I just hit rank 16: GAME OVER

• After only 18 hours of gameplay, when I was finally starting to get the hang of this melee system better, I am shut out of servers with equally skilled people.

Now I am faced with 2000-h’ers who do reverse overhead rollercoaster helicopter crouchduck airjumpstab matrix moves nonstop and parry 99% of strikes.

My stats went from about 1-1.5:1 to 1:10. This is not fun. I am not willing to get owned for another 1982 hours by engine-quirk abusing “pros” until I have a slight chance of countering this BS while getting trashtalked by a large majority of them who are utterly elitist.

I just want to get better as I move up in ranks gradually, not go from green lala land to hell filled with burning spears.

What I’m saying is:
    THE LACK OF RANK 10-25 SERVERS (+20-30 / + 25-40 later) IS KILLING THE GAME by taking away all motivation from new players like me who are literal freekills for the trashtalking, "git gud fk noobs"-saying rank 50s populating the servers.**

And then I come on here and there’s even threads wanting to get rid of new player servers entirely? What the actual F**K??

EDIT:
    Since I’ve read some more on this topic I feel the need to add:
    I don’t expect a “LMB meta” or anything. I’ve researched and watched a ton of videos, I know about dragging, doing overheads/stabs when there’s teammates around, etc.
    I just want to get gradually good with a fair proper chance against equally skilled people, you know, like the people who now have 2000h because they were playing when no one else had a huge-a** experience trump over them.

• You pansie lol. I also had to face theese 2000h-ish and get rekt by them. Why can’t you? Its good you know, you will learn faster the fastest your ass get kicked.

Your idea would just segregate even more this tiny comunity man. Imo we shouldn’t even have rank 0-15 servers.

• if kills are important to you then play FFA
    otherwise play more and get gud

• @Vanguard:

You pansie lol. I also had to face theese 200h-ish and get rekt by them. Why can’t you? Its good you know, you will learn faster the fastest your ass get kicked.

Your idea would just segregate even more this tiny comunity man. Imo we shouldn’t even have rank 0-15 servers.

see? this is exactly what I mean.
    just general insults and “lolnapl2p” comments.
    if this community doesn’t learn that people play this game for FUN and gradually get better with many many hours facing equally skilled players automatically - and not by facing lvl 51 players who stomp them over and over so they leave in frustration - then all it will be stuck with in a few months is those few elitists and no one else. because maybe 1 in a 100 people is masochistic enough to stick with this.

PS: you can swat 2 flies with 1 strike by just converting some of the 0-15 servers to medium rank servers because apparently there are WAY too many of them right now.

• get a new steam accnt and allow family sharing (and autherize accnt?) between the main accnt and your new smurf account. now you can play low rank servers without buying the game more times

rinse and repeat until you feel ready to play with r15+ players

its not like its fun to play ppl with no hours when you have thousand+ hours for either side

• You’re not going to get better at a good rate by playing low ranks. I get that it sucks playing good players, but in my opinion that should make you want to get better instead of being content with LMB hero’ing. It would be great if there was matchmaking though.

Also when I joined the game there were no low rank servers. I did the trial by fire like many others.

• done get upset you just got thrown out of the nest is all least you got eased into the game rather than rank 1 vs rank 40s time to put down the training sword its time for the real battle!

• “You can make a new Steam account and use Family Sharing to play the game for free starting at rank 0, you keep all your weapon unlocks from your main account too.”

• You’ll never get as good as the level 50 2000 hour people if you don’t fight the level 50 2000 hour people.

IMO, it should just be easier to make your own server so that people can play like they want.

• everyone has to face that rank 50 virgin who plays on servers populated with nubs so they feel better

they’re honestly not that good at all though, just l2play

• This post is deleted!

• @fgeist:

see? this is exactly what I mean.
    just general insults and “lolnapl2p” comments.
    if this community doesn’t learn that people play this game for FUN and gradually get better with many many hours facing equally skilled players automatically - and not by facing lvl 51 players who stomp them over and over so they leave in frustration - then all it will be stuck with in a few months is those few elitists and no one else. because maybe 1 in a 100 people is masochistic enough to stick with this.

