower reload. It deals exactly 100 damage to archers which is the problem.

HCB also. If you slightly nerf the damage it becomes the normal crossbow but slower in every way. They have these values so if you slightly nerf something you completely change the weapon. That’s the main problem here. Its either nerf everything making some weapons useless. Or nerf nothing and try and find others ways to counter archers. Really it think people should stop being lazy and start using some of these ways to counter archers.

• Damage nerf when? I’m tired of losing 80% of my health to some bodkin chest shot as a knight. 50% reduction of damage across everything that’s not a head-shot. Anything that prevents people from picking archer in pubs is a good thing. THe class is way out of line and should only be used for hard support and not anything else. You want kills? Pick Melee

• Get rid of the warbow. It has no place in this game.

• @Planetus:

An extra HTK for Vang and Knight for Warbow at least should do the trick.

I believe the Crossbows/Javs may require a bit of extra attention.

But planet-chan, Archers are so UP now we should just uninstall instead.

• @50ShadesofClay:

it PROMOTED those point blank shots where arhcers waited till you got RIGHT up to them to shoot you. Then, it still gave them enough time to switch to secondary after the flinch, and throw a final finishing stab before you could land a single attack as another class.

oh god im glad archer shotguns are gone

• @rumpelstiltskin:

oh god im glad archer shotguns are gone

but crossbow still exists :’(

I’m all for damage nerf on archers lol… just not too much and not with every bow. Just HCB and Warbow please. Too easy to shoot them, fastest projectile speed, and too much damage to all classes. Hell, even a shortbow to the head does 50 to knight. But i can respect a nice headshot.

• I’ve said this for a while now - the best compromise would be to simply reduce the number of weapons the archer has, have three primaries rather than three primary ‘trees’.

Make it so at the top of the pile you have have say the HXB, but with less ammo/less mobility. Middle have the Longbow as is. Then have either the sling or short bow at the bottom of the pile with maximum mobility but with little damage.

• i take back my previous statement… Archers: still strongest class in game.

• @50ShadesofClay:

i take back my previous statement… Archers: still strongest class in game.

I’ve literally noticed no difference in my shortbow play. I still get all the same kills/assists as I used to and never die. Even after the .4 wind up nerf to my short sword and no back stab, I still have no problem stomping 40s and 50s. Unless they’re archer, of course. But I always brought out my secondary when enemies closed in since I was never confident in flinching my opponent up close anyway.

And I’m not even good at archer.

• since the nerf my effectiveness as archer hasent changed at all (then again I play archer like its an archer) I can still snipe from a good distance and down some 1 with my reg crossbow and my short sword fighting skill is still enough to win a 2v1

even after this nerf came out and people said the short bow was useless I picked it up to try it its my least used weapon the archer has the hunting knife gets more use I was 37-14 I didn’t treat it like a shotgun and avoided getting near the enemy…… you know like an archer should?

and don’t argue that the archer is fine until you fight against a good archer fighting against some one that can go 43-5 with warbow + broadhead is a problem I tried to counter him with the same set up he killed me 9 times if he wasent in that game I would’ve only died once that entire round

as for the no flinch for all projectiles hatchets and knifes need that flinch if your trying to close the distance on an archer and he pulls up his bow the only thing you can do is hope he cant aim but if you can land a hit with your hatchet or knife and flinch him out of it that lets you close the distance without losing half your hp and making you an easy kill and it punishes the archer for being dumb enough to let you get close

as for nerfs the warbow+broadhead can still torso hit a vanguard down to 40% hp
    knights at least should get some projectile resistance
    maybe 20% dmg reduction to torso and 40% for the legs remember guys a little can go a long way (would need serious testing first)

• @Tombstone:

since the nerf my effectiveness as archer hasent changed at all (then again I play archer like its an archer) I can still snipe from a good distance and down some 1 with my reg crossbow and my short sword fighting skill is still enough to win a 2v1

even after this nerf came out and people said the short bow was useless I picked it up to try it its my least used weapon the archer has the hunting knife gets more use I was 37-14 I didn’t treat it like a shotgun and avoided getting near the enemy…… you know like an archer should?

and don’t argue that the archer is fine until you fight against a good archer fighting against some one that can go 43-5 with warbow + broadhead is a problem I tried to counter him with the same set up he killed me 9 times if he wasent in that game I would’ve only died once that entire round

as for the no flinch for all projectiles hatchets and knifes need that flinch if your trying to close the distance on an archer and he pulls up his bow the only thing you can do is hope he cant aim but if you can land a hit with your hatchet or knife and flinch him out of it that lets you close the distance without losing half your hp and making you an easy kill and it punishes the archer for being dumb enough to let you get close

as for nerfs the warbow+broadhead can still torso hit a vanguard down to 40% hp
    knights at least should get some projectile resistance
    maybe 20% dmg reduction to torso and 40% for the legs remember guys a little can go a long way (would need serious testing first)

I like this guy. Listen to his experiences. They are on point. I’m a terribad archer, but can still get a good K/D by being in the right spot and letting the warbow rip.

• Played a little warbow broadheads today, my only 2 deaths were from failed parries due to high ping

ARCHER SO UP PLS BUFF

So whens the next balance patch rolling around TB?

• @Monsteri:

ARCHER SO UP PLS BUFF

So whens the next balance patch rolling around TB?

To be fair, you’re playing against low ranks and your team is stacked, plus you’re on Agatha. But it doesn’t really delude the point.

• Yeah I noticed that too, being on the stacked team can really help. Particularly archers, since you only really had 1 real threat on Mason and that could easily have been dealt with by your team.

Still Archers are tough simply because they have ranged attacks. Ranged attacks that do more damage than a greatsword at that…