How can we get TBS to hotfix this bug?

• Inspired by a thread on Reddit (/r/ChivalryGame) where someone posted a video of him exploiting a pretty well known bug. I want to bring this up again because last time it definitely got buried in a bug report thread.

I’m talking about the bug when you attack immediately after tarking out or putting away your shield.

What happens is you hear a grunt and can see your player slow down a bit. What other people see is you doing a superfast attack that does no damage and has no tracers that can be followed with a real attack that is very easy to land because it doesn’t look like a feint, it looks like a laggy attack.

This is very easily reproduced by anyone just by pressing 3 (shield equip/unequip) when you have a 1h weapon in your hand and IMMEDIATELY attacking after pressing 3.

It’s not a huge problem since it requires a bit practice do pull it off constantly, but it’s easily exploitable once you do. I have only seen a few people do it but thankfully none of them were exploiting it. It’s just the kind of thing that when the wrong people figure out how to do it it’s gonna be a never ending bugslashfeintfest, and I would very much like to play Chivalry without all that ever happening. I had hoped they would’ve fixed it in the Battle for Balance patch but no dice.

Anyway, here is some video material. In the first clip I recruited Zero Hour to do some of those to demonstrate what it looks like to other players, and in the second clip I’m showing how it looks like when you do it yourself. In the end of that same clip I actually attack a few times after the bug so you can see that it can actually be used as a feint that drains no stamina.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlPQwWcPWxg

P.S. I’m sorry for the Batman soundtrack, forgot to turn the music off again…

• Hello Fang,

I’ll toss this up in the database. It was really difficult for me to reproduce though so it’s most likely not going to be hotfixed. Thanks.

• @DaGGyzo:

Hello Fang,

I’ll toss this up in the database. It was really difficult for me to reproduce though so it’s most likely not going to be hotfixed. Thanks.

It can’t be done in an offline game. You need to go to an actual server online to reproduce it.

• oh, i’ve been able to do this all day long. You can exploit it because it plays an attack animation but it costs no stamina. it’s basically free shield feint lol.

many people know of it but it’s not used in competitive, if it was they would be dq’d or something i’d imagine. I’m sure people do it though.

people don’t bring it up because they like to keep exploits secret as long as possible.

Also, you guys know you can still superjump with maa? allows you to get into areas you normally couldn’t…. remember the archer pavise sploit? Well maa can do the same thing with superjump. Also i’ve still seen people superdodge as well, basically both still exist. :D

• This post is deleted!

• @50ShadesofClay:

nah you dont.

Really? I set up an offline server with bots but for the life of me couldn’t pull it off. I can do it in any online server though.

@50ShadesofClay:

Also, you guys know you can still superjump with maa? allows you to get into areas you normally couldn’t…. remember the archer pavise sploit? Well maa can do the same thing with superjump. Also i’ve still seen people superdodge as well, basically both still exist. :D

I wanted to bring that up too but I felt that this needs to be fixed more urgently.

• @Fang:

Really? I set up an offline server with bots but for the life of me couldn’t pull it off. I can do it in any online server though.

ok you’re right

• I got it to reproduce, and I was online.

• @DaGGyzo:

I got it to reproduce, and I was online.

Cool. It would be nice it you would be able to fix it.

• This is the best exploit lol.

Everyone thinks its the server.

There are others. Like having infinite health while you are in the enemy spawn by constantly respawning yourself in the spawn. I think it has something to do with pushing F10. I don’t know. Haven’t tried. But seen many do it.

Then there’s the Pavise exploit, The stairs on hillside…

• i got a few more for you DaGGyzo,

theyll be in the Bug Reports Section.

• Is this the thread where we post exploits and instructions on how to do them so every publord can too?

• @kanGuru:

Is this the thread where we post exploits and instructions on how to do them so every publord can too?

apparently, i just made a vid that’s uploading now, it shows the sploits but doesn’t say how they’re done.

• @50ShadesofClay:

people don’t bring it up because they like to keep exploits secret as long as possible.

Ugh, I wish people would stop reporting the fun stuff. I’m still butthurt over my 4 second ammo boxes in Dark Forest going away…

• i was under the assumption this was already reported, everyone in the comp scene knew about it, it was too obvious to abuse lol

i guess you tryhards are so bad you need to hide your exploits to stand a chance lel

• I tried to do this for like 5 minutes and it never worked once. Does it have anything to do with framerate?

• Maybe if your framerate is really bad you may not be able to click attack in time for the bug to happen. Otherwise you’re just too slow or you are not in a multiplayer server.

• The only thing that needs hotfixing is the pavise shield. Today when I deployed it it broke immediately.

• @Fang:

Maybe if your framerate is really bad you may not be able to click attack in time for the bug to happen. Otherwise you’re just too slow or you are not in a multiplayer server.

120 fps…

• I tried it last knight when I remembered this thread running towards an objective. Super easy to do, then I promptly forgot about it to instead pummel people with the Tower Flail.