Think of ranked servers as pre-school.

• Where new players have to take their first steps without pressure or stress.

If children were forced to start with primary school, yes it would give them a glimpse of what the “real world” is like earlier, but the sudden overwhelming difficulty of the first time would make them hate it more than they already do (School, not chivalry) and frustrate them.

Instead they have to take stuff slowly. Learn the very basic stuff and prepare.

Think of similarities the 2. If preschool can work why can’t ranked?

• Who says preschool actually works? Hell the entire American school system is the biggest indoctrination center for dumbing down the populous and killing any desire for freedom, independence and excellence. Are you sure you want to use that analogy? It is really not the best. For example: Home schoolers and private schools do far superior in all courses, math, English, reading, history and science.

So following that analogy, I would wager that independent noobs (home schoolers) who stay away from low rank servers and learn on their own and those that join a clan or play on private servers (private school) do far better and learn faster than those who need their hands held and spoon-fed the game are dependent upon the system.

• They do better but do they enjoy it? Out of 10 people how many do you think enjoy beingrepetedly wrecked before they learn?

• low rank servers teach bad habits like not parrying and lmbing wildly

a better tutorial with good bot AI would go a long way

• @zombojoe:

low rank servers teach bad habits like not parrying and lmbing wildly

a better tutorial with good bot AI would go a long way

I learned to parry from ranked. It wasn’t necessary to do good or average, or topscore. But personally I learned a lot of stuff that I couldn’t even try outside ranked.

A good (actual, real good, that forces you to learn and use advanced techniques) not the current kind where you can fist the bots to death) bot match tutorial would be enough to remove ranked servers entirely for me.

• @Ellthan:

I learned to parry from ranked. It wasn’t necessary to do good or average, or topscore. But personally I learned a lot of stuff that I couldn’t even try outside ranked.

A good (actual, real good, that forces you to learn and use advanced techniques) not the current kind where you can fist the bots to death) bot match tutorial would be enough to remove ranked servers entirely for me.

lols… you learned how to parry in a ranked server? I thought you played through the tutorial, where you would of learned how to parry doing the tutorial.

• This post is deleted!

• They only enjoy it temporarily. Where they could of learned to he good straight away.

• i really wouldnt know since i was topping the scoreboards day one

warhammer was glorious

• i’ll think of it as a cesspool of perpetual n00b skill

this is a game, not childrens classroom. please stop trying to inject grandma logic into a videogame

if you like the game, play it. if not, don’t play it

i don’t see what’s so difficult

• That’s a pretty dumb analogy. Low rank servers are bad for the community. We’ve even had a new player come on the forums complaining about the game caused by his experience in low rank servers giving him a false impression of what the game is.

You people act as if new players get absolutely destroyed 0-10 every single game. There’s 12 people on each team. Most of the time, all but one of those players suck or are average.

• Imo Low rank servers are a good thing and perhaps if this game was not full of such rubbish as reverse overhead matrix
    take the red pill crap then the newer players would not mind leaving the low rank pubs. Perhaps its the older ranked
    veterans that ruined how the game should be perceived. As I play on both ranked or low ranked with my other
    account. The low rank servers are much better, more fun and near full of pleasant new players, why should they
    want to find them selves in a bitter unlocked server with ranked queens showing off such stupid combat moves?

• Most of the players here find pub games (or normal unranked servers) incredibly easy anyway, so for all your complaining, you’re not being thrown in at the deep end anyways, not by a long way. The rank 50s you have seen now are probably 3rd person FFA pubstars, you won’t have seen the skill ceiling yet.

• @Retsnom:

lols… you learned how to parry in a ranked server? I thought you played through the tutorial, where you would of learned how to parry doing the tutorial.

No, I learned how to use parry efficiently.
    Not how to press q.

• Once I was a noob, I did 0-13 in duels. That was my average score in said gamemode, 0-alot. It was this game mechanics that got me, plus the fact it was hard as fuck. I liked the challange of a new, diferent game

But a better tutorial with some gud bots would do miracles for this comunity. They should really, really review or even remake that thing.