Spear Knockback

• Can we please tone it down again? Basically, all a spear van has to do is attack, then run away, circle strafe LMB, attack and push you 5 feet away again,and wait until you are out of stamina. I remember when spear van actually took footwork.

• Problem is that footwork was nerfed with the sprint lockout on parry so they added in knockback to substitute for it. Taking away that knockback now will leave the spear vanguard with even fewer options. Not like he can drag significantly either, and feinting to an attack won’t space your attacker if he’s hellbent on facehugging, especially a knight who can tank 3 to 4 spear stabs while decimating the vg in two hits.

• @Gauntlet:

Problem is that footwork was nerfed with the sprint lockout on parry so they added in knockback to substitute for it. Taking away that knockback now will leave the spear vanguard with even fewer options. Not like he can drag significantly either, and feinting to an attack won’t space your attacker if he’s hellbent on facehugging, especially a knight who can tank 3 to 4 spear stabs while decimating the vg in two hits.

Yah sprint lockout is a contributor, but the knockback is just a bit too much at the moment. I do agree that vanguards need something to keep opponents at range, but especially as a shield user, it is just so brutal trying to even get within my range.

• I have no problem fighting spear users.

• @ToLazy4Name:

I have no problem fighting spear users.

generally they suck and they cant actually kill shield users because you can keep backing off regening stamina hue

• @Gauntlet:

Problem is that footwork was nerfed with the sprint lockout on parry so they added in knockback to substitute for it. Taking away that knockback now will leave the spear vanguard with even fewer options. Not like he can drag significantly either, and feinting to an attack won’t space your attacker if he’s hellbent on facehugging, especially a knight who can tank 3 to 4 spear stabs while decimating the vg in two hits.

Spears are OP as fuck then you are not fighting them with another good weapon and they can drag a lot
    Having to block multible times before you can fight back makes 1/2 of al the weapons useless.
    The reason we dont see the 1h axes maces flails warhammer is because of the shitty knockback. ANd its not only spears. Fucken swords got a lot of knockback too. Who thought this was a good idea? Knockback takes no skill and if the knockback is large enough you got god mode

• Obviously nobody here thought massive knockback buffs were a good idea.

• Protip: If you don’t want to be knocked back so far, sprint forward while you parry their attack. Knockback will be greatly reduced.

• knockback is glitchy as balls sometimes ive been knocked forwards into my opponent

• @Noxin:

Protip: If you don’t want to be knocked back so far, sprint forward while you parry their attack. Knockback will be greatly reduced.

It’s really inconsistent and doesn’t happen enough to be a “feature.” I think this is actually a bug.

But I really do wish knockback was toned down, even as a vanguard/spear user, I hate it. Knocking enemies out of my next attack and giving them the space they need to regen is annoying for me.

• @Noxin:

Protip: If you don’t want to be knocked back so far, sprint forward while you parry their attack. Knockback will be greatly reduced.

I am aware, that doesn’t change the fact that knockback is a poor substitution for sprint lockout. Also, it is not always possible to do that, and like mithron said, it is very inconsistent.

• Knockback is fairly retardo on the Vanguard. Makes fighting on sloped surfaces a pain! I always believed the player should have to work to create space between him and his opponent, not some inconsistent mechanic which both plays out, and looks stupid as balls.

Still makes me laugh watching a Tower Knight fall out of the sky as a Vanguard’ Fork bends against the steel… I’m not laughing when it happens to me though!! :)