Help with Giant Slayer Mod

• Hello All!

When I run Giant Slayer Mod on my server, for whatever reason, it ignores my maplist=" " commands, in the game.udk. This is the only Mod, which instead of using the maps I listed, will switch to other workshop maps I added. Then after it switches for a second time, it crashes with and SDK error.

Has anyone ran into a similar situation, or have a suggestion on fixing this?

I tried to keep it just running arena3, but it will not follow the instructions given.

Any tips will be appreciated.

• Some mods tend to take over the config file and put one in their own modfolder.
    Check there, you’ll find an UDKGame.ini and you can adjust it.

• So it actually makes its own folder? I probably need to contact my server provider to get access to that file so I can edit it. I don’t see any new folder added to my drop down of files to be edited.

Thanks for the tip.

• Interesting. Black Knight was doing that on my server too. Or at least it was crashing after the 3rd map change… then resetting back to the initial map.

• Yep, it’s a bug. TBS knows about it, so it will be fixed at some point.
    It seems at least all game changing mods do this.

• @ChuckingIt:

So it actually makes its own folder? I probably need to contact my server provider to get access to that file so I can edit it. I don’t see any new folder added to my drop down of files to be edited.

Thanks for the tip.

Excuse my doublepost; Can’t reach UDK/CookedSDK folder via FTP?

• @Raizio:

Excuse my doublepost; Can’t reach UDK/CookedSDK folder via FTP?

Excuse my ignorance. But the only things I see are like "config/pcserver/cooked/<files.ini>

So I should be able to see a folder with an extension like "config/UDK/CookedSDK/ <files.ini>?

Also, thanks for the replies.</files.ini></files.ini>

• No it would be in the main directory. \UDKGame\CookedSDK\giantslayers_98744238498273 or whatever the folder name is.
    That’s where workshop mods are installed. Within each mod’s folder is a [modname].ini file.
    I just checked on my client and the giantslayers.ini file is indeed full of maplist stuff.

• @dudeface:

No it would be in the main directory. \UDKGame\CookedSDK\giantslayers_98744238498273 or whatever the folder name is.
    That’s where workshop mods are installed. Within each mod’s folder is a [modname].ini file.
    I just checked on my client and the giantslayers.ini file is indeed full of maplist stuff.

I just checked mine, and it is not loaded with map list stuff. What now?

• No idea. I’ve had some ?modname=BlackKnight things in my maplist for like months, and all of the sudden day before yesterday my server switched to BlackKnight (it had been ignoring the modname until now). Then kept crashing on mapchanges. So we had fun anyway, but couldnt cycle through the maps normally. My blackknight.ini file is normal though, so it was crashing for no reason on what–as far as I could tell–was a legit switch to FFA stoneshillvillage (the third map in my rotation).

Hopefully it eventually starts working and I can servertravel to blackknight or giantslayers mode…

• Thanks for the info, when I get home from work I plan on messing around with a few things to see if I can get it to work.