PS: you can swat 2 flies with 1 strike by just converting some of the 0-15 servers to medium rank servers because apparently there are WAY too many of them right now.

Never you will have more veterans then noobs, so I really don’t see the problem here. You will not get stomped by lvl 50+ players that often, because there are not so many lvl 50+. Oh and also, some lvl 50 that suck dick at the game so… I don’t see the problem in getting stomped sometimes, is good to lower your ego as you start to improve.

You just need to get good man, really. Keep trying to play better. When I started there were not even lvl 0-15 servers, so I got crushed by everyone untill I started to learn and practice shit. Thats also fun you know.

• While it’s interesting to see the other side to the lowrank-server discussion once, I still disagree with you:
    There are too many of them. No, don’t convert them into “medium ranked servers”, just convert them to regular servers.

In the long run this will only help you out, don’t you get it? The more normal servers there are, where your feared rank 50’s can actually join, the smaller the chance you’ll actually run into one.

Now with that out of the way, this is entirely your own fault. You could have saved yourself a lot of frustration by actually joining a regular server once in a while out of your 18 total hours, instead of mindless LMB-spamming in lowrank-servers until you could no longer enter them.
    You’d have been able to recognize what the “pro’s” were doing, pick up on it, and learn to counter it. Now you’re just a rank 16 with the skill of a rank 0, having no clue of what is going on, despite supposedly knowing the meaning of a few terms such as dragging.

THAT is why us "elitists" want fewer lowrank-servers.

• Advice.

Never play on low rank servers. It teaches you to play bad and only how to beat other new players.

• @lemonater47:

Advice.

Never play on low rank servers. It teaches you to play bad and only how to beat other new players.

although being beaten by a ballerina teaches you nothing but to put this broken game down

• @DahDakilven:

although being beaten by a ballerina teaches you nothing but to put this broken game down

Sad. Try actually learning the game; it’s the only thing we’ve done that you haven’t.

• Help we’ve spoiled the next generation of chivalry players

• Perfect evidence as to the damage low rank servers do to the community.

• A little trick for you if you really DO have too bigger ego to maturely handle losing to rank 50’s over and over again, is to switch to fists or underpowered weapons like sling and flails when playing in these servers. It will put a lot less stress on you to have a “perfect” KDR and make yourself enjoy the game more as you boldly and carelessly strive to get a kill.
    Most people won’t brag when they kill you either, like they would say if you were lmb spamming a GS.

After a while, you’ll naturally get confident fighting us rank 50+ with any weapons.

Also, on that note. DO NOT DRAW ATTENTION TO YOURSELF IN THE CHAT FEED!! Complaining about getting killed by some “unjust exploit” in chat will make the situation a million times worse and makes people naturally hostile towards you.

• This thread perfectly shows what’s wrong with this community.

I count myself in to the group of nubs who need to git gud and l2p and whatnot. I don’t drag, I barely feint and I don’t do stupid helicopter moves with my overpowered greatsword just like every “highskilled” vanguard.

Chivalry was quite enjoyable for me for most of the 900+ hours of life I wasted in there. But as the numbers of veterans and elitist arrogant pricks rises who have nothing but contempt for your leisure and casual playstyle, this game is turning more into a Dota2…a game where you need to spend countless hours to be halfway good at anything. And I neither have time nor interest to invest into “getting gud”. I’m bored fighting people with 9000+ FoV and overhead lookdowns and triple feints, dancing around you like a drunken spastic. That’s no fun for me. I just want to play, have some fun and then go out to do something constructive.

Unfortunately Chivalry has become a place for either lowranks or elitists. And I’m neither of both. This game’s community hasn’t been torn apart by paid DLC or some other stuff. It’s been torn apart by its own community. I’m not exaggerating when I say that I’ve barely seen a worse community of self-congratulating elitists (yes, everyone in the forums feel addressed) and trolls than in Chiv.

Some guys sitting in their ivory tower of “being gud” (christ I hate that word) and the horde of idiots scratching on the doors.

I don’t want to become a helicopter swinging drag-feint-queen. I don’t want to become something I hate to fight it. And that’s why me and other people who just want to unwind are wrong here.