User Generated Content - General Discussion

• @SOC:

I think if Torn Banner ever officially accepts things, they should stick to a strong, cohesive visual style which should be the European medieval realism era. We don’t want high fantasy crap like spikes and horns running around in our official servers unless we personally turn that on in mods we download optionally. I was kind’ve hoping for in game weapon customization so we could slightly change the colors/hues on our weapons sort of like DW can do with armors. A longsword with a red handle and gold hilt would be sweet. But I worry about this adding like a ton of fantasy garbage to the game that isn’t good. We loved the visual representation the game had at launch, and customization was both good/bad for the game, but I’m really scared of what the item workshop will do and what you will deem as “acceptable.”

Like this. Nobody wants this:

http://i.imgur.com/Q6ma1A8.jpg

So far, your Mason dreadnaught and new vanguard skins have been really good. But your Agatha inquisitor and barbarian skins have been awful. All non-barbarian weapon skins have been good, too.

All I want is this http://arcadegenies.com/img/skyrim/img1/berserkdragonslayer7.jpg

• Sooo… i watched some tutorial vids for blender over the last hours and started
    to work on my favorite weapon, the maul.

Its just a first try, so dont be too harsh, but let me know what you think. :star:

This will be an dwarf styled, with some cool runes and inscriptions on it… as far as i planned.

This will take a few days or even more i guess… I dont have any clue yet how i am able to bring my ideas into blender.

But when im thinking that my modeling career began only 3 hours ago,
    its quite good… at least in my opinion. :05.18-flustered:

• @Staaken:

Sooo… i watched some tutorial vids for blender over the last hours and started
    to work on my favorite weapon, the maul.

Its just a first try, so dont be too harsh, but let me know what you think. :star:

This will be an dwarf styled, with some cool runes and inscriptions on it… as far as i planned.

This will take a few days or even more i guess… I dont have any clue yet how i am able to bring my ideas into blender.

But when im thinking that my modeling career began only 3 hours ago,
    its quite good… at least in my opinion. :05.18-flustered:

well its better than anything I could do

just remember to try and keep the tone realistic

• @Lucas:

The helmets/skins will function the same way that current skins function, only they will be player made and creators will receive royalties on each helmet sold. The workshop is a good way of gauging interest in different skins, but ultimately it will be up to us at Torn Banner to decide whether it is something that should be implemented into the game.

I would like to keep this on topic to the resources provided by us, and how we can make them better. If you would like to continue discussing user generated items as a whole, please take it to this thread:
    http://forums.tornbanner.com/showthread.php/21476-User-Generated-Content-General-Discussion?p=263017#post263017

one question

so if I make Harry Potter, Assassin Creed , Star Wars, and ultimatelly some pirates stuff
    and other cracy stuff which apparently can’t be and will never be implemented in game cuz it’s crazy and u will not accept it for game

does it mean those items will never been used in game even by me??

or does it mean I can use them only others can’t cuz (and this is another question)
    so it will work not like maps which anyone can subscribe but ppl will be able to vote it only and then maybe after 100 years u will accept it and it will be purchasable? like DLC helmtes now?

• will be items purchasable (and sellable) on steam market as well?

• will be there in game drops?

• will be there chets and keys xD?

• just realized no ones made a post about weapons etc that theyd want modders to make

weapons
    pitch fork (4prongs)
    pike
    rapier
    estoc
    Tulwar
    rondel
    basket hilt
    butchers knife/cleaver
    a 1h weapon with an axe on 1 side and a blunt hammer end on the other (not sure if real just an idea)

helmet
    pigface helm
    bascinet helm

armor
    well the only thing I can really say is id like to see more chainmail and steel masks

shields
    a pierce shield (it has a big spike in the center)
    another tower shield maybe one that reach’s down to our feet but leaves our head exposed so we can finally see over it!

well that’s all I can think of for now just google images anything written here and you find it no problem

• So, tweaked my maul a bit.

Looks quite realistic and got exactly the same measurements like the normal chiv maul,
    so it should work perfectly with the normal hitboxes.

Here´s a comparison between the normal maul and mine. :fat:

It looks quite similiar, but the texturing will make it stand out… when im able to do it like i imagine. :pride:

Still a long way to go.

And i would also love to see new broadswords and shields… that would give my setup a whole new look.

• we need a peasant class

• @DahDakilven:

we need a peasant class

peasant skin for maa

• Then servers will have peasants running around everywhere, no thanks :S
    Maybe if there was a Peasant Rebellion mod or something :P

• Now that we have a nice Aragorn skin for the Agatha Vanguard, we need a Frodo skin for MAA.
    You know, to truly show their cowardly nature.

• Great start on that Maul Staaken. One good resource if you are new to making weapons is the polycount wiki and forums.
    http://wiki.polycount.com/wiki/Polycount

This is a solid tutorial to start with, as it goes through the entire process of making a model.

http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=100984

• I must say that I agree with SOC.
    We need small changes, nothing too exaggerated.

Example differences you could make:

**This is OK:

Zweihander
    **Non-curved blade, slightly jeweled pommel.

Flanged Mace
    Different shade of gray, dulled out celtic markings on the shaft.

This is NOT OK:

**Longsword
    **Skulls outlining the end of the pommel, blade ends much wider giving false impressions of different hitboxes.

• @Rickvs:

Now that we have a nice Aragorn skin for the Agatha Vanguard, we need a Frodo skin for MAA.
    You know, to truly show their cowardly nature.

TB should make a voice command for archers like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhQ5y-cRlGQ

• @Staaken:

So, tweaked my maul a bit.

Looks quite realistic and got exactly the same measurements like the normal chiv maul,
    so it should work perfectly with the normal hitboxes.

Here´s a comparison between the normal maul and mine. :fat:

It looks quite similiar, but the texturing will make it stand out… when im able to do it like i imagine. :pride:

Still a long way to go.

And i would also love to see new broadswords and shields… that would give my setup a whole new look.

That looks incredible. Seriously fantastic work. Spook should love it. :]

The only thing I would change is to smooth out the edges on the actual Maul part. But you were probably gonna do that anyway.

• hey,

I’d like to ask will u allow also other 3rd party stuff like Star Wars etc if it will be good enough?

(or will it be allowed at least on custom servers or sth like that?)

• Now it may look Like the archer one but I’m making one for vanguard. I’m gonna make it way different. Its gonna have cheek guards and It will have coloured fabric In between the reinforcement braces. A combination of different helmets I’ve seen pretty much lol. Yes you did get helmets like that with cheek guards.

http://i60.tinypic.com/2m3oa3d.jpg
    Thats my Super secret heavy crossbow skin.

• ^ Keep it that colour.

• MOAR KETTLE HELMS!!!

edit:

KETTLE HELMS FOR EVERYONE!

• ^ Id definitely buy that 4th one would look great on any Agatha class too elite knight skin + that helm + poleaxe = needs sunglasses

• @MiPu:

hey,

I’d like to ask will u allow also other 3rd party stuff like Star Wars etc if it will be good enough?

(or will it be allowed at least on custom servers or sth like that?)

We cannot allow any copyrighted material.