Flinch IN windup is broken now.

• flinch in release is fixed, yes. But you guys somehow broke flinch in windup. We still want flinch in windup please.

Thanks!

• How is it broken?

I had a guy completely ignore my flinch last night and Maul my face off, if that’s what you mean. Wasn’t lagging but he wasn’t getting flinched during his wind up either.

• I noticed this a few times too and thought it was just me being crazy or the problems of 90 ping.

• This all goes back to FIR being removed. Before a maul player would have to stop his sprint before attacking to successfully get his attack off if he were to exchange an attack. This required proper timing to not get flinched in release during his slow attack while trying to get into range. Now he can cover more ground and since the mauls release time is very long he can avoid getting flinched and 1 shot you while sprinting.

1. Pick Maul, Messer, Great sword,or brandi
    2. Take damage
    3. Immediately parry an attack after getting flinched
    4. Que up an attack from the following parry
    5. If your fast enough your next attack cannot be stopped even if hit right after you try to riposte.

• ^ durr, ripostes are never supposed to be flinchable you big ol dingus

sherlock over here uncovering basic functions of the game

• It happens at least every 5min that i hit someone so early in his windup , any lag in the world shouldn’t protect him, but he still goes into release. We had those bugs in the past so i think that goot patched in then they switched the “flinch in release” files with the old ones

• This post is deleted!

• Has yet to happen to me.

• i’ve hit so many people in windup today and their swings continue. I do not want flinch in release, but i don’t want release in (should be) flinched windup.

FIR wasn’t just an issue for mauls/messers… it happened to all weapons. Knight and vanguard swords were affected… i’ve even been flinched in release on a broadsword, so it’s not just messer/maul knights which this is an issue for. Messer doesn’t flinch much because the lmb windup is so damn short seemingly to where all LMB’s continue to trade. Maul is a different story, they just go forward no matter what, you basically have to catch them while they’re ‘thinking’ about attacking to flinch them, before they wind up.

• Ok i got it, i did some testing on the F server with bigs and saber and we know what causes it exactly
    ill try to get a video up as soon as possible.

• i’m getting the video up now, but i’m talking about first swing without parrying/riposting or anything else. Just a normal swing not getting flinched in windup. I hope it’s just ping related or something.

• Yes to glorious spamfests! I can feel a sale coming on, the time is right.

• This kind of thing is exactly why I wanted TB to stay away from “balance”. They go overboard and we end up with bubbles and now we have flinchless fights. I don’t want Chivalry: Hit Trade Warfare.

Please revert your changes and never touch balance again.

• @50ShadesofClay:

i’m getting the video up now, but i’m talking about first swing without parrying/riposting or anything else. Just a normal swing not getting flinched in windup. I hope it’s just ping related or something.

Nice video, so you can’t stop those combos? oh my…

• Thanks for the video, maybe Torn Banner can watch it and see what they can do to fix the unflinchable riposte combo.

• @ashvins:

Nice video, so you can’t stop those combos? oh my…

well, we learned that once you combo, you can flinch the windup of the combo just like any other combo, but you should not be able to combo if hit during the riposte. You can still riposte sure, but it supposed to stop the combo. Once they combo as you can see in the video, you can flinch THAT windup and stop the combo.

There’s also some issue that basically causes people to get hit when not even swinging and then throw a fast hit right after being hit avoiding the entire flinch completely and gettting a swing off while you cannot parry (assuming you did a single strike and not combo) Will have to try to recreate that. It’s basically like that old bug before when you get hit in recovery and can immediately hit after, it’s like that basically… only they’re in idle state getting hit.