No more FiR, good or bad?

• I’m actually a little amused that I’m posting this thread, because I was completely against “Flinch in Release”. At least before I knew what the main cause was.
    After I read about that code line that you’ll get flinched while running, I adapted to that new knowledge and let go of the shift button while in release. It worked pretty well and satisfying.

Arrows and bolts don’t flinch anymore so you won’t get flinched randomly and unexpected, which was one reason why people wanted FiR removed.

Now, there is no reason to not press the running button, except when you want to regenerate.

• Clunky “mechanic” if you can call it such, the poll speaks for itself.

• Flinch in Release was the only thing that was making dancing duells fun. It made sure that the one that lands a hit in a dancing duell wouldnt get traded, it was a totaly skill based match up. But now because your weapon takes so long to reach a dancing player, he has got a good chance to hit trade you with his op greatsword.

The second problem is the kind of noob play that has become viable again. LMBing was only for noobs until now, but without FIR you cant punich it as much as you used to.

The way things are developing, there is less skill requiered to play chivalry

• @TheFunnySide:

Flinch in Release was the only thing that was making dancing duells fun. It made sure that the one that lands a hit in a dancing duell wouldnt get traded, it was a totaly skill based match up. But now because your weapon takes so long to reach a dancing player, he has got a good chance to hit trade you with his op greatsword.

The second problem is the kind of noob play that has become viable again. LMBing was only for noobs until now, but without FIR you cant punich it as much as you used to.

The way things are developing, there is less skill requiered to play chivalry

Are you trolling?

• @Monsteri:

Are you trolling?

He just wants his exploits back,

• yeah because unflinchable highping players are not an exploit. FIR had a hole meta behind it and now we are back to cavemen
    and ballet

• @TheFunnySide:

yeah because unflinchable highping players are not an exploit. FIR had a hole meta behind it and now we are back to cavemen
    and ballet

Caveman meta? Please, that’s what FiR was.
    Welcome back to skillful parry work and distancing instead of gambling with lookdowns in the hopes you hit before he does.

• @LTTLWLF:

lookdowns in the hopes you hit before he does.

This was fixed by 0,9sec flinch and had to begin with nothing to do with FIR.
    FIR is an anti hit trade mechanic never forget that

• @TheFunnySide:

Flinch in Release was the only thing that was making dancing duells fun…

My problem is that I’m really used to sprinting forwards as an Archer/MAA to stab and flinch an opponent who is sprinting at me, since very few really knew how FiR worked and it was easy to hit them first in their release and start a combo. On the other hand that was really annoying since sprinting is sometimes required to hit a MAA and resulted in them getting a free stab hit on me.

I got quite used to flinching people with Maul overheads too since they always do at least 80 damage to the torso, but 90% of the time trying to achieve that still resulted in a hit trade and I don’t really mind that they removed 80+ dmg FiR.

So while I agree with you that with the removal of FiR there is now one less meta to worry about / to take advantage of, I’m still glad I don’t get flinched by arrows in pubs shot by total noobs.

• @LTTLWLF:

Caveman meta? Please, that’s what FiR was.

the trades right now are literally caveman meta

• i voted bad because the gameplay feels completely broken with the caveman meta that even noobs figured out in an instant. The amount of hit trading right now almost made me ragequit…

By the way what’s wrong with sword overhead animations? the release seems to be instant if dragged, i haven’t seen so much BS in a while, maybe it’s just my imagination.

• @ashvins:

i voted no because i felt this game is completely broken with the caveman meta that even noobs figured out in an instant. The amount of hit trading right now almost made me ragequit…by the way what’s wrong with sword overheads? they seem to be slightly faster than before, handle hits?

I dont know man, someone got to update the spreadsheet. But we have to somehow read the information out of the game and dont trust TBS on this.

• I voted no. We only needed 0.9 2h flinch to stop people constantly gambling attacks between combos, we didn’t need FiR removing.

I will add with FiR removed TB should not nerf maa any more or it will be useless. I say this speaking as a knight main. Only possible thing that maa class needs fixing is that dodge attack out of flinch.

• bad MAA were very often victim of FIR because they take 80 dmg from a lot of weapons.
    But now we are back to where a crappy MAA can allways kill you then you are down to one hit

• @TheFunnySide:

bad MAA were very often victim of FIR because they take 80 dmg from a lot of weapons.
    But now we are back to where a crappy MAA can allways kill you then you are down to one hit

What are you talking about? MAA was stronger with FiR because they could just spam a stab if they saw someone sprinting at them. If you sprinted at a MAA, all he had to do was wait for you to attack and then poke you. You must’ve been playing against really bad MAA if they were consistently hit by Zwei and Maul.

• MAA have a tons of ways to deal with people that spint with lmb at them its just FIR was convinient to punish that kind of bad play. But the other classes cant deal with MAA trieng to trade them. Longsword Messer Greatsword Brandi could all consistendly do 80 dmg to an MAA now you cant protect yourself

• Mod

FiR rewarded going for trades. You attack slightly after they do with a faster weapon and instead of trading you flinch them because they were sprinting. That’s bullshit.

• MAA have a tons of ways to deal with people that spint with lmb at them its just FIR was convinient to punish that kind of bad play.

So they don’t even need FiR.

But the other classes cant deal with MAA trieng to trade them.

Trading w/ MAA is bad for the MAA. Not the other way around. What are you talking about.

Longsword Messer Greatsword Brandi could all consistendly do 80 dmg to an MAA now you cant protect yourself

Yourself as in the MAA or one of the other classes? What are you trying to say?

• @Kim:

FiR rewarded going for trades. You attack slightly after they do with a faster weapon and instead of trading you flinch them because they were sprinting. That’s bullshit.

This is what I was getting at in my post, not mid-combo gambles you speds.

• @TheFunnySide:

But the other classes cant deal with MAA trieng to trade them.

I’m looking for trade. [H] messer [W] tiny baby scratch from your toy sword.

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.