Remove Kick Damage and Ballista Splash Damage

• I don’t see why kick damage exists. Forgetting the fact that the tracers are messed up, it is unblockable when it lands and it is really silly that an opponent can simply end a fight with no skill/no possible response.

As for ballista splash damage, why? When ballistas work, they are incredibly easy to use, are unblockable, and already one shot you on a hit. So why in the world do they do splash damage?

• The ballista got splash damage because before it was nerfed, it was super accurate for just about anyone. Then they made the ballista bolt hitbox smaller and added splash damage to compensate. Now you’ll hear it hit people all the time but it’ll still miss.

I’m all for reverting it, I think the splash damage is really silly and makes it very inconsistent. As for it being more accurate, well I wouldn’t mind seeing how it would be again.

For kicks, if the damage is removed then the longsword better finally get reverted.

• What’s wrong with 3-5 damage?

Are you getting kicked to death?

• @omg87:

What’s wrong with 3-5 damage?

Are you getting kicked to death?

It is unblockable…

Short of a several hundred pound rock and a giant stick with a pointy metal end, I fail to see why anything else in this game should be guaranteed unblockable damage.

• @SHH_:

It is unblockable…

Short of a several hundred pound rock and a giant stick with a pointy metal end, I fail to see why anything else in this game should be guaranteed unblockable damage.

So you don’t like archers then?

• @gndo:

So you don’t like archers then?

Yes, but also, they are not by any means unblockable damage. Shields do exist and do work, as does footwork.

Edit: I also have a problem with firepots, they are too easy to hit for unblockable damage as well.

• I agree that kicks shouldn’t be doing damage. Hits to kill should be factored into a weapons effectiveness, and as it stands most weapons that don’t kill in two hits bring the opponent close enough to death to heavy kick once or twice to finish the opponent. This doesn’t strike me as particularly skill based.

It’s my opinion that if a maul knight lands a hit and wants to finish you quickly, he should have to swap to his norse sword instead of just running up and kicking you to death with unblockable, unavoidable damage (unless his kick fails and it goes through you without reg). Similarly if I survive two SoW stabs as a vanguard because one of them hit my legs, he shouldn’t be able to run up and just light kick me because I only have 1 hp. You can argue I’ve already fucked up if I managed to survive those two stabs, but I’m still alive and there should still be a fight that doesn’t end in a forward jump kick to win.

This is from the perspective of duels, in TO it’s very unlikely anyone would waste the stamina trying to get a kick kill.

• Trying to kick someone to death is kinda risky if you screw it up. Which happens more often than not.

• @lemonater47:

Trying to kick someone to death is kinda risky if you screw it up. Which happens more often than not.

That doesn’t justify it being unblockable damage. It is trivially easy to do in duels, and actually not as hard as people make it out to be in TO.

I play a lot of TO, and I use primarily shields, so let me tell you, pretty much everyone will try to kick me multiple times in one fight.

• I love kicking people to death :D Pretty silly…. that they cant block it though! Same can be said about the Firepots though! That shit was way more prevalent than being kicked to death IMO.

Have noticed that when I’m on low health and people try kick me to death, they often dont expect a sudden overhead. They are so focused on getting that kick to quickly end the fight that they’ll not expect an attack!

Doubt Kick Damage will be removed, though maybe TB could lessen the amount of kicked balls. TB could increase regen of our health, you could kite your assailant around and get some health back before he can kick you to death.

On the side note would make getting arched less of a… pain :)

I love kicks :D

• @YarnuTheDog:

Have noticed that when I’m on low health and people try kick me to death, they often dont expect a sudden overhead. They are so focused on getting that kick to quickly end the fight that they’ll not expect an attack!

I always expect this as it’s pretty much your only option if you are a kick away from death.

• Kick deaths are lame and takes away the skill involved in landing a hit on someone. Funny to watch, not so funny to be on the receiving end seeing as kicks can flinch you in any state and do unblockable damage on top of retarded stamina drain. If someone is trying to kick you to death, you need to have a fast weapon that you can gamble and flinch them first (this is easily countered by either fast kicking which will flinch them first or by parrying then heavy kicking).

Kicks being unreliable isn’t an excuse. They work 90% of the time for me when I use them.

• fast kick can remove stam drain from that and the damage, heavy kick should be rewarded a bit i think. Ballista splash damage… hmm, i could deal with that going away. Why does it do splash damage anyway? Does it cause a mini earthquake?

• Yeah by this logic fire pots should be removed. Unblockable damage that’s an AOE.

• @lemonater47:

Yeah by this logic fire pots should be removed. Unblockable damage that’s an AOE.

but, that’s the point. A ballista… why is that doing splash damage? An oil pot that breaks is going to have an area of affect, if a ballista misses you is it going to still do damage?

• @50ShadesofClay:

but, that’s the point. A ballista… why is that doing splash damage? An oil pot that breaks is going to have an area of affect, if a ballista misses you is it going to still do damage?

I guess it could get dirt in your eyes, or I guess it might splinter on contact? I don’t really know…but I think the catapult is enough AoE siege for chivalry.

And for the record, I am vehemently against firepots. I think they should just be removed from the game or significantly reworked such that they aren’t guaranteed damage.

• guaranteed DoTs are bad game design

• @zombojoe:

guaranteed DoTs are bad game design

Isn’t it fun knowing you’ll die in 6 seconds and there’s nothing you can do about it?

• @Xylvion:

Isn’t it fun knowing you’ll die in 6 seconds and there’s nothing you can do about it?

in AOC you could JUMP IN THE WATER

• @lemonater47:

Yeah by this logic fire pots should be removed. Unblockable damage that’s an AOE.

Comparing kick/balista to an oilpot

#lemonlogic