So What Maps Do You Want

• Looking at the stats; our London based 32 slot “Mixed Modes” server is pretty much dead. So, we will leave it to this glorious community to choose a selection of 5 maps from the map competition entries. It would be handy if you can let us know what order you would like them to appear.

Edit: Ok so I’m tired and I missed out the word “what” in the title…. edit it and it creates a new thread… can someone kindly delete this shit please.

• Well, I still want to play the 5 winning maps a few times so I can get used to them and give them feedback. Although I don’t like 32 player servers :L

• 24 slot pls

• Ok sure, we can make it 24 slots but the question is what maps do you want? Is it just the five winners? From the comments about the winning maps, a lot of people disagreed with the dev’s choices.

PS. guess we are stuck with this tread and it’s typo.

• Well, my ping isn’t good enough to join a UK server, but am I still allowed to vote?

Seaborn
    Kings Garden
    On The Edge
    Belmez
    Cove

(Note that it alternates the attacking team)

• ^if we take that one above and switch Seaborn and On the Edge for DarkForest and Stoneshill it’d be great.

• I’m sure the server plans on using Vanilla TO maps too.

And he said specifically: “from the map competition entries”

• irillia too

• Yep; just thinking about the map competition entries for this server, we already host a couple of other public servers that cover the the vanilla maps. I’m with you Zombojoe, Irillia is probably my favorite map, just can’t get enough of those ballistas. Oh and my name is in it! We will put Irillia in as well, six maps it is then.

Thing is I haven’t played many of the other maps, OK I haven’t actually played any of them. Fact is, I’m just not playing a lot of Chiv these days. Still; our severs are paid up until Feb '15, so we might as well get the best use out of them.

Skindiacus of course your vote counts and as it’s the only actual vote that lists the maps you want (meh, bit disappointing people don’t seem to care - but then again, who I’m I to talk) you win.

Ps. I did just note that Skindiacus’ selection alternates the attacking team - fucking brilliant idea. So Mason attack in Irilla does that still work or are there three Mason attacks already?

Pps. just noticed someone fixed my thread title typo - wow thanks.

• I wish a server for the unlucky ones or the “maybe in the future official” maps :D
    Irilla
    On The Edge
    Naval Warfare
    Hideout
    Cornharbor

• Many of the maps are Mason attacking, Agatha defending.

I completely forgot about Irilla, 'tis a great map. But yeah, that would make 4 Mason, 2 Agatha. It could be 3 Agatha though:

Whitenest
    Hideout
    Corisca
    Walled In
    Dawnraid
    –---------
    Above are great Agatha-attacking maps. People can pick one or something. I missed a bunch so really any Agatha-attacking map is fine.

(Is 7 maps too many?)

• This post is deleted!

• Only Coldfront. 24/7 Coldfront.

• @KingJoff:

I wish a server for the unlucky ones or the “maybe in the future official” maps :D
    Irilla
    On The Edge
    Naval Warfare
    Hideout
    Cornharbor

Well; On the Edge and Irilla will be in the rotation.

• @Skindiacus:

Many of the maps are Mason attacking, Agatha defending.

I completely forgot about Irilla, 'tis a great map. But yeah, that would make 4 Mason, 2 Agatha. It could be 3 Agatha though:

Whitenest
    Hideout
    Corisca
    Walled In
    Dawnraid
    –---------
    Above are great Agatha-attacking maps. People can pick one or something. I missed a bunch so really any Agatha-attacking map is fine.

(Is 7 maps too many?)

Not sure? tell you what pick one and we will give it a try. Just let us know the order.

Ps. sorry Slaughtervomit wasn’t ignoring you, good to see you are still around, pretty sure it was you that told me to stop fucking around with PS3 controllers, best advice ever.

• No, I’m not sure.
    I’m also not sure why you’re limiting yourself to such a small number of maps. There are 46 entries and at least 90% of them are good [citation needed]

• Good point.
    You havent played any of them, but we have ;)
    There are more than 5 good ones. Yes 45 maps are far too many but lets take 10 or 15 and you have a nice variation.

• You are right about me not having played them but we have hosted servers with a load of maps on before now and it didn’t go down to well. We put this down to two reasons. Firstly; at the time a fair few were a just a bit too crap to be really playable. Not so much of an issue these days.

Secondly and more relevant to where we are now; the rotation was simply too long. With the average game lasting 30-40 minutes, people could have to wait seven or eight hours for the map they wanted to play.

That said; we would happily dedicate a second server to new maps if that’s what people want. Have you got another 5-7 in mind?

• Thank you all for your suggestions, the servers are up and running now

KnH ~ Knighthood New Lands #1

Seaborn
    Kings Garden
    On The Edge
    Belmez
    Irrila

KnH ~ Knighthood New Lands #2

Drunken bazaar
    Hideout
    Castle Assult
    Cove
    Navel Warfare

They are both 28 slots, yeah I know it’s not 24 but it’s also not 32, so hopefully that won’t put too many people off. Rai @ Simrai will be checking the performance, not sure what tick rate he is using, we leave that up to him now, he knows what he is doing.

Hope to see you on these new battlefields; I’m KnH ~ Kempa in game (long story).

Ps. If there are any changes that you would like to make you can always let me know, by messaging me at the Knighthood website. Happy to oblige so long as it makes sense.

Pps. Cornharbour has replaced Kings Garden because it only ran at 12MB which crashed the server…

• Good. I’m happy with those servers.

I really wish I could join them now. Maybe sometimes.