144hz monitor

• A 120Hz monitor isn’t bad either. The difference between a 120hz monitor And a 144hz monitor is negligible especially if you aren’t gonna play above 120FPS. But yeah it really depends on what framerate you get. You don’t buy a high refresh moniter just for the hell of it. I have a 75hz monitor but my setup barely sc****s 60 and varies tons.

• i have this : http://www.amazon.com/VG278HE-27-Inch-Screen-LED-lit-Monitor/dp/B00906HM6K/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1408409574&sr=8-2&keywords=asus+144hz+monitor

there’s a 24’’ model for about 100 bucks cheaper which is basically the same without the extra size of the 27. I prefer the 27 but 24 is perfect for gaming too. The colors on this monitor are gorgeous, response time great, i love it.

I run an i7-3770k, gtx680sc , and 8GB ram (yeah i know i should probably get more)

• @Dog:

I have an i5 3350p, 650 ti boost, and 16gb of ram. I currently have no problem getting 60 fps on high setting minus all the new AA stuff they just added. I think I’d be alright getting 120 based on spooks set up my comp is probably a small step down from that.

My budget would be around $250 for the monitor so I’d be looking at either the Asus VG248QE or the Benq XL2411Z. I’ve heard the Benq looks better but there is a bug with the blur reduction on V1 firmware and apparently there isn’t any way to tell if your getting V1 or V2 until you get the monitor and try it. Does anyone know anything about that?

I can’t help you with the firmware problem, but according to my friend who owns a XL2411T (Z predecessor) they both use the same panel, and you should base your decision on price and brand specific features (looks etc.).

• Alright thanks for all of the help guys :)

• Just remember that you can only run a monitor at 120+ hz if your graphics card has a Dual Link DVI-D port or DisplayPort. HDMI can’t do 144 hz.

• My PC specs are 2500k cpu, 7950 gpu. 8 gig ram.

I’m fairly sure this will be able to comfortably run at 120 fps on 24p servers. Does this gfx card also have the dual link DVI-D port or DisplayPort?

• @gndo:

My PC specs are 2500k cpu, 7950 gpu. 8 gig ram.

I’m fairly sure this will be able to comfortably run at 120 fps on 24p servers. Does this gfx card also have the dual link DVI-D port or DisplayPort?

Yeah it should have at least 1 of those things.

• Yeah it has dual link DVI-D

• Most graphics cards have a Duel link DVI-D slots I would of thought. Considering my AMD 5670 has one. Well ones manufactured after janurary 2010.

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=928VyYQxKKo

Here’s a good video that shows off how much smoother 144hz is compared to 60.

• is it going to make me a better player? :)

I’m gonna get one next month but i don’t know if it matters in chivalry, certain weapons are just very choppy.

• 144hz? Fuck, I thought 120hz was what I wanted.

At any rate, you guys have no idea how much I envy you. They don’t sell this kind of displays where I live (freaking import policies). The best thing in the market was a 23" LG monitor with an IPS panel that runs at 75 hz (on HDMI). If I wanted to get one of these higher rate displays, I’d need to invest as much money as 3 months of rent, maybe even more ;_;

• @Kim:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=928VyYQxKKo

Lol that’s bullshit. First of all 60hz isn’t as clunky as shown in the video. Secondly a screen recorder records at your Framerate not your screen refresh rate. Thirdly YouTube will adjust all videos to 30FPS anyway. Fourthly it depends on what screen you are watching that video on to an extent. And even if they used a proper camera which is the only practical way to show the Difference the camera would have to be recording at 144hz itself.

Yes a 144hz screen is way smoother than a 60hz screen. But there’s so many things wrong with that video lol.

• This game is limited to 120 though.

• @lemonater47:

Lol that’s bullshit. First of all 60hz isn’t as clunky as shown in the video. Secondly a screen recorder records at your Framerate not your screen refresh rate. Thirdly YouTube will adjust all videos to 30FPS anyway. Fourthly it depends on what screen you are watching that video on to an extent. And even if they used a proper camera which is the only practical way to show the Difference the camera would have to be recording at 144hz itself.

Yes a 144hz screen is way smoother than a 60hz screen. But there’s so many things wrong with that video lol.

He wasn’t recording with a screen recorder, he used a 500fps high speed camera and slowed it down in editing. It obviously isn’t showing the gameplay in realtime, so the youtube framerate limit doesn’t matter.

• @Alphonse:

144hz? Fuck, I thought 120hz was what I wanted.

At any rate, you guys have no idea how much I envy you. They don’t sell this kind of displays where I live (freaking import policies). The best thing in the market was a 23" LG monitor with an IPS panel that runs at 75 hz (on HDMI). If I wanted to get one of these higher rate displays, I’d need to invest as much money as 3 months of rent, maybe even more ;_;

From what I’ve seen there aren’t any 120hz monitors being produced currently at least in my price range. So its not that I plan to play any higher then 120fps but that the two monitors I saw under $300 where both 144hz. If there’s a cheaper option that’s 120hz I’m all ears.

@Kim:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=928VyYQxKKo

Wow that’s a pretty big difference

• @Kim:

He wasn’t recording with a screen recorder, he used a 500fps high speed camera and slowed it down in editing. It obviously isn’t showing the gameplay in realtime, so the youtube framerate limit doesn’t matter.

So he’s showing it in slow motion lol. Even the 144hz one is stuttering a bit. Kind of a silly comparison. Showing people what it looks like looking at it slower. That video is definitely not playing at what you should be seeing them at. The 60hz one looks like a low frequency CRT screen on its last legs. And the 144hz one looks worse than my 75hz screen. Its slowed down.

• The video doesn’t show or mention what FPS the game engine was running at during the video recording. Still doing that certainly shows that the 144hz monitor running at 144 FPS is certainly smoother than a 60hz monitor presumably running at 144fps.

• If you don’t believe the difference between 120 fps and 60 fps is real then just go to an electronics store and ask to see their monitors. They will always have monitors running at different fps to compare.

• @Noxin:

If you don’t believe the difference between 120 fps and 60 fps is real then just go to an electronics store and ask to see their monitors. They will always have monitors running at different fps to compare.

No such things in Australia/NZ.