Chivalry Competitive Scrims

• Over the past few days I’ve been working on a new Steam Group concept to make finding & setting up scrims more efficient and organized, and to help clans get more scrims + incentivize scrimming more. After lots of discussion with HeightofAbsurdity, Karasu, and a few others, I think it’s ready to be used (or at least tried for a bit). It’s a public group, so you don’t need an invite to join. Instead of writing a bunch here I’ll just link the Steam Group since pretty much everything is explained in detail there:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/ChivScrims

I’m not expecting everyone to immediately hop on board and everything to go smoothly at first, once clans get settled and a good amount of people have joined we’ll see how it goes and if it’s worth continuing. I know groups like this have been made in the past, but I think with enough participation and support this could actually work.

Any suggestions or questions?

• Looks awesome, good work.

• Joined the group.

• B-but a competitive scrim would be called a clanwar, the definition of scrim IS a practice or warmup round ;–;

• @Monsteri:

B-but a competitive scrim would be called a clanwar, the definition of scrim IS a practice or warmup round ;–;

We’ll keep it simple with competitive scrims or practice scrims (matches basically).

Also technically the definition of a scrim is a “strong, coarse fabric, chiefly used for heavy-duty lining or upholstery.” (According to Google)

• Well it’s not likely an “official” word, it’s just been this way in comp scenes forever, but yeah let’s keep it simple for convenience.

• I always thought that “scrim” was a strange word to use. I only knew wars, praccys or ESL-match and non-ESL-match before I’ve started playing Chiv. But who cares, everyone knows what it means.

• I always thought “scrim” just mean like a match, last time I heard “clan war” was back in my Socom days.

• @Kim:

I always thought “scrim” just mean like a match, last time I heard “clan war” was back in my Socom days.

Scrim is short for scrimmage. How did no one know this.

• An exhibition game, an informal sports contest or practice match which does not go on the regular season record

• @Naleaus:

Scrim is short for scrimmage. How did no one know this.

• An exhibition game, an informal sports contest or practice match which does not go on the regular season record

I knew it was short for scrimmage, I just didn’t think of a scrim as a practice, just a match. Doesn’t really matter though.

• Who cares what its called