Water and Shadows

• Hello, I am going to ask two questions within this one post.

I used a sheet brush to create water. Dragged it as far as I needed, applied a water material to give it that effect. Now, after a few re-cooks and saves I am no longer able to select it nor am I able to find it in the Scene tab (in the custom content window.) Any other solutions?

See:

Two, (which might be related) I get a black circle IN game, but not in the editor. Any ideas?
    The Skydome does not cast shadows. See:

• Go into wireframe and select the edge of the water mesh. It’s an annoying thing with transparent surfaces.
    I’m sure there is a way of quickly selecting them, but I haven’t looked into it yet.

• You could also try searching for the material you applied to the water in the Content Browser.
    Right-Click -> Select objects using this material (or something along those lines).
    It looks like the material you used is Cistern, if I’m not mistaken.
    I’m not entirely sure whether this works on objects created with a brush. It should though.

The black circle is really confusing.
    It definitely seems to be related to the skydome, I can’t imagine it isn’t.

• Above the blue Play in Viewport button, there is a blue square with the label: Allow Translucent Selection.

This has let me select things that are usually unable selected, such as planes with water materials.

• @Otreum:

Go into wireframe and select the edge of the water mesh. It’s an annoying thing with transparent surfaces.
    I’m sure there is a way of quickly selecting them, but I haven’t looked into it yet.

This worked, thanks for taking the time to reply. It is really much appreciated it.

As for the black hole, I believe it is related to the skydome. But adding a brush bellow the water actually fixed it.

• @Pebble:

Above the blue Play in Viewport button, there is a blue square with the label: Allow Translucent Selection.

This has let me select things that are usually unable selected, such as planes with water materials.

That’s the winner right there, I remember reading about it before and seeing it, but never needed to use it until now. That should solve the problem :D