FPS issues since HUD patch

• I’ve never once had FPS problems in chiv, I could play on high with zero frame drops (above 70, minimum) in 24-32man servers.

Once the hud patch came out, I started getting noticeable fps drops in battle. But, if I turned off the hud (with H), I returned to regular performance.

Then a few days later another patch came out, saying “we’ve fixed the hud fps issues”… but all that did was revert me back to the performance I was getting after the original patch before I had pressed H to disable the HUD.

Is anyone else having this issue? My fps is shit now. I still have all nvidia optimizations turned on, set to high performance, all of that (haven’t changed anything). I have played around with the ingame settings, every possible combination you could think of. No difference, almost identical performance on each setting.

(Before you tell me my hardware is old/sub-par, remember I was playing this game 100% smooth before the HUD patch.)

560ti SLI (latest drivers)
    p8p67 deluxe
    16gb 1600 ddr3
    win7 x64

Any suggestions??

• Are you forcing any quality options with Nvidia’s control panel? If so, perhaps disable them. Or maybe backup the games config files and then delete them (not from the main game directory) then start the game again, see if fresh INI’s sorts you out or not. You might’ve gotten a bad patching too, do a cache check through steam.

Hard drive health can affect gaming performance too, say if you’re low on space. Couldn’t imagine you would be with how big HD’s get these days but it’s worth a look all the same.

• @Nexussfire:

Are you forcing any quality options with Nvidia’s control panel? If so, perhaps disable them. Or maybe backup the games config files and then delete them (not from the main game directory) then start the game again, see if fresh INI’s sorts you out or not. You might’ve gotten a bad patching too, do a cache check through steam.

Hard drive health can affect gaming performance too, say if you’re low on space. Couldn’t imagine you would be with how big HD’s get these days but it’s worth a look all the same.

Hey man, thanks for taking the time to reply.

What I tried:

• Reset chiv nvidia settings to default with nvidia inspector
    • Ran steam validate (found 4 files, it reinstalled redist package)
    • Cleared up 40 gigs of hd space (160gb of 1tb free now)
    • Renamed /config/ folder to reset ingame settings
    • Played around with ingame video settings again

No difference =/ I’m starting to think it’s something that was “broken” with the patch. I can’t be the only one.

• The only effect I noticed after last patch was that on the same settings I used in CHivalry, my framerate has been 10-15 fps lower than pre-patch. I now have to play with most settings on Low if I don’t want to suck in scrims, but it runs smoothly enough so I can’t complain too much.

I’d play in Throneroom (best optimized map IMO) with few players and try to narrow down when the framerate goes to shit. I.e., when YOU are swinging, or when there’s a bunch of people on your screen, etc.

When you refer to ingame settings, did you try with the Lower Antialias option? Also, with ragdolls set to 0? Those settings have been acting weird for me since that patch and they have an impact on my framerate.
    Also, try reducing the audio channels.

You can try setting you CPU’s affinity to only 2 cores (go to your Task Manager, rightclick CMW.exe, set affinity, leave only cores 0 and 1 enabled).

There are some .INI tweaks all over the support forum you might want to try, like changing the sound compression (you have enough ram and a decent CPU) so that might give you a slight boost.

Lastly, have you tried it with SLI off? That’s the only “unusual” hardware setting I can see on your rig.